Sept. Pine Barrens Ride

Planning a local ride or a Rally? Let other folks know here so they can ride along.
Forum rules
This is the place to plan a ride or let others know about upcoming rides. Please post stories and/or pictures of the ride once it happens in the "Ride Reports" section. Please put the city and state of the rally or start of the ride so folks can attend.
stagewex
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Sept. Pine Barrens Ride

Post by stagewex » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:06 pm

I suppose a rehearsal for the JDH in a couple weeks? Two buddies and I rode Dual-Sport this past Saturday. Mostly in Brendan Byrne State Park which we pass thru all the time even if we start way up in Wharton. But this time got to really explore those roads and trails.

Why did we start there? Because Jaybird was kind enough to host our trucks and Jeep at his farm since we are kinda unfamiliar with parking around his location. THANKS JAY! I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to join us but we found plenty of things to get in trouble with.

We stuck to the double-track roads, then a bit of single-track and eventually some "no-track" which may have or may not have been an actual trail at some point. The final run into the woods was the most challenging of sand, gravel and whoops all in one crazy package. At one point I lost one of my trusty little Session cameras and was lucky enough to find it still running and blinking in a shallow water hole.

Weather never got above 70 degrees so a kinda first Fall ride though we all know technically it's still Summer.

For me I'm still learning about my new bike although I've already ridden the woods in the Catskills & Adirondacks with her. Of course riding dirt is NOTHING compared to riding The Pines. I like running out of Jay's because the sand seems much more packed and seems like more to see on either 2 or 3 wheels. I hope we head that way at some point during the Fall JDH.

Conditions were dry by Pines standards though that doesn't mean we weren't soaked from the knee's down at the end.
Here's about 2.5 minutes of our ride, enjoy:

Stagewex

Current Herd all running amok:
2019 Honda CRF450L (Elec Start)
2008 Vespa 150S (Elec & Kick Start)
2007 Ural Patrol (2WD, Elec & Kick Start)
2006 Honda "Big Ruckus" PS250 (Elec Start)
1991 Honda XR250L (Kick Start Only) *NOT running amok, out for Bottom & Top-End Rebuild.
1986 Yamaha BW200ES (Elec & Kick Start)

List what you "have", keep the others in your precious memory bank.

BinDerSmokDat

Re: Sept. Pine Barrens Ride

Post by BinDerSmokDat » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:58 am

stagewex wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:06 pm
...eventually some "no-track" which may have or may not have been an actual trail at some point...
ReCycled (Dave) always seems to find these. :lol:

Glad to hear the riding was good.
Haven't been to the Pines in a few months, but we will find out what the conditions are like for Urals very soon!

tgtrotter
Commissar
Commissar

Post by tgtrotter » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:49 pm

Stagewex. Nice video. Felt like I was a skilled and well equipped rider. :thumbsup:
2007 Woodland Green Patrol :foilhead:
Powertrain OEM
2004 FLTRI :machinegun:
1992 Trek 830 :P

stagewex

Post by stagewex » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:38 pm

Thanks and yes it really was a rehearsal for this... go here:

https://sovietsteeds.com/forums/viewtop ... 5&start=15
Stagewex

Current Herd all running amok:
2019 Honda CRF450L (Elec Start)
2008 Vespa 150S (Elec & Kick Start)
2007 Ural Patrol (2WD, Elec & Kick Start)
2006 Honda "Big Ruckus" PS250 (Elec Start)
1991 Honda XR250L (Kick Start Only) *NOT running amok, out for Bottom & Top-End Rebuild.
1986 Yamaha BW200ES (Elec & Kick Start)

List what you "have", keep the others in your precious memory bank.