USAGE

If you are having a problem with the forums, try clicking on the "FAQ" link at the top of the page first. If that doesn't work, stop in here for help. Suggestions for site improvement are welcomed. For the love of Lennin, if you have a tech question about your rig, put it in "The Order of the Greasy Wrench" section below, not here.
Forum rules
This is the place to report problems with the forums, ask for help with the fourms and test posts. Techincal Support for Ural and Dnepr motorcycles is in the Hammerin' & Wrenchin' section.
jvan1954
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

USAGE

Post by jvan1954 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:12 am

let me start by stating that I am not at all a computer dude. I have been using this forum from the same computer and location for maybe six months. When I try to use it now I get a message saying that I can't access the site for anywhere from 3-60 seconds. I wait. try again. samo samo. It seems to be getting worse and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. This forum has been invaluable in getting my scooter going and I appreciate all of you. If its a matter of financial support I have no problem with that at all, let me know where/how and how much and I will get it to you as soon as I can. If its operator error (very good possibility) please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Let me know how to get some bucks to you all either way as I know this has to be costing you, and as I said before, I'm not sure I would have gotten my scooter going without your help. Thanks

PS I looked at FAQ and did not see this covered
Jerry Van

there is no problem so complex, nor situation so dire, that its solution can not be found in the skillful application of high explosives.
Ride a 2013 tourist that I call "the ural"

Manscout

Re: USAGE

Post by Manscout » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:13 pm

Well, that stinks you are having an issue. I am on this site throughout the day, and I am not having any of the issues you are reporting. Initially, I would say it is something on your end. It is really hard to tell what "it" could be from where I am, but here is a list of possible culprits:
- You have to many items access the internet from your device and it is slowing down your connection
- Too many tabs or browser sessions open at the same time
- Your PC cannot handle the load because of other items open
- You have a malicious software on your PC trying to redirect your request
- WiFi having trouble (might even be unseen trouble such as interference)
- Internet service provider is having issues

I'm sorry I cannot help you much, but I have been in IT for over 20 years, so you can at least trust my evaluation.
"It goes nowhere fast, and everywhere cool".

2011 Ural Patrol
Gillette, Wy
Instagram: manscoutwyo

JohnBG
General Secretary
General Secretary

Post by JohnBG » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:58 pm

The web host also did a migration from one server to another recently on Jan. 28th, if you were trying to access the site during the migration, there may have been some issues. The migration is complete, please let me know if you are still having problems.
John Grocke aka "JohnBG"
Site Administrator - sovietsteeds.com

Current Rides:
'06 Ural Raven - "Vorona"
'09 Kawasaki KLR650 - "Madea"

History:
'98.5 Ural Tourist - "Valentina" - Gone but not forgotten.
2002 Harley Road King FLHPI
1997 Harley Electra Glide FLHTPI
Honda Nighthawk 650 from the mid-80's
1980 Suzuki RM125T
1970 Honda CL100

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

jvan1954

Post by jvan1954 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:30 pm

Thanks for responding john. It worked today so maybe it was transient in nature, also I live out in the MON so it could easily be on my end. I was kinda freakin because I do count on you alls expertise. Freak that I am I am working my way thru the old posts and find alot of stuff that is good to know. I was also sincere in the money thing. I don't have pay pal or whatever, but I do have a credit card if I can donate something that way. This has to be costing you some bucks and I don't mind doing my part, Let me know
Jerry Van

there is no problem so complex, nor situation so dire, that its solution can not be found in the skillful application of high explosives.
Ride a 2013 tourist that I call "the ural"