Sidecar side curtain Sam Allen Benefit!

Got some Russian bikes or parts you want to buy or sell? Advertise your wares here. Individuals only - No dealers in this section please.
Forum rules
This section is for individual forum members to buy, sell, or swap bikes, parts or accessories. Once the item has sold, please edit your post and put "SOLD" in the topic subject title. Dealers and other commercial entities need to post in "The Gray Market" section. All listings must be motorcycle related, preferrably for Urals or Dneprs. No guns, real estate, etc. All items must have an asking price or what you are willing to trade for. No auctions or bids here. If you want to auction an item, put it on eBay and post a link to your item's auction on eBay here.
Rich Maund
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Sidecar side curtain Sam Allen Benefit!

Post by Rich Maund » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:52 pm

Folks. I am OUT of magnets to sew into the rears of the side curtains. Last magnet model was shipped out today to a soon to be Ural owner.

Here's what I have ready to ship.

1. All black. Black boat top canvas on the outside and black marine vinyl on the inside. Eyelets up front to fit 2013 and newer models. $110 shipped priority mail in the USA.

2. Identical to the above.

3. All black marine vinyl inside and out. Eyelets up front to fit 2013 and newer sidecars. $100 shipped in the USA.

The black boat canvas one will look a lot like the factory black nylon tonneau covers. BUT. The black boat canvas will not turn all sorts of weird a$$ colors as it ages like the factory stuff does. Red, gray, purple? Depends on the cheap Chinese fabrics they used. I'm using marine grade materials from an American supplier. More expensive and built to withstand 5 years of outdoor use. So as your rig ages and gets exposed to the sun. My side curtains will hold up much better than your factory tonneau does. That is just the nature of marine grade materials compared to junkier stuff.

Also note. Since I have no more magnets to use, these all have black eyelets at the rear like the factory hardware. I also supply the twist tab base and some SS screws and lock nuts to install them with. You will have to drill two 1/8" holes in the sidecar body to complete the installation. Personally, I have considered this the best way to install a side curtain. But as our population has become more and more helpless in their tool using ability, the magnets were what folks wanted.

I also have the two odd duck curtain in the photo below. They also have eyelets at the rears. Their fronts are unfinished and I can add hardware to fit whichever year Ural you have before shipping them. These are $100 each shipped in the USA.

Pay Pal is preferred. PM me if you want one. Thanks!

Sorry I couldn't put up anything over the weekend. I spent both days helping an old shipmate rebuild some seats for his old 80's speedboat. I pretty much let him use my shop while I enjoyed coffee and coached him through the processes. It was fun, but took up the whole weekend for me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Rich Maund on Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is my step ladder. I never got to know my real ladder.

2003 Royal Enfield 500 Bullet Deluxe
2002 Kawasaki ZR750 Sport

Rich Maund
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Re: Sidecar side curtains ready to ship.

Post by Rich Maund » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:01 pm

Update. Since it mostly the older rigs that would use the urban camo or tan curtains, I finished them with the rectangular grommets up front to fit pre-2013 rigs. The tan curtain got tan leather bits and the urban camo one got black leather bits. I can make another an put eyelets up front if you want. I know from experience that any time I make a educated guess and finish stuff that I "think" folks will want, a day later someone will come along and say "You know, that's exactly what I needed BUT....." So I try to stay flexible. I am down to a dozen or so of the eyelets now and almost out of fabrics as well. Not buying any more materials, so if you want one of these please contact me. Once the stuff is gone from the shop, it is gone.

Rich Maund
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Rich Maund » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:52 pm

All five of these still available. First three will fit 2013 and newer. The urban camo and tan will fit the older rigs.

Rich Maund
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Rich Maund » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:14 pm

Here ya go. Photo below. L to R #1 thru 5. PM me if you'd like one. If you need an all black one (Canvas or the vinyl on both sides) for the old style hacks, I still have enough strap leather do do a few of those too. Remember, no magnets left. Using up my box of eyelet hardware now. You can see in the pic each has its own twist tab hardware in those top eyelets (rear of curtain on your sidecar) Each of those also has a set of SS screws and nyloc nuts for installation. You'll have to drill two 1/8" holes to install that hardware. Thanks for checking them out! I was just glad to have a morning off from the rains and that allowed me to take a outdoor pic!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rich Maund
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Rich Maund » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:02 am

All 5 in the photo are still available folks. It is not difficult to drill the holes. for that rear fastener. You drill them from inside the sidecar body, not from the fender side. I have a text tips sheet I can send as an attachment to you describing in fine detail the technique to do this. Takes about 15 minutes to install if you take your time and do it thoughtfully. PM me if you'd like one!
Thanks!

Rich Maund
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Rich Maund » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:48 am

Still available folks. PM me if interested. Thanks!

ruans187
Comrade
Comrade

Post by ruans187 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:56 pm

Do you guys have a pic of the side curtains in the rig. No idea how it looks.
Thanks

Tomcatfixer
Commissar
Commissar

Post by Tomcatfixer » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:50 pm

These are attached with the modern "common sense" fasteners.

2020-06-21 20.46.44.jpg
2020-06-21 20.48.26.jpg
- Chad

Gordonsville, Virginia, USA

Current rides:
2015 Ural cT "Mobile Chernobyl", 2001 Ural Patrol "Little Red Bear", 1999 Ural Tourist "The RPOC", Mid-Nineties Ural Tourist "The Heap", 1994 Honda VFR750F

Previous rides:
2007 Honda VTR1000 FireStorm (Super Hawk in U.S.)
2001 Buell Blast! - - - - - - - 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
1993 Honda CBR600F2 - -1984 Yamaha FJ1100
Two different 1986 Yamaha FZX700S Fazers

Rich Maund
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Rich Maund » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:43 pm

Thanks Chad! I really enjoyed working on your projects with you!

snowymonkey
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Post by snowymonkey » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:53 am

This is the older style. The faded upper fast we in one of the pics is not from Rich’s product.... it’s part of the original sidecar curtain and was faded when I got the rig (one of these days I’ll get around to fixing it).
218ABB3A-62D6-415D-8FD6-3B191DCD5BA3.jpeg
72EDE59F-FE41-4792-9739-FF972B727E0A.jpeg
“ The music moves me, but it moves me ugly” - Nickoli

2008 Ural Patrol - “Toothless”

Lake City Florida

Rich Maund
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Rich Maund » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:10 pm

snowymonkey wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:53 am
This is the older style. The faded upper fast we in one of the pics is not from Rich’s product.... it’s part of the original sidecar curtain and was faded when I got the rig (one of these days I’ll get around to fixing it).

218ABB3A-62D6-415D-8FD6-3B191DCD5BA3.jpeg72EDE59F-FE41-4792-9739-FF972B727E0A.jpeg
That looks like one of mine from a number of years ago. I recognize the leather on the snap on tabs! There was a time in the late 90's and 2000's when my supplier had a literal room filled with these hides and no one wanted them! He'd picked them up as a bargain at a auction somewhere. They were way too thick to make upholstery out of them and his business was supplying upholsterers. He would sell me a 25-30 sq ft hide for $90 just to get rid of one! I would make big leather tool rolls and tonneau fittings and side curtain fittings and tool pouches out of them and sell them i my business. Eventually his local customers realized what a useful bargain these were and he sold them out around 2005. Today I'd pay Tandy triple that for a similar hide. No way to earn money off it at that price anymore.

That windshield skirt IS factory. They riveted the tab on. Once it dry totted, it was toast. I came up with the idea for the snap on tabs like you see on the curtain. I was very proud of that! Easy to replace.

Rich Maund
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Re: Sidecar side curtains ready to ship. Benefits Sam Allen's Go Fund Me!

Post by Rich Maund » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:15 pm

Rich Maund wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:14 pm
Here ya go. Photo below. L to R #1 thru 5. PM me if you'd like one. If you need an all black one (Canvas or the vinyl on both sides) for the old style hacks, I still have enough strap leather do do a few of those too. Remember, no magnets left. Using up my box of eyelet hardware now. You can see in the pic each has its own twist tab hardware in those top eyelets (rear of curtain on your sidecar) Each of those also has a set of SS screws and nyloc nuts for installation. You'll have to drill two 1/8" holes to install that hardware. Thanks for checking them out! I was just glad to have a morning off from the rains and that allowed me to take a outdoor pic!
Folks. All five of these curtains are still available and if you buy one, the entire $100 will go to Sam's Go Fund me benefit for his family. So buy all 5 and it will add $500 to his fund for his family. As they sell, you see me donating the money after I get it from PP to my own bank account. Unfortunately Pay Pal doesn't work directly on Go Fund me. So it takes a day to transfer and then donate. PM me if you want one. It'll go to a good cause! Thanks!

Rich Maund
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Re: Sidecar side curtain Sam Allen Benefit!

Post by Rich Maund » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:57 am

Geez. Try to help a good cause and more crickets.

How about $80 each for any of the 5 above and that still includes USA shipping. All proceeds to go to the Sam Allen fund. PM me if you want one. Just trying to help here.

zookster

Post by zookster » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:07 pm

Sending you a PM.
2013 Forest Fog Gear Up 2009 Versys 650 2007 DR 650 2002 Moto Guzzi California Stone 2001 Bullet 500

Rich Maund
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Rich Maund » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:57 pm

PM replied. Thank you!

One black canvas curtain for 2013 and newer is now SPF! Other four are still available.