Posting pictures

If you are having a problem with the forums, try clicking on the "FAQ" link at the top of the page first. If that doesn't work, stop in here for help. Suggestions for site improvement are welcomed. For the love of Lennin, if you have a tech question about your rig, put it in "The Order of the Greasy Wrench" section below, not here.
Forum rules
This is the place to report problems with the forums, ask for help with the fourms and test posts. Techincal Support for Ural and Dnepr motorcycles is in the Hammerin' & Wrenchin' section.
flcruiser2302
Party Member
Party Member

Posting pictures

Post by flcruiser2302 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:42 am

OK, I know how, but there has got to be an easier way. Fact is, 99% of us take pics of their rides and mounts with their I phones and would like to post them straight from iPhone to the sight, but the size of the pictures keep me from doing that. I currently have to send them as an attachment to myself which allows me to send pics as small, medium, or large. Only pictures sent to myself in small can be posted. I guess I need to know how to resize my pics on my phone, which I cannot see how to do, or either find a better way. What is the answer? Other forums let you post any pics directly from iPhone, what gives?
John in Orlando Fl
2017 CT
2-1 exhaust with cats removed, K&N drop in filter installed along with Dobeck EJK set at stock settings.

coyote
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Re: Posting pictures

Post by coyote » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:44 am

Well I understand why there is a size limit, pictures take up lots of storage and bandwidth which increases costs for the forum hosts causing them to reach their monthly data transfer limits faster. I did the same process as you sending it to myself in a smaller format then uploading. Now I just created an imgbb.com account for free, can upload my full size pictures from my phone, and simply copy and paste the full size image embed code which looks like this but with proper brackets:

[imghttps://image.ibb.co/eEEs95/Eclipse.jpg /img]

And looks like this in the post:
2014 "Sage Green" Gear Up
1989 Honda Hawk
2004 Yamaha R1
2019 Indian Chieftain Dark Horse

flcruiser2302
Party Member
Party Member

Post by flcruiser2302 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:15 am

Thanks Coyote!!
John in Orlando Fl
2017 CT
2-1 exhaust with cats removed, K&N drop in filter installed along with Dobeck EJK set at stock settings.

flcruiser2302
Party Member
Party Member

Post by flcruiser2302 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:01 am

coyote wrote:Well I understand why there is a size limit, pictures take up lots of storage and bandwidth which increases costs for the forum hosts causing them to reach their monthly data transfer limits faster. I did the same process as you sending it to myself in a smaller format then uploading. Now I just created an imgbb.com account for free, can upload my full size pictures from my phone, and simply copy and paste the full size image embed code which looks like this but with proper brackets:

[imghttps://image.ibb.co/eEEs95/Eclipse.jpg /img]

And looks like this in the post:
I created an account with that site and have lots of issues with. I have access with some devices, none with others, half the time it says it can't be reached. There really has to be a better way to post pictures, other sites are able to have lots of people post pictures straight from iphones and are free, that startup thing called FaceBook comes to mind! :sarcasm:
John in Orlando Fl
2017 CT

Mr Wazzock
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Post by Mr Wazzock » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:01 am

coyote wrote: [imghttps://image.ibb.co/eEEs95/Eclipse.jpg /img]
That works great, trouble is, as I posted elsewhere a minute ago:
https://www.sovietsteeds.com/forums/vie ... 47#p618247

... that image is 4928 x 3264 pixels and 1.58 megabytes, and appears on the page like a roller blind coming down, because the download time is so long, on a bad connection could take several seconds while you watch it being scanned line-by-line. Or it could just stop halfway. So not a complete answer IMHO.

Mike H
2016 Ural cT, in glorious terracotta
(aka Oranzhevaya Opasnost, "The Orange Peril")

JohnBG
General Secretary
General Secretary

Post by JohnBG » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:39 pm

Mr Wazzock wrote:
coyote wrote: [imghttps://image.ibb.co/eEEs95/Eclipse.jpg /img]
That works great, trouble is, as I posted elsewhere a minute ago:
https://www.sovietsteeds.com/forums/vie ... 47#p618247

... that image is 4928 x 3264 pixels and 1.58 megabytes, and appears on the page like a roller blind coming down, because the download time is so long, on a bad connection could take several seconds while you watch it being scanned line-by-line. Or it could just stop halfway. So not a complete answer IMHO.

Set your camera to take smaller sized pictures... :mrgreen:
John Grocke aka "JohnBG"
Site Administrator - sovietsteeds.com

Current Rides:
'06 Ural Raven - "Vorona"
'09 Kawasaki KLR650 - "Madea"

History:
'98.5 Ural Tourist - "Valentina" - Gone but not forgotten.
2002 Harley Road King FLHPI
1997 Harley Electra Glide FLHTPI
Honda Nighthawk 650 from the mid-80's
1980 Suzuki RM125T
1970 Honda CL100

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle.” ― Hunter S. Thompson