Having a problem registering or logging in?

If you are having a problem with the forums, try clicking on the "FAQ" link at the top of the page first. If that doesn't work, stop in here for help. Suggestions for site improvement are welcomed. For the love of Lennin, if you have a tech question about your rig, put it in "The Order of the Greasy Wrench" section below, not here.
Forum rules
This is the place to report problems with the forums, ask for help with the fourms and test posts. Techincal Support for Ural and Dnepr motorcycles is in the Hammerin' & Wrenchin' section.
User avatar
vetsurginc
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018
Posts: 1059
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:55 pm
Location: Parkland, FL

Re: Having a problem registering or logging in?

Post by vetsurginc » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:15 am

The new Firefox version 52, flags the logon box because it is not a secure site/no https:// in the address. Never been a problem before but is a secure logon available?
Doug
2011 GearUp Vasily (Васи́лий) Main 125, idle 38, Raceway needles, and stock exhaust, MKIII air filter
2010 R1200RT Gustav
Image

User avatar
Mr Wazzock
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018
Posts: 3504
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:22 pm
Location: Boston, UK
Contact:

Re: Having a problem registering or logging in?

Post by Mr Wazzock » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:18 pm

Yes seems this is just new Firefox being pedantic.

I'm using version 52 as well (52.0) but have not had this happen yet. But then I'm always logged on, if that makes any difference.
Mike H
2016 Ural cT, in glorious terracotta

User avatar
mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory
Posts: 7234
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:28 pm
Location: Granite Falls, WA, 98223, USA
Contact:

Re: Having a problem registering or logging in?

Post by mr. cob » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:43 pm

Howdy John,

For some reason I can't stay logged in, this just started today 3-28-17. I keep getting a box that says "This website is not secure" or something like that I don't remember exactly. Anyway every time I get an email telling about a new post that has been made to a thread I am following I have to by pass this alert and do a log in. Can you help? Thanks.

Dave
Mr. Cob

Driver of the "Predator" a highly modified 2005 Gear-Up.

Driver of the "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, this rig is now driven primarily by "Mrs. Cob"

Driver of the "Kraken", 2014 Asphalt Gray Gear-Up that will be used to prove out and test parts for the new generation of Fueli rigs.

My Photo galleries, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

Join "Smugmug", click this link and save some money, https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6

User avatar
JohnBG
General Secretary
General Secretary
Posts: 15633
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:12 pm
Location: Deltona, FL, USA
Contact:

Re: Having a problem registering or logging in?

Post by JohnBG » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:49 pm

mr. cob wrote:Howdy John,

For some reason I can't stay logged in, this just started today 3-28-17. I keep getting a box that says "This website is not secure" or something like that I don't remember exactly. Anyway every time I get an email telling about a new post that has been made to a thread I am following I have to by pass this alert and do a log in. Can you help? Thanks.

Dave
What device (PC, Mac, Tablet, Phone) and what browser are you using? Or are you using Tapatalk?

We just installed a new SSL certificate earlier this week. Should have the opposite effect.
John Grocke aka "JohnBG"
Site Administrator - sovietsteeds.com

Current Rides:
'06 Ural Raven - "Vorona"
'09 Kawasaki KLR650 - "Madea"

History:
'98.5 Ural Tourist - "Valentina" - Gone but not forgotten.
2002 Harley Road King FLHPI
1997 Harley Electra Glide FLHTPI
Honda Nighthawk 650 from the mid-80's
1980 Suzuki RM125T
1970 Honda CL100

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

User avatar
JohnBG
General Secretary
General Secretary
Posts: 15633
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:12 pm
Location: Deltona, FL, USA
Contact:

Re: Having a problem registering or logging in?

Post by JohnBG » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:50 pm

vetsurginc wrote:The new Firefox version 52, flags the logon box because it is not a secure site/no https:// in the address. Never been a problem before but is a secure logon available?
just installed a new SSL, you can use http or https now.
John Grocke aka "JohnBG"
Site Administrator - sovietsteeds.com

Current Rides:
'06 Ural Raven - "Vorona"
'09 Kawasaki KLR650 - "Madea"

History:
'98.5 Ural Tourist - "Valentina" - Gone but not forgotten.
2002 Harley Road King FLHPI
1997 Harley Electra Glide FLHTPI
Honda Nighthawk 650 from the mid-80's
1980 Suzuki RM125T
1970 Honda CL100

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

User avatar
mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory
Posts: 7234
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:28 pm
Location: Granite Falls, WA, 98223, USA
Contact:

Re: Having a problem registering or logging in?

Post by mr. cob » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:39 pm

JohnBG wrote:
mr. cob wrote:Howdy John,

For some reason I can't stay logged in, this just started today 3-28-17. I keep getting a box that says "This website is not secure" or something like that I don't remember exactly. Anyway every time I get an email telling about a new post that has been made to a thread I am following I have to by pass this alert and do a log in. Can you help? Thanks.

Dave
What device (PC, Mac, Tablet, Phone) and what browser are you using? Or are you using Tapatalk?

We just installed a new SSL certificate earlier this week. Should have the opposite effect.
Howdy John,

I am using firefox on a Mac, TODAY everything is working as it had in the past, maybe it took a whole for all the changes to settle in.

Dave
Mr. Cob

Driver of the "Predator" a highly modified 2005 Gear-Up.

Driver of the "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, this rig is now driven primarily by "Mrs. Cob"

Driver of the "Kraken", 2014 Asphalt Gray Gear-Up that will be used to prove out and test parts for the new generation of Fueli rigs.

My Photo galleries, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

Join "Smugmug", click this link and save some money, https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6

User avatar
JohnBG
General Secretary
General Secretary
Posts: 15633
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:12 pm
Location: Deltona, FL, USA
Contact:

Re: Having a problem registering or logging in?

Post by JohnBG » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:13 pm

OK glad it works.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
John Grocke aka "JohnBG"
Site Administrator - sovietsteeds.com

Current Rides:
'06 Ural Raven - "Vorona"
'09 Kawasaki KLR650 - "Madea"

History:
'98.5 Ural Tourist - "Valentina" - Gone but not forgotten.
2002 Harley Road King FLHPI
1997 Harley Electra Glide FLHTPI
Honda Nighthawk 650 from the mid-80's
1980 Suzuki RM125T
1970 Honda CL100

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

User avatar
OHScot
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:49 pm
Location: Southwest Ohio

Re: Having a problem registering or logging in?

Post by OHScot » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:22 am

Hi John,

On Galaxy S3 keep getting the message "Couldn't establish a secure connection" . Old phone I know but I ride a Ural. Any idea help, other than new browser or new phone.

I may be going flip phone as this tech stuff is wearing me out.

Scot
No bugs on the screen in winter.

Post Reply