1998 Ural Part-out - NC - Clean title

Got some Russian bikes or parts you want to buy or sell? Advertise your wares here. Individuals only - No dealers in this section please.
Forum rules
This section is for individual forum members to buy, sell, or swap bikes, parts or accessories. Once the item has sold, please edit your post and put "SOLD" in the topic subject title. Dealers and other commercial entities need to post in "The Gray Market" section. All listings must be motorcycle related, preferrably for Urals or Dneprs. No guns, real estate, etc. All items must have an asking price or what you are willing to trade for. No auctions or bids here. If you want to auction an item, put it on eBay and post a link to your item's auction on eBay here.
Bull Gear

1998 Ural Part-out - NC - Clean title

Post by Bull Gear » Thu May 10, 2018 9:46 am

Greetings all. I am parting out my beloved '98 Bavarian Classic. I sold it to a fella that somehow managed to catch it on fire soon after purchasing it... burnt some of the wiring harness, gas tank, seat, etc. I bought it back for the sidecar so everything that's left is up for grabs:
- Motor - 650cc. Ran great. About 7kkm on it. There was some moisture and minor pitting in the right cylinder so I would put rings in it at the very least. I also have another parts motor with no crankshaft.
- Mikuni Carbs - will need rebuild.
- Denso Alternator with adapter - electronics likely toasted but probably rebuildable.
- Clutch/Transmission
- Final Drive (1wd)
- Frame with CLEAN TITLE
- Forks (slider type)
- Wheels
- Luggage/Spare Tire Rack
- Seat pan - 2-up style, bent and rusted but could be used as basis for a custom seat.
- Exhaust System - Dual muffler, chrome on mufflers OK but head pipes are a little rusty
Located near Charlotte, NC.
Best to contact me via phone/text as I may not remember to come back around.
Tony'
Last edited by Bull Gear on Wed May 16, 2018 11:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Lemonysword
Party Member
Party Member

Re: 1998 Ural Part-out - NC - Clean title

Post by Lemonysword » Fri May 11, 2018 2:30 am

Does it have a leading link front drum brake hub? I’d be interested if it does so I can convert my 2006 to drums all around

Stevel Knievel
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Stevel Knievel » Sat May 12, 2018 9:15 pm

How much for the running motor?

Bull Gear

Post by Bull Gear » Wed May 16, 2018 10:03 am

Edited:
- mileage is 7kkm
- single wheel drive
- Denso alternator

To answer questions:
- Forks are telescopic.
- Right head is currently removed but I could make a running motor if that's what you want.

darkhorse
Party Member
Party Member

Re: SOLD - 1998 Ural Part-out - NC - Clean title

Post by darkhorse » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:47 pm

I was interested in buying this. The seller let me know it has been sold.
2001 Ural Deco Classic
PowerArc Ignition

When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

tiny
Comrade
Comrade

Post by tiny » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:37 am

Lemonysword wrote:Does it have a leading link front drum brake hub? I’d be interested if it does so I can convert my 2006 to drums all around
I understand trying to make these bikes look older than what they really are but there is only one reason that I would ever consider taking off disc brakes from the front and that's so all 4 rims or the same.
But I would probably still not trade it for the disc brakes I know these bikes aren't fast , but stopping as fast as possible is definitely worth all of the issues you might come across with that one Rim being different, fixing a leaky tube alongside the road really isn't that big of a deal. Not to hijack this thread but I totally wiped out a wheel bearing in one of my back rim and decided to change the front bearings also when I pulled the bearings in the front rim I look and there was the splines for the final drive or axle on the two-wheel models? I thought it was weird because that Rim is totally different looking then the back ones!? Oh yeah on the bearing themselves the front ones we're actually still in good shape the rear mistake More punishment from sliding side to side in the front gifts less abuse
2009 gear up
Cardington,Ohio
I'm rushing ,I'm Roman, but I'm not in any hurry
everything in life comes and goes but time only goes it's the only thing we don't get any more of
"unless you get busted"how many lawless does a "free" country need anyway

Tomcatfixer
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018

Post by Tomcatfixer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:58 am

when I pulled the bearings in the front rim I look and there was the splines for the final drive or axle on the two-wheel models?
That's curious. On my cT, all three hubs are identical, because cT's run 18" wheels with small hubs. 2WD models with 19" wheels don't have a small hub on the pusher because the extra spoke length can't handle as much loading as the shorter spokes with the large hub can. I would argue that your front hub has splines because it was also used on an 18" pusher that year, but the Retro, to my knowledge, the only Ural in the 2009 lineup with 18" wheels (I think the Tourist and T both used 19" rims), uses a large hub in the pusher wheel. Interesting discovery.
2018-06-25 04.45.37.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Chad

Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA

Current rides:
2015 Ural cT "Mobile Chernobyl", 1999 Ural Tourist "Desert DisGrace: the Iron (Oxide) Curtain", 1994 Honda VFR750F, 1986 Yamaha FZX700S Fazer

Previous rides:
2007 Honda VTR1000 FireStorm (Super Hawk in U.S.)
2001 Buell Blast! - - - - - - - 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
1993 Honda CBR600F2 - -1984 Yamaha FJ1100
1986 Yamaha FZX700S (a different one than above)

jaybird
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin
Location: The foothills of the Forked River Mountains, West Barnegat NJ (Do It In The Pines!) 08005

Post by jaybird » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:16 am

The 19" front disc brake wheel on my 2005 Gear Up, and the spare front wheel I bought from another 2005 GU, both have drive splines.
IIRC, so does the 18" wheel on the front of my 2013 Retro.

Happy trails,
Jaybird
2005 Gear-Up, Mr. Nat_ural 108,000+ Kilometers and counting
2013 Retro, Black beauty, AKA Lucky "13"
1995 Olive Tourist
1975 Enfield Diesel Bullet
2008 Enfield Bullet 500
1974 BMW R 75/6
Etc.