ISO Ural Solo

Got some Russian bikes or parts you want to buy or sell? Advertise your wares here. Individuals only - No dealers in this section please.
Forum rules
This section is for individual forum members to buy, sell, or swap bikes, parts or accessories. Once the item has sold, please edit your post and put "SOLD" in the topic subject title. Dealers and other commercial entities need to post in "The Gray Market" section. All listings must be motorcycle related, preferrably for Urals or Dneprs. No guns, real estate, etc. All items must have an asking price or what you are willing to trade for. No auctions or bids here. If you want to auction an item, put it on eBay and post a link to your item's auction on eBay here.
Mecklin21

ISO Ural Solo

Post by Mecklin21 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:49 pm

Hello,

I am looking for a carbureted Ural Solo. I am in the Los Angeles area and have a budget of around $4000. Is there anything available on the west coast one might be willing to sell to me? I have seen Solos with asking prices from $3000-$7000 but also see plenty of rigs in that price range as well, so I am hoping to be much closer to my budget. A 750 is preferred, but a 650 is a possibility. I do not have the space for a side car just yet and hope to have some adventures with the Solo in the meantime and perhaps someday put a hack on.

Thank you very much.
Bikes owned

1972 Yamaha DS7 (Tracer) SOLD

Looking for a Ural Solo

Eric N
Comrade General
Comrade General

Re: ISO Ural Solo

Post by Eric N » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:21 pm

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcd ... 68421.html

Ural Solo could mean a couple different things.

The dedicated solos, bikes that came from the factory as a solo, might not have any of the mounting points welded to the frame (mine doesn't have any). If you plan to add a sidecar in the future, those dedicated solo's would require a fair amount of fabrication.

A bike that once had a sidecar but now does not, is slightly different in design/ features. Mounting points, front forks, final drive, tend to be different for the sidecar rigs.
2018 Gear Up
2013 Retro Solo
2001 Patrol - Sold

Mecklin21

Post by Mecklin21 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:25 am

Thank you for the info. I guess if the time comes I can see if it would be worth the added fabrication or just finding another rig. Either way I cannot have the sidecar now but am still interested in getting a Ural that does not have the sidecar. I called that place earlier today, before posting on the forum, and they have already sold it. Thank you for sharing though.
Bikes owned

Looking for a Ural Solo

Waffl6
Party Member
Party Member

Post by Waffl6 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:10 am

Mecklin21 wrote:Thank you for the info. I guess if the time comes I can see if it would be worth the added fabrication or just finding another rig. Either way I cannot have the sidecar now but am still interested in getting a Ural that does not have the sidecar. I called that place earlier today, before posting on the forum, and they have already sold it. Thank you for sharing though.
Another user here is also looking in the West Coast area for a solo. He's called on that specific one several times, even offered cash in hand that day. They declined.

It's "sold" but last I heard the buyer still had not come to collect. A shame because that bike needs to get out of the freakin' showroom already.

Keep an eye out here for new posts and use Searchtempest.com to search Craigslist ads within a specified area. I personally look at the listings for the entire country.

Unfortunately not many solos have been showing up in the last couple months, and when they do they want too much which is why you've seen the prices vary so widely...

I usually post anything that I find interesting to this section of the forum, and if I see any solos they will be posted here for sure.
Probably the youngest guy in the room.

Current bikes: 1987 Rebel 250, 1990 Ninja 500, 2009 Honda Shadow 750

Past bikes: 1994 Katana 600

Fairfax Virginia

Mecklin21

Post by Mecklin21 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:27 am

Thank you very much. I will continue to look at the forum to see what comes up. That is a shame with the one at Wheels in Motion. Strange that someone offered cash in hand and they did not take the money. I had seen it on CL and was interested, but was still awaiting my 72 Yamaha to sell. Of course now that it is gone the Solo is gone.

I will update the forum if I purchase one, so that it is known that I have found one.

Thank you Waffl6
Bikes owned

Looking for a Ural Solo

Waffl6
Party Member
Party Member

Post by Waffl6 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:21 am

Mecklin21 wrote:Thank you very much. I will continue to look at the forum to see what comes up. That is a shame with the one at Wheels in Motion. Strange that someone offered cash in hand and they did not take the money. I had seen it on CL and was interested, but was still awaiting my 72 Yamaha to sell. Of course now that it is gone the Solo is gone.

I will update the forum if I purchase one, so that it is known that I have found one.

Thank you Waffl6
:thumbsup:

I have no idea why they didn't take Nate up on that offer. I hope the other guy came and collected it though. If not, it's still sitting there...
Probably the youngest guy in the room.

Current bikes: 1987 Rebel 250, 1990 Ninja 500, 2009 Honda Shadow 750

Past bikes: 1994 Katana 600

Fairfax Virginia

merman
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018

Post by merman » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:22 pm

Hi there
I have a very nice 2010 Solo st all the farkels and well sorted. PM me for photos and $
Cheers
If it floats, flirts or flies...I want to ride on it. Live it like today is the last day; someday it will be.
2006 Patrol
2007 Patrol
2007 Gear-Up
2012 Gear-Up
and 13 + other motorcycle/scooters