Want to Buy: Plastic Frame Enduro Seat

Got some Russian bikes or parts you want to buy or sell? Advertise your wares here. Individuals only - No dealers in this section please.
Forum rules
This section is for individual forum members to buy, sell, or swap bikes, parts or accessories. Once the item has sold, please edit your post and put "SOLD" in the topic subject title. Dealers and other commercial entities need to post in "The Gray Market" section. All listings must be motorcycle related, preferrably for Urals or Dneprs. No guns, real estate, etc. All items must have an asking price or what you are willing to trade for. No auctions or bids here. If you want to auction an item, put it on eBay and post a link to your item's auction on eBay here.
gembarok
Comrade
Comrade

Want to Buy: Plastic Frame Enduro Seat

Post by gembarok » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:17 pm

Greetings,

Anybody have a trashed Enduro Bench Seat they want some cash for? Just so long as the plastic frame is serviceable. I want to get one reupholstered and will need the plastic pan to do so. I would like to avoid paying $250-$350 for something I am just going to tear up so new or like new isn't necessary. Thanks in advance and feel free to reply or PM me.

S/
K
2019 Ural Gear-Up "GO-B1 K9-B"

2015 Suzuki Boulevard C-90 B.O.S.S. "Kunori Sakura"
2018 Jeep JKU Golden Eagle "Alter Eagle"

jaybird
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov
Location: The foothills of the Forked River Mountains, West Barnegat NJ (Do It In The Pines!) 08005

Re: Want to Buy: Plastic Frame Enduro Seat

Post by jaybird » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:11 pm

A metal seat pan from an older bench seat should also work for what you have planned and may be a bit easier to find. Good luck with your project.

Happy trails,
Jaybird
2005 Gear-Up, Mr. Nat_ural 108,000+ Kilometers and counting
2013 Retro, Black beauty, AKA Lucky "13"
1995 Olive Tourist
1975 Enfield Diesel Bullet
2008 Enfield Bullet 500
1974 BMW R 75/6
Etc.

gembarok
Comrade
Comrade

Post by gembarok » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:23 am

jaybird wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:11 pm
A metal seat pan from an older bench seat should also work for what you have planned and may be a bit easier to find. Good luck with your project.

Happy trails,
Jaybird
Greetings,

Thanks for the reply. I considered the old style metal pans using the "they don't make 'em like they used to" philosophy. I decided against it because I hear stories of them rusting out and I am not certain that the parts are there on the frame of my 2019 to mount them. The metal pans look like they slide into place and then attach by one bolt, where as my seat attaches via three bolts. Thanks for the help.

S/
K

gembarok
Comrade
Comrade

FOUND: Plastic Frame Enduro Seat

Post by gembarok » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:39 pm

Greetings,

Thanks to you folks who read these posts and offer assistance, one has found its way to me. I really appreciate that. This forum has helped me very much. Thanks especially to the seller.

S/
K

BinDerSmokDat
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Post by BinDerSmokDat » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:24 am

See my Road Sofa post in my signature for an amazing seat made by Rich Maund.
The only problem was the metal pan it was built on and my size.
The metal pan has a very pronounced hump in it because it was designed as a 2-Up seat to carry a passenger.
Rich Maund built up the rider portion to get it as level as possible with the passenger portion so I could scoot back to fit my long legs.
This put my butt right over the hump at times.
The metal pan attaches at the front behind the tank and then slides into two brackets that mount at the rear grab bar.
So I was putting my weight in the middle of the span where it was least supported.
Over time the stress and rust caused it to crack at the edges.
I jammed some foam under it to keep it off the fender and road like that a little longer but in the end, I bought the Enduro seat which has a flat plastic pan.
It attaches at the front behind the tank like the metal pan, but has two bolts that go up through the fender at the rear seat mounting hole location to secure the rear.
It also has rubber bumpers that sit on the fender to help support weight.
My rear fender has dents under these bumpers because Ural probably didn't envision a 300lb man getting airborne over long stretches of moguls/whoop-dee-doos.
But at least the seat pan holds up well.

Pro-tip, put anti seize on the rear bolts that go up through the fender.
They thread into metal inserts embedded in the plastic.
If they seize up due to moisture/rust/crud, (and there WILL be moisture and crud) your options are limited because you can't heat up the bolts or be really aggressive in removing them.
Also, mine came with allen head bolts. They are a pain to get at.
I swapped mine out for hex heads, there is plenty of clearance for the hex heads and easier to get a wrench on.

BinDerSmokDat

Post by BinDerSmokDat » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:30 am

Also I want to clarify...the metal seat pan was the ONLY pan available when I ordered my seat in summer of 2010.
The pan failure was in no way Rich Maund's fault.
Russian metallurgy, the fact it was not designed for the purposes I subjected it too and my size were the key issues.

gembarok
Comrade
Comrade

Post by gembarok » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:39 pm

BinDerSmokDat wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:30 am
Also I want to clarify...the metal seat pan was the ONLY pan available when I ordered my seat in summer of 2010.
The pan failure was in no way Rich Maund's fault.
Russian metallurgy, the fact it was not designed for the purposes I subjected it too and my size were the key issues.
Greetings,

Thanks for all of that. Exactly all the reasons I was searching for one. I have consigned with Rich to get me one of dem there Road Sofa's I hear stories about. Just received the plastic pan today and will be shipping it off to Rich tomorrow. I wish I would have done it sooner before I bought one of those $200 w@*ed canvas covers... which by the way will be going up right here after I get my new seat. Sidecar seat, tounneau cover, etc. But really... thanks again for the wise and timely counsel.

S/
K