Wanted Keihin Carb

Got some Russian bikes or parts you want to buy or sell? Advertise your wares here. Individuals only - No dealers in this section please.
Forum rules
This section is for individual forum members to buy, sell, or swap bikes, parts or accessories. Once the item has sold, please edit your post and put "SOLD" in the topic subject title. Dealers and other commercial entities need to post in "The Gray Market" section. All listings must be motorcycle related, preferrably for Urals or Dneprs. No guns, real estate, etc. All items must have an asking price or what you are willing to trade for. No auctions or bids here. If you want to auction an item, put it on eBay and post a link to your item's auction on eBay here.
mouka
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Wanted Keihin Carb

Post by mouka » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:12 pm

I am looking for a used, or new, carb, or pair of carbs, for my 2003 Ural Tourist. it came with Keihin carbs.
Let me know what you have and what you want for it and we'll take it from there.

Thanks
2005 Honda Sabre 1100
2003 Ural Tourist
1998 Honda Aero 1100

scottolds
Comrade General
Comrade General

Re: Wanted Keihin Carb

Post by scottolds » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:48 am

Are yours damaged somehow?

When I got mine, I had to replace one carb body because the mixture needle was seized due to salt exposure.

Got lucky and found just the body at Holopaw Ural.
2009 KLR650
1987 Honda VF700C Super Magna
2011 Ural Gear-UP - отвлекающий маневр
1994 Kawasaki Voyager XII
http://www.rokkitrider.com

Snakeoil
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Snakeoil » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:29 pm

I would think that any CVK 32 would work and you would just need to properly jet it. They were used on a number of ATVs as well as late model Triumph. Check fleabay.
Regards,
Rob
Proud member of the Peanut Gallery
2000 Ural Tourist
40 Pilots, 122 Mains
Before you say something stupid, always ask yourself, "What would Harpo say?".

mouka
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by mouka » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:55 am

I just need the body of the carb. I accidentally messed a stuck screw and broke a little piece off the top of the carb.
2005 Honda Sabre 1100
2003 Ural Tourist
1998 Honda Aero 1100

Brian Crean
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Brian Crean » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:02 am

If nobody has it here, try E- bay motors, and if still no dice, google "Keihin carb for sale" . Keep seeking, Grasshopper, and you shall find.

nbsdave
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by nbsdave » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:18 am

Snakeoil wrote:I would think that any CVK 32 would work and you would just need to properly jet it. They were used on a number of ATVs as well as late model Triumph. Check fleabay.

many many variations of the cvk 32-very few are the same
different slides, different tops
hard to find for a Ural
try this place, they have one that was used by JBM to make the diaphragms he sells for Ural carbs
http://mikesurals.com/
keep your word, no excuses
Ural-it's not just another motorcycle!
2011 Ural T, now only a memory

mouka
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by mouka » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:55 pm

Bumping the post. I definitely need at least one carb.
I just need the body of the carb. I have everything else.
If you have what I am looking for and do not want a huge amount of money, please let me know.

Thanks
2005 Honda Sabre 1100
2003 Ural Tourist
1998 Honda Aero 1100

INSUBORDINATOR
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by INSUBORDINATOR » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:37 am

If I could afford it, I'd have put on a Pay & Play set of Mikuni's, IMO much better performing, responsive Carbs.
Current Motorcycles: Improved 2002 Ural Tourist.

"Be who you are & say what you feel. Those that matter won't mind, those that mind - don't matter."

mouka
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by mouka » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:20 am

INSUBORDINATOR wrote:If I could afford it, I'd have put on a Pay & Play set of Mikuni's, IMO much better performing, responsive Carbs.
Which Mikunis do you have in mind?
2005 Honda Sabre 1100
2003 Ural Tourist
1998 Honda Aero 1100

INSUBORDINATOR
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by INSUBORDINATOR » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:59 am

mouka wrote:
INSUBORDINATOR wrote:If I could afford it, I'd have put on a Pay & Play set of Mikuni's, IMO much better performing, responsive Carbs.
I would have to call the MIKUNI DISTRIBUTER (SUDCO) to see what they recommend, giving them the diameter of the existing mounting flanges etc. Probably a ROUND SLIDE VM-32mm. Would also need the correct 1 into 2 split cables. Since I'm in "wishland" here, I'd also like a Gear drive throttle like the old BMW's. Thinking SUDCO probably gets more requests for the BMW set up they might be more able to supply the BMW cable setup for the 32mm VM's, SO, I'd have to buy an old BMW Throttle/switch cluster, which I'd prefer. That way I could mount a spring loaded interrupter kill Button instead of a switch - which I prefer. I have done the above on various machines over the years.

BUT, I can't afford to do any of that now, being a retired peasant.
Current Motorcycles: Improved 2002 Ural Tourist.

"Be who you are & say what you feel. Those that matter won't mind, those that mind - don't matter."

TerryG
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by TerryG » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:17 pm

INSUBORDINATOR wrote:
mouka wrote:
I would have to call the MIKUNI DISTRIBUTER (SUDCO) to see what they recommend, giving them the diameter of the existing mounting flanges etc. Probably a ROUND SLIDE VM-32mm. Would also need the correct 1 into 2 split cables. Since I'm in "wishland" here, I'd also like a Gear drive throttle like the old BMW's. Thinking SUDCO probably gets more requests for the BMW set up they might be more able to supply the BMW cable setup for the 32mm VM's, SO, I'd have to buy an old BMW Throttle/switch cluster, which I'd prefer. That way I could mount a spring loaded interrupter kill Button instead of a switch - which I prefer. I have done the above on various machines over the years.

BUT, I can't afford to do any of that now, being a retired peasant.
I didn't want to open this can of worms, but I almost recommended Mikunis too. There is an issue with intake boots in that the ones for 32mm carbs have a wider bolt spacing that 30mm-28mm intake boots, and the stock boots are too small for 32mm Mikunis. I own all of these parts and have checked this out some time ago - so beware of my memory. The 28mm will fit fine and Holopaw has compliance fittings that will work. 28mm would be servicable on an early 750, since the 32mm CVKs have a flow obstruction at the butterfly which lowers their flow and churns it up a bit. Any size round-slide Mikuni is going to be a more pleasant running carb than the CVKs.
Terry

2011 Retro
2000 Bavarian Classic (Gone but never forgotten)

markhas
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by markhas » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Check out Hubert kriegal (thetimelessride.com) extensive testing of Mikuni carbs and why he abandon the idea because of their failure.
markhas
AMA member
ABATE Wisconsin
06' Tourist 41167/over 75,000Km, 91" 750 Honda Nighthawk sold to my buddy Ernie, we keep in touch.

TerryG
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by TerryG » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:55 pm

markhas wrote:
Check out Hubert kriegal (thetimelessride.com) extensive testing of Mikuni carbs and why he abandon the idea because of their failure.
He abandon the 32mm ones because he could not get them tuned - because they were too big and flowed too much for a Ural. That is why Ural chose 28mm Mikunis (and used 28mm Pekars too) for the 650 models, and later replaced them with 32mm CVKs. In general a 4mm size difference will yield the same performance level between a CVK and a round slide Mikuni due to the flow restrictions of the CVK carbs. The only exception I know of is the 70s Suzuki 750 2-stroke Water Buffalo which went from 32mm round slides to 40mm CVs, but they also increased the porting a lot.
Terry

2011 Retro
2000 Bavarian Classic (Gone but never forgotten)

mouka
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by mouka » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:29 pm

Bump: Still on the market for carbs.
2005 Honda Sabre 1100
2003 Ural Tourist
1998 Honda Aero 1100

gobium
Order of Victory
Order of Victory