I want to meet, ride, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming this coming September.

Planning a local ride or a Rally? Let other folks know here so they can ride along.
Forum rules
This is the place to plan a ride or let others know about upcoming rides. Please post stories and/or pictures of the ride once it happens in the "Ride Reports" section. Please put the city and state of the rally or start of the ride so folks can attend.
mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

I want to meet, ride, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming this coming September.

Post by mr. cob » Tue May 01, 2018 3:49 pm

Howdy All,

I am thinking real hard about attending an ADV-Rider rally being held in Shell Wyoming, August 29th till September 4th, 2018 That's a long way from home for just a few days, so I was thinking if there are any Uralista's along or within reasonable distance from my route there and back who would like to meet and do some riding this early fall, contact me and lets see what we can work out.

This is my proposed route, from western Washington I'll take I-90 east toward Billings Montana, then turn south on Hwy 212-310, then Hwy 14 to Shell Wyoming.

I would like to meet and ride with folks ON THE BACK HOME from the Adv-Rider rally, so if this is something your interested in please contact me by PM, tell me what you have in mind, on or off road makes no difference to me I enjoy both. The one thing that I do need is a place near your home OR a reasonably priced RV park close to your home where I can park a 72 foot long truck and trailer.

Dave
Mr. Cob

Driver of the "Predator" a highly modified 2005 Gear-Up.

Driver of the "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, this rig is now driven primarily by "Mrs. Cob"

My Photo galleries, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

mtrdrms
Comrade General
Comrade General

Re: I want to meet, ride, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming this coming September.

Post by mtrdrms » Tue May 01, 2018 7:39 pm

Great idea Dave. I've always thought a uralista-specific tent-space thread would be a cool idea. With a map so we could easily see where people are along the route and what they are willing to provide to guests.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/t ... ap.776925/

Maybe we can create our own anonymous (bmw) or gold(wing) book of sorts...?

Well fwiw, if you ever find yourself in or around CT, I've got some nice space for a campfire with views.
:cheers:
- Andy

Everyday. No excuses.
2013 Patrol

mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Re: I want to meet, ride, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming this coming September.

Post by mr. cob » Tue May 01, 2018 8:25 pm

mtrdrms wrote:Great idea Dave. I've always thought a uralista-specific tent-space thread would be a cool idea. With a map so we could easily see where people are along the route and what they are willing to provide to guests.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/t ... ap.776925/

Maybe we can create our own anonymous (bmw) or gold(wing) book of sorts...?

Well fwiw, if you ever find yourself in or around CT, I've got some nice space for a campfire with views.
:cheers:
Howdy Andy,

I have been staying with folks for over 30 years, west of the Mississippi I am rarely more then a few hundred miles from someone I have stayed with at least once some folks many times. To go to this event is a 1,000 miles one way and its only four days so to justify the fuel costs of doing this I need to spend more time having FUN and its ALWAYS more fun if its shared. Don't know that I'll ever wander to CT, but thanks for the invitation you never know I just might take you up on it.

Dave
Mr. Cob

Driver of the "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, this rig is now driven primarily by "Mrs. Cob"

GillaFunk
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by GillaFunk » Wed May 02, 2018 3:23 am

:lurker:
Sgt. USMC 0311, 8156

2011 Gear-Up "سميرة" (Samira). Gone, it not forgotten

Manscout
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Post by Manscout » Wed May 02, 2018 2:28 pm

Hey Dave! We didn't get a chance to ride last October, but I'd be happy to attempt a meet up on that side of the Bighorns if you come this way. I love riding that area, so keep us informed if you decide to go. I'll make plans to meet you somewhere on your route.
"It goes nowhere fast, and everywhere cool".

2011 Ural Patrol
Gillette, Wy
Instagram: manscoutwyo

mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by mr. cob » Wed May 02, 2018 2:33 pm

Manscout wrote:Hey Dave! We didn't get a chance to ride last October, but I'd be happy to attempt a meet up on that side of the Bighorns if you come this way. I love riding that area, so keep us informed if you decide to go. I'll make plans to meet you somewhere on your route.
Howdy Manscout, sorry I forgot your real name.

Thanks for the dinner we shared last year as I traveled to the National Truck Rally, yeah it was a bit cold in your area to do any riding when we met. I have ridden most of the paved roads in Wyoming that are worth the fuel to do it but I have never gotten off the well beaten path, I am sure there are many old roads, mines, ghost towns and other interesting things to be enjoyed, having a tour guide would be great. Let know what kind of time frame you have and we can work from there. Thanks for your reply.

Dave
Mr. Cob

prstone50
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by prstone50 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:40 am

Heck Dave, I didn’t realize their was an advrider rally up in Shell this year . I’ll mark it down and maybe run up . campout a night or two and do a ride with you .
2013 Gear Up Forest Fog "Yuri"
2000 Kuwalski Super Sherpa "Olive" ... sold
2007 TW200 "Steve"
2017 KLR650 "Roja"
Laramie, WY

mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by mr. cob » Wed May 30, 2018 12:48 am

prstone50 wrote:Heck Dave, I didn’t realize their was an advrider rally up in Shell this year . I’ll mark it down and maybe run up . campout a night or two and do a ride with you .
Howdy prstone50,

If you can make it to the Shell rally that would be great, hope to see you there.

I'll be going to the Shell ADV rally from the 29th of August to the 4th of September, and then making my way to Kansas to attend another ADV rally taking place during the 3rd or 4th weekend of September the date has not been locked in yet. From the September ADV rally depending on what the final date is I will either wander north to visit with family and friends in Minnesota or head to Arkansas to visit with Uralistas who live there. So it looks like the only time I'll have to visit with or meet folks is during or shortly after the Shell rally.

Dave
Mr. Cob

Manscout

Post by Manscout » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:33 pm

Are you still planning to be at this rally?
"It goes nowhere fast, and everywhere cool".

2011 Ural Patrol
Gillette, Wy
Instagram: manscoutwyo

mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by mr. cob » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:35 pm

Manscout wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:33 pm
Are you still planning to be at this rally?
Howdy Manscout,

Yes Sir, barring unforeseen circumstances I will be there.

Dave
Mr. Cob