Want to Buy: 650cc crank shaft and fuel tank

Got some Russian bikes or parts you want to buy or sell? Advertise your wares here. Individuals only - No dealers in this section please.
Forum rules
This section is for individual forum members to buy, sell, or swap bikes, parts or accessories. Once the item has sold, please edit your post and put "SOLD" in the topic subject title. Dealers and other commercial entities need to post in "The Gray Market" section. All listings must be motorcycle related, preferrably for Urals or Dneprs. No guns, real estate, etc. All items must have an asking price or what you are willing to trade for. No auctions or bids here. If you want to auction an item, put it on eBay and post a link to your item's auction on eBay here.
rivers
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018

Re: Want to Buy: 650cc crank shaft and fuel tank

Post by rivers » Tue May 15, 2018 1:05 pm

xpatriot wrote:
xpatriot wrote: However, I also didn't buy it thinking (hoping) it would be a lot to fix....so a bit deflated atm and was hoping for some sort of cheaper alternative that would still give me a reliable and good running outfit. If I had $4000+ in my budget, I'd have gone for a 750 I see in that range. I'm not looking to ride this thing around the world, so was seeing if an alternative crank source was out there.
To get to your goal of "reliable", build it correctly and enjoy the bike. $500 for a "new" assembled Ural crank is about as cheap as it gets. No way would I buy a cheaper used 650 crank. Nor would I trust some private seller in eastern Europe his is brand new or that it's even for your motor. Sorry you got in over your head... it happens. Time now to decide to live with what you got and pony up whatever money/work it takes to meet your reliable rider goal or it's time to punt and write it off as a learning experience. A used 750 motor transplant is an option but not cheaper than a $500 crank. Rework your budget/goals and time allotment. Correctly rebuilding a 650 motor won't be a grand resale value plan but it will give you a sweet running very useable and fun Ural. Prioritize and good luck.
Joe
014 GU
"I'm lost but I'm making good time."

xpatriot
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by xpatriot » Tue May 15, 2018 7:04 pm

rivers wrote:
xpatriot wrote:
xpatriot wrote: However, I also didn't buy it thinking (hoping) it would be a lot to fix....so a bit deflated atm and was hoping for some sort of cheaper alternative that would still give me a reliable and good running outfit. If I had $4000+ in my budget, I'd have gone for a 750 I see in that range. I'm not looking to ride this thing around the world, so was seeing if an alternative crank source was out there.
To get to your goal of "reliable", build it correctly and enjoy the bike. $500 for a "new" assembled Ural crank is about as cheap as it gets. No way would I buy a cheaper used 650 crank. Nor would I trust some private seller in eastern Europe his is brand new or that it's even for your motor. Sorry you got in over your head... it happens. Time now to decide to live with what you got and pony up whatever money/work it takes to meet your reliable rider goal or it's time to punt and write it off as a learning experience. A used 750 motor transplant is an option but not cheaper than a $500 crank. Rework your budget/goals and time allotment. Correctly rebuilding a 650 motor won't be a grand resale value plan but it will give you a sweet running very useable and fun Ural. Prioritize and good luck.
I’m not in over my head :?

I ordered parts thru Russian Garage...I’ll see how it goes.
1999 650 Tourist "The Moscow Mule"

atlthrux

Post by atlthrux » Tue May 15, 2018 9:01 pm

I had a great experience with Metal Rescue to deal with a rusty tank.

Bull Gear

Post by Bull Gear » Wed May 16, 2018 11:50 am

I'll sell you a good crankcase assembly for $250.

xpatriot
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by xpatriot » Wed May 16, 2018 9:40 pm

I was texting you and you didn't reply :(
1999 650 Tourist "The Moscow Mule"