Denver Craigslist - 1998.5 Sportsman? $4,200

Got some Russian bikes or parts you want to buy or sell? Advertise your wares here. Individuals only - No dealers in this section please.
Forum rules
This section is for individual forum members to buy, sell, or swap bikes, parts or accessories. Once the item has sold, please edit your post and put "SOLD" in the topic subject title. Dealers and other commercial entities need to post in "The Gray Market" section. All listings must be motorcycle related, preferrably for Urals or Dneprs. No guns, real estate, etc. All items must have an asking price or what you are willing to trade for. No auctions or bids here. If you want to auction an item, put it on eBay and post a link to your item's auction on eBay here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Eric N
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin
Posts: 1098
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:26 pm
Location: Westminster, Colorado

Denver Craigslist - 1998.5 Sportsman? $4,200

Post by Eric N » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:34 pm

2018 Gear Up
2013 Retro Solo
2001 Patrol - Sold

User avatar
chaos2
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov
Posts: 4962
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:58 am
Location: sw ohio

Re: Denver Craigslist - 1998.5 Sportsman? $4,200

Post by chaos2 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:00 pm

"No known issues". He must not have tried to find parts for it :lol: Looks nice but I wouldn't spend that for a 20yr old Ural
past afflictions include limey motocars and bikes, R60/2, R65ls, and a Citroen.
Now an 87 K75s, DB Haanjo gravel bike, and a rusty 2012 GU bought new
dual K&N cones on homemade intake, 40/137.5
Raceway needles, Modtop exhaust
$29 VW Hydraulic steering dampener

User avatar
Eric N
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin
Posts: 1098
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:26 pm
Location: Westminster, Colorado

Re: Denver Craigslist - 1998.5 Sportsman? $4,200

Post by Eric N » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:04 am

chaos2 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:00 pm
"No known issues". He must not have tried to find parts for it :lol: Looks nice but I wouldn't spend that for a 20yr old Ural
I'm always puzzled by the need some feel to attack others ads. Does it make you feel powerful? Does it help compensate for something?

I understand your financial situation is such you can't afford the bike. Can you help me understand why you believe your personal financial issues are relevant to the seller?

Except for the less common final drive which could be converted to a newer style, what parts do you believe are really that hard to find? Russian Garage, eBay, even Terry and Gene can keep a 650 running with minimal effort.

Guess I'm just confused overall by your post.
2018 Gear Up
2013 Retro Solo
2001 Patrol - Sold

URALNUT60
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:59 pm

Re: Denver Craigslist - 1998.5 Sportsman? $4,200

Post by URALNUT60 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:34 am

Nice, I have a 97 sportsman, I would swap out ignition for ducati or other aftermarket ignition, keep close eye on alt, if elec gremlins persist, Denso time, both these upgrades are game changers!!! 1k for both! Quality builds on 90 machines are a crap shoot! If limited riding is your intention just ride it, if you are serious about riding it upgrades and close inspection of torn down motor is inline, just rebuilt mine, motor parts abundant, final drive not so much

User avatar
Tomcatfixer
Commissar
Commissar
Posts: 7160
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:10 am
Location: Gordonsville, VA

Re: Denver Craigslist - 1998.5 Sportsman? $4,200

Post by Tomcatfixer » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:30 am

Looks pretty clean, has Sportster mufflers on it, a good knobby spare tire, and it's got the somewhat rare final drive. If I was in the market and it ran fine, I'd probably offer up $3,800 - $4,000 for it.
- Chad

Gordonsville, Virginia, USA

Current rides:
2015 Ural cT "Mobile Chernobyl", 2001 Ural Patrol "The Patrol", 1999 Ural Tourist "The RPOC", 1994 Honda VFR750F

Previous rides:
2007 Honda VTR1000 FireStorm (Super Hawk in U.S.)
2001 Buell Blast! - - - - - - - 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
1993 Honda CBR600F2 - -1984 Yamaha FJ1100
Two different 1986 Yamaha FZX700S Fazers

User avatar
lendrinkard
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Posts: 1120
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:05 pm
Location: Peninsula, Ohio

Re: Denver Craigslist - 1998.5 Sportsman? $4,200

Post by lendrinkard » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:57 am

Eric N wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:04 am
chaos2 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:00 pm
"No known issues". He must not have tried to find parts for it :lol: Looks nice but I wouldn't spend that for a 20yr old Ural
I'm always puzzled by the need some feel to attack others ads. Does it make you feel powerful? Does it help compensate for something?

I understand your financial situation is such you can't afford the bike. Can you help me understand why you believe your personal financial issues are relevant to the seller?

Except for the less common final drive which could be converted to a newer style, what parts do you believe are really that hard to find? Russian Garage, eBay, even Terry and Gene can keep a 650 running with minimal effort.

Guess I'm just confused overall by your post.
What? Chaos2 can't have an opinion?
2012 Gear up
130/40 jet, 3 shims, no mid-pipe, drilled slider, 2013 Branch pipes, all LED lights

User avatar
El queso
Party Member
Party Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 6:38 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Denver Craigslist - 1998.5 Sportsman? $4,200

Post by El queso » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:17 pm

Eric N wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:04 am
I'm always puzzled by the need some feel to attack others ads. Does it make you feel powerful? Does it help compensate for something?
I would have called it humorous commentary, not an a attack. Regardless, it's the internet and no harm was done... :D
2013 Patrol T & 2 dogs

User avatar
Desantnik-VDV
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Denver Craigslist - 1998.5 Sportsman? $4,200

Post by Desantnik-VDV » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:57 pm

Nice rig. Can be converted to a single WD as well.

Edit: Don't let it become Teri's post years ago on the other forum... "98 Deco for sale..."
Alex

The rest is just a History:

1998 Honda f6 GL 1500 Valkyrie Tourer /Champion Escort sidecar
1999 Ural Deco Classic/BMW R100 engine
1980 BMW R100RT (2nd Heart Donor for 1999 Deco for more HP)
1983 BMW R80/7 (1st Heart Donor for 1999 Deco)
2002 Ural Barberian Classic
2003 Honda Shadow ACE
1999 Ural BC (went to US circus in Tokyo to adapt a bear driver)

eastbloc
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:46 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contact:

Re: Denver Craigslist - 1998.5 Sportsman? $4,200

Post by eastbloc » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:37 pm

Eric N wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:04 am
I understand your financial situation is such you can't afford the bike. Can you help me understand why you believe your personal financial issues are relevant to the seller?
:shock: :cry:
'14 Gear Up
'02 Patrol
'00 Bavarian Classic

User avatar
ReCycled
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Posts: 2299
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:10 am
Location: Broomall, PA

Re: Denver Craigslist - 1998.5 Sportsman? $4,200

Post by ReCycled » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:08 am

I think there is a clear distinction in proper etiquette in a member's classified and an unaffiliated link to Craigs List.

IMHO, unsolicited opinions of price are not cool on a member's rig but perfectly welcome on a CL ad, possibly assisting newbies on the hunt for their first Ural.I

That being said, I have long thought the value of a decent looking, running, titled, complete, 2wd rig is worth at least $3500.
David B.
'07 Ural Twourist

User avatar
chaos2
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov
Posts: 4962
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:58 am
Location: sw ohio

Re: Denver Craigslist - 1998.5 Sportsman? $4,200

Post by chaos2 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:27 am

Eric N wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:04 am


I'm always puzzled by the need some feel to attack others ads.
probably the same reasons someone feels the need to criticize someone for merely stating an opinion. :lol: Lighten up!
past afflictions include limey motocars and bikes, R60/2, R65ls, and a Citroen.
Now an 87 K75s, DB Haanjo gravel bike, and a rusty 2012 GU bought new
dual K&N cones on homemade intake, 40/137.5
Raceway needles, Modtop exhaust
$29 VW Hydraulic steering dampener

User avatar
VWK75S
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Posts: 4715
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:25 am
Location: Sebago Lake Maine

Re: Denver Craigslist - 1998.5 Sportsman? $4,200

Post by VWK75S » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:20 am

My take on used older Urals it's the selling price + $1K of surprises. :feelsgood:
John
The Ural's made Maine a much bigger state.

2009 GearUp 145,000kms
2007 Retro 25,000kms
1991 VWK75S 110,000miles

gobium
Order of Victory
Order of Victory
Posts: 15649
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: Denver Craigslist - 1998.5 Sportsman? $4,200

Post by gobium » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:49 am

chaos2 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:27 am
Eric N wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:04 am


I'm always puzzled by the need some feel to attack others ads.
probably the same reasons someone feels the need to criticize someone for merely stating an opinion. :lol: Lighten up!
I have thin skin and very sensitive Asian man.
I sold a few ural but scare to list in SS market.
I was going to ask $10,999 for my Baja!

User avatar
jaybird
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov
Posts: 2521
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:41 am
Location: The foothills of the Forked River Mountains, West Barnegat NJ (Do It In The Pines!) 08005

Re: Denver Craigslist - 1998.5 Sportsman? $4,200

Post by jaybird » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:09 am

gobium wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:49 am
chaos2 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:27 am
Eric N wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:04 am


I'm always puzzled by the need some feel to attack others ads.
probably the same reasons someone feels the need to criticize someone for merely stating an opinion. :lol: Lighten up!
I have thin skin and very sensitive Asian man.
I sold a few ural but scare to list in SS market.
I was going to ask $10,999 for my Baja!
At least you can honestly say that thing has never been beat on, and barely been dirty, a true showpiece :lol:

Happy trails,
Jaybird
2005 Gear-Up, Mr. Nat_ural 108,000+ Kilometers and counting
2013 Retro, Black beauty, AKA Lucky "13"
1995 Olive Tourist
1975 Enfield Diesel Bullet
2008 Enfield Bullet 500
1974 BMW R 75/6
Etc.

Post Reply