Maine Fall Camp 2017 October 6th-9th

Planning a local ride or a Rally? Let other folks know here so they can ride along.
Forum rules
This is the place to plan a ride or let others know about upcoming rides. Please post stories and/or pictures of the ride once it happens in the "Ride Reports" section. Please put the city and state of the rally or start of the ride so folks can attend.
User avatar
Hogmaine
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Posts: 2085
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:35 pm
Location: Conway, NH

Re: Maine Fall Camp 2017 October 6th-9th

Post by Hogmaine » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:41 am

weather is looking a little better
“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” Leonardo da Vinci
2008 Patrol
2016 Versys 650 LT
2011 Gear Up

User avatar
VWK75S
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Posts: 4730
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:25 am
Location: Sebago Lake Maine

Re: Maine Fall Camp 2017 October 6th-9th

Post by VWK75S » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:19 pm

Fire permit obtained :kumbaya:
John
The Ural's made Maine a much bigger state.

2009 GearUp 145,000kms
2007 Retro 25,000kms
1991 VWK75S 110,000miles

User avatar
Hogmaine
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Posts: 2085
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:35 pm
Location: Conway, NH

Re: Maine Fall Camp 2017 October 6th-9th

Post by Hogmaine » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:04 pm

we need fire permit?? don't let them know Scott is coming

let's hope we can get the site we want
“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” Leonardo da Vinci
2008 Patrol
2016 Versys 650 LT
2011 Gear Up

User avatar
Mystery Jig
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin
Posts: 1123
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:10 am
Location: State 'O' Maine
Contact:

Re: Maine Fall Camp 2017 October 6th-9th

Post by Mystery Jig » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:52 pm

Good thinking, John. Glad we have adult supervision.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
2010 Patrol T
2007 KLR650
www.mysteryjig.com

User avatar
Thermos
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov
Posts: 3731
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:19 pm
Location: Great Pond, Maine

Re: Maine Fall Camp 2017 October 6th-9th

Post by Thermos » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:00 pm

Things happen. I won't be there till sometime maybe mid Friday morning.
When you come to the fork in the road, take it!
Yogi Berra

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

2011 Orange/Silver Patrol
2017 CRF1000 Africa Twin
1977 R100S
http://tomtomandjoesorangeanviltour.blogspot.com/

http://sovietsteeds.com/forums/viewtopi ... it=Thermos
former bikes-
2001 HD Sportster
1981 Honda CX500 Custom

VTURAL
Comrade
Comrade
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:32 pm

Re: Maine Fall Camp 2017 October 6th-9th

Post by VTURAL » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:16 pm

Should be up there 3 to 5 pm thursday. bringing firewood, 96OZ of spegitti, 1LB of sprinkle cheese, 2- 4 pound jugs of sauce, minced garlic , hot sauce, 2 gallons of spring water and a big pot to boil it with. might try making some biscuts in a tin pan, aluminum foil, some corn on the cob, beer and more...
paper plates, plastic ware, 2 rolls paper towels.

User avatar
Thermos
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov
Posts: 3731
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:19 pm
Location: Great Pond, Maine

Re: Maine Fall Camp 2017 October 6th-9th

Post by Thermos » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:58 pm

It sounds like John is there, and I think Bill. Might be a tight situation....
When you come to the fork in the road, take it!
Yogi Berra

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

2011 Orange/Silver Patrol
2017 CRF1000 Africa Twin
1977 R100S
http://tomtomandjoesorangeanviltour.blogspot.com/

http://sovietsteeds.com/forums/viewtopi ... it=Thermos
former bikes-
2001 HD Sportster
1981 Honda CX500 Custom

User avatar
Mystery Jig
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin
Posts: 1123
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:10 am
Location: State 'O' Maine
Contact:

Re: Maine Fall Camp 2017 October 6th-9th

Post by Mystery Jig » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:37 am

What do mean by 'tight situation'?
2010 Patrol T
2007 KLR650
www.mysteryjig.com

User avatar
Thermos
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov
Posts: 3731
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:19 pm
Location: Great Pond, Maine

Re: Maine Fall Camp 2017 October 6th-9th

Post by Thermos » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:51 am

Mystery Jig wrote:What do mean by 'tight situation'?
The place is packing up with people. The sites are filling.
When you come to the fork in the road, take it!
Yogi Berra

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

2011 Orange/Silver Patrol
2017 CRF1000 Africa Twin
1977 R100S
http://tomtomandjoesorangeanviltour.blogspot.com/

http://sovietsteeds.com/forums/viewtopi ... it=Thermos
former bikes-
2001 HD Sportster
1981 Honda CX500 Custom

User avatar
Tpex
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:41 pm

Re: Maine Fall Camp 2017 October 6th-9th

Post by Tpex » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:09 am

Any place to put an SUV & Trailer for Saturday?

I plan on arriving Saturday morning at the camp around 7:15-7:30am, unloading the Ural from my trailer and gearing up ready to ride around 8:00-8:30AM. Is that too late? If so, I can arrive earlier. I'm visiting family around 60 miles south of the camp area, so have the ability to arrive earlier as well as either stay and camp Saturday evening, or leave pending on camp site congestion and parking.

User avatar
Mystery Jig
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin
Posts: 1123
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:10 am
Location: State 'O' Maine
Contact:

Re: Maine Fall Camp 2017 October 6th-9th

Post by Mystery Jig » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:13 pm

Tpex wrote:Any place to put an SUV & Trailer for Saturday?

I plan on arriving Saturday morning at the camp around 7:15-7:30am, unloading the Ural from my trailer and gearing up ready to ride around 8:00-8:30AM. Is that too late? If so, I can arrive earlier. I'm visiting family around 60 miles south of the camp area, so have the ability to arrive earlier as well as either stay and camp Saturday evening, or leave pending on camp site congestion and parking.
Sorry we didn't answer you. No internet up there. Glad you decided to come. Great to meet you. Please add to the ride report here:

http://www.sovietsteeds.com/forums/view ... =2&t=49651
2010 Patrol T
2007 KLR650
www.mysteryjig.com

User avatar
Tpex
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:41 pm

Re: Maine Fall Camp 2017 October 6th-9th

Post by Tpex » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:52 pm

Mystery Jig wrote:
Tpex wrote:Any place to put an SUV & Trailer for Saturday?

I plan on arriving Saturday morning at the camp around 7:15-7:30am, unloading the Ural from my trailer and gearing up ready to ride around 8:00-8:30AM. Is that too late? If so, I can arrive earlier. I'm visiting family around 60 miles south of the camp area, so have the ability to arrive earlier as well as either stay and camp Saturday evening, or leave pending on camp site congestion and parking.
Sorry we didn't answer you. No internet up there. Glad you decided to come. Great to meet you. Please add to the ride report here:

http://www.sovietsteeds.com/forums/view ... =2&t=49651
No problem :thumbsup: I really enjoyed meeting the Maine crew and riding up there in the Maine woods. I'll add onto the ride report when I get the pics resized. :cheers:

On a related note, some funny looking little fellow with a red hat and a blue coat climbed into my sidecar trunk, sneaky. :lol:

User avatar
Mystery Jig
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin
Posts: 1123
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:10 am
Location: State 'O' Maine
Contact:

Re: Maine Fall Camp 2017 October 6th-9th

Post by Mystery Jig » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:17 pm

Tpex wrote:
Mystery Jig wrote:
Tpex wrote:Any place to put an SUV & Trailer for Saturday?

I plan on arriving Saturday morning at the camp around 7:15-7:30am, unloading the Ural from my trailer and gearing up ready to ride around 8:00-8:30AM. Is that too late? If so, I can arrive earlier. I'm visiting family around 60 miles south of the camp area, so have the ability to arrive earlier as well as either stay and camp Saturday evening, or leave pending on camp site congestion and parking.
Sorry we didn't answer you. No internet up there. Glad you decided to come. Great to meet you. Please add to the ride report here:

http://www.sovietsteeds.com/forums/view ... =2&t=49651
No problem :thumbsup: I really enjoyed meeting the Maine crew and riding up there in the Maine woods. I'll add onto the ride report when I get the pics resized. :cheers:

On a related note, some funny looking little fellow with a red hat and a blue coat climbed into my sidecar trunk, sneaky. :lol:
What?!?!? I have no idea what you're talking about. (wink wink — gnome instructions to follow ASAP)
2010 Patrol T
2007 KLR650
www.mysteryjig.com

User avatar
Hogmaine
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Posts: 2085
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:35 pm
Location: Conway, NH

Re: Maine Fall Camp 2017 October 6th-9th

Post by Hogmaine » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:59 pm

Tpex is officially gnome'd :lol:

great meeting you :cheers:
“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” Leonardo da Vinci
2008 Patrol
2016 Versys 650 LT
2011 Gear Up

Post Reply