Please....Let Us Know Back!!!

Are ya having a problem with your rig? We'll try to help. Share your tech tips and experiences here. Dr. Billy Glaser, author of the "Unofficial 750 Ural Service Manual" site myural.com, is moderating this section.
Forum rules
Here is the place for you to ask questions about or share your experiences about servicing or repairing your Ural or Dnepr. Please post topics concering modifications or accesories in the "Modifications and Acessories" section. Please post oil related questions in the "Oil Threads" section.
DaveO
Commissar
Commissar

Please....Let Us Know Back!!!

Post by DaveO » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:04 am

Sometimes, assorted advice on a mechanical problem is given to a poster....only to never hear back from them on which advice, solution, or combination thereof actually solved the dilemma...We would all certainly love to hear back on what worked for you, so that others may benefit from the experience :) :) :)

So Please, Let us know back!

Thanks a bunch!
'00 CMSI Patrol

berger
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Re: Please....Let Us Know Back!!!

Post by berger » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:43 am

:thumbsup:
Berger

2007 Ural Patrol (1st Owner)
Many, Many Mods.

S 854
Commissar
Commissar

Post by S 854 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:54 am

:thumbsup:
'07 Arctic: The Russian Raucous Ship

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out...

FOX 43
Comrade
Comrade

Post by FOX 43 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:12 pm

Guilty as charged. I posted a few weeks ago about a valve issue, got it resolved (had Mike at Mike's Urals in TN take a look at it to double-check me), immediatley had to leave town, got back, and hit the road for what was supposed to be a three day ride with a BMW buddy from Atlanta. Three weeks and 4,000 km later, I'm finally back in Alabama. Great ride through N. GA, NC, TN, VA, W VA, MD, PA, and back. Ride report to follow tonight after loosening up with pork and beer.

Anyway, as a newby, I'm always appreciative of the knowledge and camaraderie on the boards.
2009 Sahara....still waiting for a proper name for her

pidgey
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by pidgey » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:38 pm

Yeah, inquiring minds wanna know! :)
2005 BMW K1200S with Hannigan SuperSport chair
2007 Suzuki Boulevard S83
2010 Patrol (the lemon) SOLD

BOUNTY HUNTER
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by BOUNTY HUNTER » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:02 am

I've dealt w/ this on other forums also and all I can say is... If you ask for advice please at least have the courtesy to post back if it solved your problem or not. If you don't you are basically a shithead and you might not get any help later on. Of course there are some people who do this all the time, keep posting their problem but never tried any of the offered solutions, etc. TROLLS :x
Some people take quite a bit of their time to answer questions (FOR FREE) and make your problem THEIR PROBLEM. The least you can do is tell them & the rest of the lurkers if the problem was fixed or not. Thanks. :)
1997 KLR650
"A book is like a mirror; if an azz peers into it, you can't expect an apostle to look out."
— G.C. Lichtenberg

gremlin96
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by gremlin96 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:21 pm

its a problem all over the BBS system, i am on 3 bike forums and one car forum. you will get some one that does not know how to use the search, then ask a bunch of questions. they never let you know what fixed it. its always good to do a update. even if its a month or two later.
750cc 2005 patrol

catfish
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by catfish » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:35 pm

I can understand Bounty Hunters frustration.Most of the guys here get into trying to supply good reliable solutions to problems posted and it really is just being curtious to write a reply telling everyone that the fix worked or sometimes didn't work.It costs a lot less time than what the person who gave out the advise spent clearly explaining the possible repair procedure.

CATFISH

Spyder
Comrade General
Comrade General

Post by Spyder » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:50 am

Agreed - it's invaluable feedback for someone who comes in with a problem and tries searching for a solution on their own instead of asking straight away. Saves everyone a lot of hassle.
Spyder
---------
'07 Gear-up - "War Pig" with 1945 MG-34 - "Buzz Kill"Image

"Why you buy motorcycle is broke from factory?" - Ukranian vendor representative at work

Alexy
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by Alexy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:07 am

While it is not unique problem for a Ural forum. I think it is far more prevalent on a Ural forum since the Ural community for years has relyed on owner to owner assistance due to a soft dealer network for technical assistance.
98 Sportsman with 750 upgrade
83 Lithuanian Mail Ural
Это всё что останется после меня

bikerjack181

Post by bikerjack181 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:17 am

Just a quick note on reverse shifter installation. The gas tank does NOT have to be removed for easy installation. Just remove two front tank bolts and lift the tank up as far as it will go....about 2-3 inches. Hold the tank up in place with a block of wood. For more wiggle room unbolt front of seat.
Easy project :D

Happy Motoring.
**bikerjack**
Honda Valkyrie
H-D Custom Bobber
Ural Gear Up
Jeep
Land Rover

ecurrent
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by ecurrent » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:43 am

Being a newbe, I have yet to offend (yet). Rest assured though, your help id GREATLY appreciated. I have decided to repair/rebuild my clutch because of SS support. So if I am slow to respond, it will be due to time needed to incorporate the solutions. Once again, thanks in advance.
Special Ed
Tucson, Arizona
2006 Ural Patrol
синий ведро = Dark Blue Bucket
Honor God in all things

JBDix
Comrade
Comrade

Post by JBDix » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:31 pm

I appreciate all help that given to me. Thank you so much. This site has been a great help as I am new to this.
2000 Ural Patrol - 650cc.
Sachs shocks, Denso alternator, pekar k-68 carbs, ducati ignition.

"Your life is yours and your alone. Rise up and live it."

beemerchef
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by beemerchef » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:57 pm

Totally agree with this thread and I believe that I do follow up as others can learn as I have from this too valuable Forum. Wonder what we would be doing without it?
Ara and Spirit
Stay well...
Ara and Spirit
1996 BMW GS 1100 / Ural sidekick
Our 10th Year on the road under the Stars!

Underhill
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by Underhill » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:26 pm

This a common problem. I've been involved in search and rescue at various times. It is frustrating when we get no feed back; was the person, aircraft, or whatever found? Oh, Where? Search called off? Why? SSDD. :cheers:
'08 Patrol Hansel
and other stuff I don't drive much.
I used to be Overkill but theorists broke into my me-mail and things have gotten all iffy now.

Never been tired, never been hungry never been lied to.
Bugrit--millenium hand and shrimp