Problem Deleting a Post

If you are having a problem with the forums, try clicking on the "FAQ" link at the top of the page first. If that doesn't work, stop in here for help. Suggestions for site improvement are welcomed. For the love of Lennin, if you have a tech question about your rig, put it in "The Order of the Greasy Wrench" section below, not here.
Forum rules
This is the place to report problems with the forums, ask for help with the fourms and test posts. Techincal Support for Ural and Dnepr motorcycles is in the Hammerin' & Wrenchin' section.
dneprlover
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Re: Problem Deleting a Post

Post by dneprlover » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:12 pm

[quote=dneprlover post_id=714302 time=1575333724 user_id=4904]
[quote=Lokiboy post_id=714299 time=1575330809 user_id=4156]
[quote=Bilgekeeldave post_id=714298 time=1575330187 user_id=35]
You could report your own post and in the reason for the report, say that you messed up and want it gone. A moderator would then take care of it for you.
[/quote]

If you can’t delete it, it’s easy to just go back and EDIT, e.g. erase the text.
[/quote]

It would be much easier reinstating the system to what it was a few weeks ago. If the Admin can't be arsed, neither can I
[/quote]

30 june 2020 Well it appears that admin can't be arsed so I give up. Just tried to get rid of another post and find I am unable to.
This site has not been the same for me since the soap box closed and my closest Dnepr soulmate ( propwash ) left a while ago so I've decided to give up. The last straw was when I found I was helping someone who was deliberately going to produce a dishonest bike and the thought has been nagging at me for a few weeks now.. I hope the next stool he passes will be a porcupine.

No ifs buts or wailing please I'm gone and am about to trash my password so don't bother commenting. I'm not worth it. I'm staying with my Dneprs because I love them and they have been part of my life for a long time and am going to concentrate more on my fairly successful motorcycle and firearms freelance journalism (under different pen names ) to help keep money coming in for my hobbies.
Bye Claus, Bye Lew, it's been nice talking to you ( and some of you urinalists as well)

Admin. I would appreciate it if you would remove as much of me from the site as you are able

Mr Wazzock
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Post by Mr Wazzock » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:49 pm

Test ...

Aaaa-and ...

Appendix (EDIT): you can delete your post but only if it is the last one, pretty sure, and there may also be a time limit, after which no can do, but I'm not sure about that. (Yet.)
Mike H
2016 Ural cT, in glorious terracotta
(aka Oranzhevaya Opasnost, "The Orange Peril")

Mr Wazzock

Post by Mr Wazzock » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:53 pm

dneprlover wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:12 pm
No ifs buts or wailing please I'm gone and am about to trash my password so don't bother commenting. I'm not worth it. I'm staying with my Dneprs because I love them and they have been part of my life for a long time and am going to concentrate more on my fairly successful motorcycle and firearms freelance journalism (under different pen names ) to help keep money coming in for my hobbies.
Bye Claus, Bye Lew, it's been nice talking to you ( and some of you urinalists as well)
:(

EDIT: yep the ability to delete last post is immediately wiped out if another post follows it ...
Mike H
2016 Ural cT, in glorious terracotta
(aka Oranzhevaya Opasnost, "The Orange Peril")

Lokiboy

Post by Lokiboy » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:27 pm

:lol: Yep, same answer that was posted May 2019
2011 Gear Up - "Erika"
Yorktown, VA

Mains: 127, Idle: 40, Needle: 1 shim
MKIII air filter
100,000 km and counting