BMW R9T with Ural Tub

Got some Russian bikes or parts you want to buy or sell? Advertise your wares here. Individuals only - No dealers in this section please.
Forum rules
This section is for individual forum members to buy, sell, or swap bikes, parts or accessories. Once the item has sold, please edit your post and put "SOLD" in the topic subject title. Dealers and other commercial entities need to post in "The Gray Market" section. All listings must be motorcycle related, preferrably for Urals or Dneprs. No guns, real estate, etc. All items must have an asking price or what you are willing to trade for. No auctions or bids here. If you want to auction an item, put it on eBay and post a link to your item's auction on eBay here.
bratmanxj
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

BMW R9T with Ural Tub

Post by bratmanxj » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:32 pm

Not mine, just happened across this on the local CL. Touted the 120hp vs 44hp but really how fast do you want to go in a sidecar rig....

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/mcy/ ... 97947.html
1999 Yamaha Royal Star Venture
2007 Ural Tourist - The Big Red Brick
Chinese Knock off Honda Trail 70 rescued from the in-laws shed
1984 Suzuki LT125 Quadrunner - Sold off to a Friend
Boats, Jets Skis and Golf Carts...other fun stuff!

eastbloc

Re: BMW R9T with Ural Tub

Post by eastbloc » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:40 pm

If you plan on spending any time doing highway touring, a rig like this is a good way to get around that can still take the odd fire road without trepidation.

It's not quite "finished" as a build, though. Just getting started. Buy this and soon you'll be trying to figure out how to install automotive tires - that pusher won't last long - reduce the trail, lower the gearing, install a matching sidecar wheel, upgrade the suspension, which is bound to be severely undersprung (maybe excepting the Wilbur's, if it was built to spec). And you still won't have reverse, not to mention 2WD.

I think asking price here is based on what the seller put in rather than what it's worth to most likely buyers.
'14 Gear Up
'02 Patrol
'00 Bavarian Classic

GHGoodwin

Post by GHGoodwin » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:42 pm

Dog help the driveshaft splines.
Hal

2011/12 Tourist - "The Russian"
It's a long list.
2014 Patrol - "Blackbird"

BigJames

Post by BigJames » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:17 am

I would like to know who the professional installed is. Like the dealer you buy a Ural from, makes all the difference in the world.
And, come to think of it, I acquired a new Gear Up in May, the MSRP was not that much and I didn't pay MSRP...one wheel drive a lot less...
Someone is blowing smoke methinks...intriguing rig though.
BigJames
19 Ural Gear Up
11 Ural Retro (108K and counting)
95/79 Bural Sportsman (Myrtle)
88 HD FLHS Watsonian Cambridge (232K and counting)
51 HD Servicar

Claus

Post by Claus » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:39 am

eastbloc wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:40 pm

It's not quite "finished" as a build, though. Just getting started. Buy this and soon you'll be trying to figure out how to install automotive tires - that pusher won't last long - reduce the trail, lower the gearing, install a matching sidecar wheel, upgrade the suspension, which is bound to be severely undersprung (maybe excepting the Wilbur's, if it was built to spec). And you still won't have reverse, not to mention 2WD.

I think asking price here is based on what the seller put in rather than what it's worth to most likely buyers.
+1 !
owned bikes: 93 Ural rig domestic model, 95 Suzuki DR 650 RSE, BMW R100GS, Suzuki GSX1100G rig, BMW R100R rig with Ural sidecar, Ural rig with BMW drivetrain under construction,

arbalest04062
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by arbalest04062 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:14 pm

I rode an R9T with a small Hannigan chair in July. I was on my R90/6-Ural hack at the Northeast European Motorcycle Rally. The fellow with the R9T hack and myself were the only hacks ridden to the rally. He tossed me the keys and said take it for a ride!! He didn't need to tell me twice. WOW. All the power you could ask for. Car tires all around. It was a three wheel sports car. Handled like it was on rails. What a blast.
Once you go hack, you'll never go back.

Claus

Post by Claus » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:57 pm

I can believe what you tell. But that´s a total different rig, with car tires and presumably a good set up talking about suspension and brakes.
My other ride is a Suzuki GSX1100G with leading link fork and car tires all around. Its 27 years old but with it´s 125 hp it´s still a blast (not comparable with the R9T´s modern engine and much heavier) Still capable of 110 mph

owned bikes: 93 Ural rig domestic model, 95 Suzuki DR 650 RSE, BMW R100GS, Suzuki GSX1100G rig, BMW R100R rig with Ural sidecar, Ural rig with BMW drivetrain under construction,