Spring in Colorado NOT in Moab

Planning a local ride or a Rally? Let other folks know here so they can ride along.
Forum rules
This is the place to plan a ride or let others know about upcoming rides. Please post stories and/or pictures of the ride once it happens in the "Ride Reports" section. Please put the city and state of the rally or start of the ride so folks can attend.
DirtyDR
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Spring in Colorado NOT in Moab

Post by DirtyDR » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:41 pm

Ok guys and Gals, I have been doing a lot of thinking about this and I need a break from Moab. It is just getting too crowded and expensive so that and for a few personal reasons I am Taking a hiatus from Moab.

Now that said I am inviting anyone who wants to come ride Western Colorado for the last week in May if anyone is interested. We will base in Hotchkiss where I just happen to have a house and know the area fairly well. There is plenty of room at the fairgrounds for RV camping with water and electric, no dump but there is a dump station at the RV Park just outside of town. Speaking of that there is also a very nice and reasonably priced full service RV Park just outside of town. There is also a local Hotel/Motel in town and if enough people want to come out I will see if I can work a deal with her but the rates are already reasonable especially compared to Moab.

There is every kind of riding you can imagine just outside of town from a couple of desert canyons, Escalante and Dominguez, to BLM up to the rim of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. There is Grand Mesa also but most of the trails up there will most likely still be snowed in. Good trout fishing in the Gunnison river that runs right through town also if you want to break out that fly rod gathering dust.

After talking to Milo, Spat and Mr Cob I am thinking of the weekend of the 19th through the weekend of the 26th. The 27th of May is Memorial day for 2019 so if that conflicts I am willing to discuss things. I am trying to find a time that does not conflict with too many other things going on and this seemed like a good time schedule.

Just wanted to get this out there and see if anyone is interested.

Dana
Dana
Моё судно на воздушной подушке полно угрей
2006 Patrol in Blue

Proud member of the Patrol Patrol

mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Re: Spring in Colorado NOT in Moab

Post by mr. cob » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:34 pm

Howdy Dana,

Thanks for the call today. I am up for doing this, I have stayed at the little campground that is located a few miles northeast of town, reasonable rates, no fluff, no swiming pools and such but quiet, clean and REASONABLE.

If enough folks want to camp at the fairgrounds I would be up for that, Dana if you will can you find out what the rate at the fairgrounds is for a site with 50 amp power, thanks.

I can't commit 100% to this event as I have to make sure it won't conflict with other things I want to do but I am seriously interested. If I attend I'll have a Ural but my main interest will be in going places that I can drive my Side by side, and would like to hear if anyone else has one of these machines and would be interested in driving them whilst at this event.

Dave
Last edited by mr. cob on Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Cob

Driver of the "Predator" a highly modified 2005 Gear-Up.

Driver of the "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, this rig is now driven primarily by "Mrs. Cob"

Driver of the "Kraken", 2014 Asphalt Gray Gear-Up that will be used to prove out and test parts for the new generation of Fueli rigs.

My Photo galleries, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

Join "Smugmug", click this link and save some money, https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6

DirtyDR
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by DirtyDR » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:08 pm

$6.00 or $8.00 a night Dave. I am not quite sure what he is asking now.
Dana
2006 Patrol in Blue

mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by mr. cob » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:21 pm

DirtyDR wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:08 pm
$6.00 or $8.00 a night Dave. I am not quite sure what he is asking now.
Howdy Dana,

If you can find and pass on the contact information for the fairgrounds camping I sure would appreciate it. Thanks.

Dave
Mr. Cob

Driver of the "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, this rig is now driven primarily by "Mrs. Cob"

Driver of the "Kraken", 2014 Asphalt Gray Gear-Up that will be used to prove out and test parts for the new generation of Fueli rigs.

Join "Smugmug", click this link and save some money, https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6

Kaliram
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Post by Kaliram » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:44 pm

I'm definitely up for this! We just moved back to Colorado from Cobb, CA, and now live in Woodland Park, northwest of Colorado Springs and Pike's Peak, up at 8,500 ft. That whole area around Black Canyon is great. We all shall enjoy!
Current ride: 2019 Ural Gear Up, O.D. Green (“Jyoti”)
Blasts in the past: 2016 Ural Gear Up ("Shanti ")
2012 Ural Gear Up ("Tootles")
2009 KLX250, 2009 KLR650, 2004 BMW R1150GSA, 1966 Honda 305 SuperHawk

“Your life comes with a lifetime guarantee.”

DirtyDR
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by DirtyDR » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:42 pm

Fairgrounds camping is first come first served and open to the public, no other information to pass on Dave. Hotchkiss is a small town and you can not miss the fairgrounds.
Dana
2006 Patrol in Blue

co_g30
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by co_g30 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:03 pm

I'm up for this!
CO_G30
2014 Ural Patrol "Scarlett"
1999 Ural Patrol "Fiona" with '84 R80 engine.
1987 BMW R80 "Brigitta"
2006 Yamaha TW200 "Yagi"
http://redlegsrides.blogspot.com
https://www.facebook.com/redlegsrides

siberman1

Post by siberman1 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:01 pm

Wouldn't ya know it! I think of different dates for Moab, but then agree on the usual status quo. Last week I send deposit at Archview. THIS WEEK I learn that many/some special folks are NOT going to Moab in 2019!

Yeah, a little expensive for even a small "Cargo Trailer", but WTH. Moab 2019 is to be my inaugural voyage with self-made Toy-Hauler + Ural + SO=SWMBO! Good grief. Where the hell is "Hotchkiss"?

If I didn't have bad luck, I would have no luck at all!

YMMV
Sent from my laptop using OEM fingers, ordinary Mouse, and LCD-screen
2014 полынь зеленый гU
Сибирь Экспресс #2

Zero payments

DirtyDR
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by DirtyDR » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:17 pm

That deposit is refundable, come out to Hotchkiss with us.

Hotchkiss is easy to find, about 60 miles south of Grand Junction, CO.
Dana
2006 Patrol in Blue

Druid

Post by Druid » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:53 am

Following- I might be up for Hotchkiss. I reside just down stream from there in Page, Az. (South end of Lake Powell) I could make a big loop out of the trip possibly through Utah on the way back. Might still hit an easy trail in Moab on the way- coming or going.
Dave
2016 Gear Up Sahara

ridenfly
Comrade General
Comrade General

Post by ridenfly » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:50 pm

Hello friends and old friends.
Haven't been checking forum until today. This AZ weather is just too nice to spend time on computer.
Certainly will plan on the Hotchiss get together. Will ride up from Pagosa and camp at fairgrounds.
Look forward to seeing you all.

Walt
2003 Patrol Goslovna 140,000k +
A proud member of the Patrol Patrol
1986 SP200 Suzuki for narrow trails
my first car was a new 1954 HD 74 panhead

mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by mr. cob » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:16 pm

ridenfly wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:50 pm
Hello friends and old friends.
Haven't been checking forum until today. This AZ weather is just too nice to spend time on computer.
Certainly will plan on the Hotchiss get together. Will ride up from Pagosa and camp at fairgrounds.
Look forward to seeing you all.

Walt
Howdy Walt,

Hey you ole coot, where are you at in AZ, we have been in Quartzsite for the last 2.5 weeks and will be here until March 2nd before returning to the rain and gloom of the NorWet.

Dave, Donna and Newt
Mr. Cob

tskemp

Post by tskemp » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:24 pm

I'm going to be at Overland expo outside of Flagstaff until May 19, might want to swing by for a couple of days after that. Haven't met any of you yet, but I'll be on my Ural on my way back to Wisconsin so it's on my way. I'll see how plans might work out.
Tom

'13 GU

Druid

Post by Druid » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:24 pm

Got my ticket bought for Overland Expo also. If you contact the Prescott Dealer you can arrange to camp with the rest of us Urals.estebansegura@kalabercreations.com here is his email.
Dave in Page, Az.

tskemp

Post by tskemp » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:16 pm

Thanks, Dave - already signed up.
Tom in Wisconsin