For sale, "The Predator" yes that right the Predator.

Got some Russian bikes or parts you want to buy or sell? Advertise your wares here. Individuals only - No dealers in this section please.
Forum rules
This section is for individual forum members to buy, sell, or swap bikes, parts or accessories. Once the item has sold, please edit your post and put "SOLD" in the topic subject title. Dealers and other commercial entities need to post in "The Gray Market" section. All listings must be motorcycle related, preferrably for Urals or Dneprs. No guns, real estate, etc. All items must have an asking price or what you are willing to trade for. No auctions or bids here. If you want to auction an item, put it on eBay and post a link to your item's auction on eBay here.
mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

For sale, "The Predator" yes that right the Predator.

Post by mr. cob » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:41 pm

Howdy All,

After a lot of soul searching I have decided to sell the one, the only "Predator". This rig started life as a 2005 Gear Up, that I bought brand new and it has been in a constant state of evolution ever since. I have just rebuilt the engine it is equipped with the new lower compression 825cc pistons and cylinders, this engine has about 125 miles on it. This bike now has the Dual spark plug heads, C5 ignition and flat slide pumper carbs on it. I don't think there is anything stock on this rig except for the tires and wheels. The wheels have been updated to the aluminum type but the rig will come with the original steel wheels which are in VERY good shape.

This rig has so many custom Mr. Cob, built parts I'd have a hard time listing them all but they include a full length Mr. Cob skid plate that extends back and under the transmission, a Mr. Cob super reinforced left side crash bar, and the best twin stick shifter ever built by Mr. Cob using some broken raceway shifter levers, and the only two into one equal lenght header exhaust system that I know on the planet, oh I almost forgot the winch, the winch will work in the front or in the rear. the price for this unique one of a kind Ural as in the photos WITHOUT the chain saw,OR THE DOG, an extremely reasonable price for what your getting $11,000.00 US dollars.

I know that sounds like a lot of money but this is NOT a stock bike, it has a Sergey built transmission, final drive and Segery helped me assemble the engine. The drive train has been up graded as new factory parts became available, for years this bike was THE test mule for the factory improved parts that are now used in production.

This bike has constantly gone where other Urals fear to tread, it has out run every other Ural it has ever been ridden with, I am NOT suggesting in any way that this is a high speed Ural, you ride a Ural, ANY Ural, fast enough long enough you WILL blow it up what I am saying that this Ural will out run any other Ural it has ever come across in a zero to 60mph situation, and it will climb hills like no other it has been ridden with.

There are many folks who have ridden with me in places like Moab that can attest to this being a fact. This bike is dirty, it has dents, it has scratches, the paint job sucks but a spray can of Rustolium Flat Black will make it look like new again until the first mud hole you drive into. Here are some photos, there are hundreds of them on the net.

Dave
Last edited by mr. cob on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Cob

Driver of the "Predator" a highly modified 2005 Gear-Up.

The "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, and the "Kraken" a 2013/14 Gear-Up, have been sold and no longer in my stable.

My Photo galleries, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

jaybird
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov
Location: The foothills of the Forked River Mountains, West Barnegat NJ (Do It In The Pines!) 08005

Re: For sale, "The Predator" yes that right the Predator.

Post by jaybird » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:14 pm

the price for this unique one of a kind Ural as in the photos WITHOUT the chain saw, an extremely reasonable for what your getting $11,000.00 US dollars.
I can understand why you wouldn't want to let that chain saw go, with all the new emission laws, Stihl's just ain't what they used to be.
That dog though, I've had a couple of those dogs (and many others), they kind of grow on you, I'd have a hard time letting it go with the rig.
Great sales incentive, but I don't know if I could follow through with it.
I don't think you're charging enough to cover the dog.
:lol:
GLWS!

Happy trails,
Jaybird
2005 Gear-Up, Mr. Nat_ural 108,000+ Kilometers and counting
2013 Retro, Black beauty, AKA Lucky "13"
1995 Olive Tourist
1975 Enfield Diesel Bullet
2008 Enfield Bullet 500
1974 BMW R 75/6
Etc.

mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by mr. cob » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:45 pm

jaybird wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:14 pm
the price for this unique one of a kind Ural as in the photos WITHOUT the chain saw, an extremely reasonable for what your getting $11,000.00 US dollars.
I can understand why you wouldn't want to let that chain saw go, with all the new emission laws, Stihl's just ain't what they used to be.
That dog though, I've had a couple of those dogs (and many others), they kind of grow on you, I'd have a hard time letting it go with the rig.
Great sales incentive, but I don't know if I could follow through with it.
I don't think you're charging enough to cover the dog.
:lol:
GLWS!

Happy trails,
Jaybird
Howdy Jaybird,

Damn, I better edit the ad, the Dog does NOT go with the rig.

Dave
Mr. Cob

The "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, and the "Kraken" a 2013/14 Gear-Up, have been sold and no longer in my stable.

Manscout
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Post by Manscout » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:15 pm

It sounds like you are heading towards a Uralless future. Is that the case?
"It goes nowhere fast, and everywhere cool".

2011 Ural Patrol
Gillette, Wy
Instagram: manscoutwyo

WEGUNTER
Commissar
Commissar

Post by WEGUNTER » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:28 pm

Good gosh a molly. Never thought I would see this ad. Mr. Cob see you said low compression pistons with dual spark. Know you had a problem burning up those last pistons. Think high compression coupled with dual spark is what did it? +1 on the low compression 825CC piston. There are at least 3-4 people I know of running this set up and they have not blown up yet. i also suspect Van has a EFI 825cc that will scream down the road at a zillion miles an hour. You mentioned final drive upgrade???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Are you saying there are herzog gears in there somewhere???????

mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by mr. cob » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:50 pm

Manscout wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:15 pm
It sounds like you are heading towards a Uralless future. Is that the case?
Howdy Manscout

I would like to sell the fueli Gear Up, and the Predator I will keep the 2008 Gear Up, that I rode all around the country in the summer of 08

Dave
Last edited by mr. cob on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Cob

mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by mr. cob » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:01 pm

WEGUNTER wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:28 pm
Good gosh a molly. Never thought I would see this ad. Mr. Cob see you said low compression pistons with dual spark. Know you had a problem burning up those last pistons. Think high compression coupled with dual spark is what did it? +1 on the low compression 825CC piston. There are at least 3-4 people I know of running this set up and they have not blown up yet. i also suspect Van has a EFI 825cc that will scream down the road at a zillion miles an hour. You mentioned final drive upgrade???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Are you saying there are herzog gears in there somewhere???????
Howdy Bill

I think it was the high compression pistons AND ignition timing I retarded the timing from where I was told to set it and all is well the dual plug heads really work well even with a stock engine

I have the ONLY Ural final drive with Herzog gears in it I won’t be selling it there are no replacement gears so it’s kind of priceless item

The final drive now in the rig was built by Sergey using all the latest parts

Dave
Mr. Cob

WEGUNTER
Commissar
Commissar

Post by WEGUNTER » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:45 pm

Incredible deal for someone looking for a screamer. This rig has been in all 50 states. The 825cc set up seems to be passing some critical tests. No reports of anyone blowing a rig up yet. Cob I wish you well. Hope you are staying in the Ural community.

mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by mr. cob » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:55 pm

WEGUNTER wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:45 pm
Incredible deal for someone looking for a screamer. This rig has been in all 50 states. The 825cc set up seems to be passing some critical tests. No reports of anyone blowing a rig up yet. Cob I wish you well. Hope you are staying in the Ural community.
Howdy Bill,

I am keeping the 2008 Ural that I rode all around the country, its in perfect shape, has a fresh Sergey built engine, the transmission and final drive were all gone through after the circumnavigation of the USA, the bike really hasn't been ridden much since then so it should last for a long time. I have accumulated enough spare parts over the years to keep it going for a long time even if something did decide to blow up. Now that I have added the CAN AM rock crawler to my stable I just don't have any use for the Predator anymore. I put my heart and almost soul into building that rig into what it is, probably the ugliest bad arsed rig around. Who ever buys it will not be disappointed as they are NOT buying a pretty garage queen they are buying nasty arsed Ural that is capable of doing things regular Ural's only dream about.

Dave
Mr. Cob

Peter Pan

Post by Peter Pan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:52 pm

hmmmm Dave,
...December 2017.....Buddy Rick, whom you talked into Ural, would have loved that Predetor.
Anyway, he now appreciates your advice and the grandkids screaming louder then Patrol engine confirm "the right decision, going Ural"
Best wishes
Sven from CR
Sophie Travelair = Patrol 2013
8 weeks 12.000km Oregon-Alaska-Oregon
With a DIY foam air filter the rig runs well even in tropical rain = :moto:
Final drives: 1. at 5000km, 2. at 34.000km(+friction plates) 3. at 42.386km
transmission: 1. 40.000km. 2. installed
Engine: 1. 43.388km crank replacement: Back on the road since 23.Okt.2019 :party:

The Avatar are 2 rice grains stating life's essence:
"The most important you cannot see!"
=> Attitude makes the difference!

xpatriot

Post by xpatriot » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:46 am

mr. cob wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:55 pm
Who ever buys it will not be disappointed as they are NOT buying a pretty garage queen they are buying nasty arsed Ural that is capable of doing things regular Ural's only dream about.
I think what you meant to say is 'that it is capable of doing things most regular Ural's have NIGHTMARES about'.
2001 Patrol with ‘03 Wolf motor “The Beast of the East”

S 854
Commissar
Commissar

Post by S 854 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:46 pm

The Predator playing in the sandbox in Moab...
'07 Arctic: The Russian Raucous Ship

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out...

bakerchp18
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by bakerchp18 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:49 am

Bump for the Most Bad Azz Ural on the planet. Hope you get this sold Dave. Good luck with the sale.
2010 Gear Up - " LAIKA " (SOLD)
2012 Yamal (SOLD)
2009 Sahara LE

siberman1

Post by siberman1 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:18 pm

Well Dave, the new Rock Crawler is certainly impressive.

However, there won't be any othe Rock Crawlers out there for company. Or if there is one, it will be few and far between.

No Ural can do what your new machine can do. As a matter of fact, very few machines can match it in any way.

It may mean a lot of lonely solo (not counting passenger) times in it. Whatever, it's your ride.

YMMV
Sent from my laptop using OEM fingers, ordinary Mouse, and LCD-screen
2014 полынь зеленый гU
Сибирь Экспресс #2

Zero payments

mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by mr. cob » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:43 pm

siberman1 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:18 pm
Well Dave, the new Rock Crawler is certainly impressive.

However, there won't be any othe Rock Crawlers out there for company. Or if there is one, it will be few and far between.

No Ural can do what your new machine can do. As a matter of fact, very few machines can match it in any way.

It may mean a lot of lonely solo (not counting passenger) times in it. Whatever, it's your ride.

YMMV
Howdy Marv,

There is a HUGE amount of people who use machines like my new toy, places like Moab are crawling with them, the desert southwest has MANY events where like minded folks gather to play and States enlightened like Idaho, Montana, Utah, Nevada and Arizona have the common sense to allow this type of rig on most secondary roads even the Peoples Republik of Washington, is starting to allow them on limited roads.

So doing solo, lonely rides is something I don't need to worry about, just have to join into events that are already happening or will happen, I have joined an internet forum dedicated to this particular brand and type of vehicle so I am already getting to know a new group of folks who enjoy driving rigs like my new toy.

Years ago folks were interested in riding Ural's in places like Death Valley, I really enjoyed doing that, then the interest faded especially after people started to get hurt attempting things they didn't have the skill to do or that their rigs wern't setup to do. When the interest in getting together to ride in nasty places fell off, when my great friend DaveO, became sick and later died from cancer, when my long time riding partner Dangerous Don, due to medical problems could no longer do the hard rides I just kinda lost interest in doing the hard rides alone as it simply wasn't a very smart or safe thing to do. I have been putting up posts the last couple of years trying to find new folks to ride with but have had no luck in doing so, its time to move on.

Donna, my wife will be retiring in December of 2018 so I wanted to buy something that could take us in relative comfort to many of the places I had taken the Ural and to places the Ural no matter how heavily modified the Ural could never go, thus the CAN AM, Rock Crawler was added to my toy box.

I have taken the Ural platform about as far as my skill, knowledge and finances can take it. IMWA is now a well established company that is known everywhere, they are now in TV commercials, they are in nearly every bike magazine being sold, me and my exploits are no longer of any value to IMWA so I don't receive any support like I used to back when nobody knew what a Ural was, its time to move on to another chapter in my motorized life.

That said, I will be keeping the 2008 Ural that I rode all around the country in the summer of 2008, that is a ride that no one yet has surpassed and was one of the things that put Ural on the map and greatly influenced the sale of its products.

Dave
Mr. Cob