CRAP Final Plan and Execute Order

Planning a local ride or a Rally? Let other folks know here so they can ride along.
Forum rules
This is the place to plan a ride or let others know about upcoming rides. Please post stories and/or pictures of the ride once it happens in the "Ride Reports" section. Please put the city and state of the rally or start of the ride so folks can attend.
WEGUNTER
Commissar
Commissar

CRAP Final Plan and Execute Order

Post by WEGUNTER » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:22 am

Here is the final plan and execute order for CRAP. Moderator: Could you delete the following previous posts: "CRAP Date Change" and "CRAP The Plan" . Leave the post CRAP Location Change intact since it contains pics and related information. Thanks.

CRAP FINAL PLAN

DATES: 28-30 April 2017

LOCATION: 814 McDowell County Trail Deep River Campground Asheboro NC, 27203

CONTACT INFORMATION: #336-629- 4069 (Ask for Linda and specify you are part of the CRAP Rally), deeprivercampground.com , Contact Information for Bill Gunter: 910 315 9525 (Cell), Email: wegunter@yahoo.com, Soviet Steeds Handle: WEGUNTER

COSTS: $20 per night for the group tent camping area. Payment is in cash at time of registration at the campground office. If you are interested in an RV site or one of the cabins, contact Linda at Deep River for availability and pricing.

CAMP GROUND FACILITIES: Kitchen (with stove and fridge) , pavilion/dining area. Numerous fire rings and picnic tables all available in the group camp area. Campground also includes lake stocked with fish, swimming pool, very clean restrooms with showers and a campground market. Ice and firewood are available. Wood prices are $5 a bundle. (Yes we can bring our own wood as long as we don’t get crazy about it) For more detailed information, please visit the Deep River Campground web posting.

GROUP CAMP GROUND: The group campground has already been reserved for tent camping. We already have the entire area so there is no need to call and reserve a particular spot. The group camp site comprises the area from the entrance parking lot, around the group pavilion and around the southeast side of the lake. Appear to be some trees for hammock dwellers in the far southeastern corner.

RESTRICTIONS: There are very few restrictions but as usual we need to employ common sense and normal courtesy. There are some long-term residents living in the RV park so we will need to be cognizant of our late night carousing. In addition, the camp owner does not want vehicles on the grassy field. For those people trailering their rigs, please unload your rig in the parking lot at the top of the hill and we will marshal vehicles and trailers around the maintenance shed located at the entrance to the campground.

ITINERARY:

0900 28APR: Arrive any time after 0900, register and set up

1400 28APR (Approx.) Maintenance Classes hosted by Van and Bob

1830 28APR: Group Dinner at the American Roadhouse in Asheboro

2000 28APR: General buffoonery around the campfire

0800 29APR: Pancake breakfast sponsored by Tubarick

0930 29APR: Group Ride (See Ride Description)

1430 29APR: Return to camp and prep for group dinner/More maintenance classes

1830 29APR: Group dinner (Meal plan to be published)

2000 29APR: CRAP Awards Ceremony

0800 30APR: Pancake Breakfast sponsored by Tubarick

1000 30APR: Clean up and pack out. No specified time for departure.

GROUP RIDE DESCRIPTION: Depart camp around 0930 and head west on 64 through Asheboro to Delk’s Military Surplus. Leave Delk’s and head south on Moore Road to Old Route 49 to Silo’s Smoke House for lunch. Leave Silo’s Smoke House and skirt Uharwie national Forest to the North Carolina Aviation Museum. Leave Aviation Museum and head south through the Uharwie National Forest to the Pisgah Covered Bridge for photo op. Depart bridge heading east on Pisgah Covered Bridge Road across Interstate 220/74 and pick up Business 220. Head north on Business 220 into Asheboro. Ride ends at this point and riders can break up and head for campground or local shopping. (Note: there is a Harbor Freight located in the Asheboro Mall . Following is the map directions link. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/DEEP+RI ... 0?hl=en-US

GROUP MEAL PLAN: Friday lunch is on your own. There are numerous restaurants and food shops along Route 64 within 2 miles of the campground. Friday evening meal will be at the American Road House. The meals on Saturday (Breakfast and Dinner) are potluck so we will rely on contributions from everyone. Local riders will try and provide the bulk of the meals but we will need contributions. We will publish a spreadsheet of requested items so people can sign up for a dish or an item. Spreadsheet will be published momentarily.

UPDATE: As of 21 March I am tracking 32 rigs and 54 people signed up for this event. If you have not yet posted on Soviet Steeds or Russian Iron and indicated that you plan to attend, please send me an email. Please indicate your type of rig, number of people in your party and whether you are tent camping. If you plan on trailering your rig I need to know that as well.

Bill
Last edited by WEGUNTER on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tomcatfixer
Commissar
Commissar

Re: CRAP Final Plan and Execute Order

Post by Tomcatfixer » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:18 pm

I'm just gonna leave these here, for a handy reference:
Deep River Campground.jpg
Deep River Campground Satellite.png
http://www.deeprivercampground.com/

Also, Bill, if I get this new-fangled OBDII code-reader all figured out, I'll facilitate a training session on communicating with the EFI computers and balancing the throttle bodies, for us "late-model" guys.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Chad

Gordonsville, Virginia, USA

Current rides:
2015 Ural cT "Mobile Chernobyl", 2001 Ural Patrol "The Patrol", 1999 Ural Tourist "The RPOC", 1994 Honda VFR750F

Previous rides:
2007 Honda VTR1000 FireStorm (Super Hawk in U.S.)
2001 Buell Blast! - - - - - - - 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
1993 Honda CBR600F2 - -1984 Yamaha FJ1100
Two different 1986 Yamaha FZX700S Fazers

WEGUNTER
Commissar
Commissar

Post by WEGUNTER » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:46 pm

that's great Chad. will add the site pictures and other related material here shortly. want the moderator to delete the other previous threads

lorij7
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by lorij7 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:22 pm

Hi All.

Here is the updated sign up list for Saturday night's communal dinner (as of 23 Ar). I'll continually update the list and post. Please note that we have enough entrees. If you are desperate to cook meat you could bring something for Sat and Sun breakfast to fill out what Tubarick and Pam have planned.

Does anyone need a sterno server? I have 2 but will gladly pick up some more. Pls let me know.

Thanks. Lori
Dinner Plan.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by lorij7 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:56 am, edited 6 times in total.

rougaroo
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Post by rougaroo » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:51 pm

Lori -

Quantity question: you have six slots for each of the food slots - how many people should each person prepare for? (i.e. six entree slots, round up to 60 people, each person prepares for 10? If each person prepares for 30 we'll have enough if the Canadians and Big James show up, etc).

Rougaroo
2003 Tourist - lotsa upgrades
2004 Troyka - work in progress

lorij7
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by lorij7 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:39 pm

rougaroo wrote:Lori -

Quantity question: you have six slots for each of the food slots - how many people should each person prepare for? (i.e. six entree slots, round up to 60 people, each person prepares for 10? If each person prepares for 30 we'll have enough if the Canadians and Big James show up, etc).

Rougaroo
Hi Bob. I think whatever folks are comfortable with is a fair answer. It's different than years past since we're not making all the food that John and Robbie have been. Would like to have enough to feed the numbers.
Lori

DneprTim
Party Member
Party Member

Post by DneprTim » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:52 pm

Bill,
Do you know if there is a kitchen facility available to heat/cook food available ?
Or a grill, etc ?

lorij7
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by lorij7 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:22 pm

DneprTim wrote:Bill,
Do you know if there is a kitchen facility available to heat/cook food available ?
Or a grill, etc ?
Yup. Stove fridge large grill. We're also bringing a couple Propane grills

guzzidude
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by guzzidude » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:04 pm

Wow Lori great job and all on the plan.
MT11 - Honda VFR... R.I.P.: R100GS, R50/5, CB550SS, TS400, Guzzi V11Sport, VStar1100, TR6/Bonnie, KLX650, GSXR600, etc

lorij7
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by lorij7 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:59 pm

guzzidude wrote:Wow Lori great job and all on the plan.
Thanks. Bill did everything! Hope you can come even with the Littles and the mutt

GewehrRides1
Party Member
Party Member

Post by GewehrRides1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:59 am

Email sent.
Wife have volunteered to make a couple of Bison Meatloafs. We can come down Saturday morning for the day but have to come home that evening.
Ron, Brigitte, and Gewehr
Midway, NC

WEGUNTER
Commissar
Commissar

Post by WEGUNTER » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:31 pm

Ron, Thanks for the food contribution. Welcome to have you. We may be out on the ride when you get there, but there will be strap hangers hanging out at the campground. Expect to get back from the ride around 1400. If you are riding the Ural take a look at the route and see if you can intercept us.

Bill

lorij7
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by lorij7 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:52 pm

DneprTim wrote:Bill,
Or a grill, etc ?
Tim/Althea. Also at least 1 microwave available. Lori

piper1ru4
Comrade
Comrade

Reconnaissance ride to Deep River

Post by piper1ru4 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:53 pm

We decided to go check out the campground today and wanted to share our findings with the group.
Once you leave Loflin Pond Rd and turn into the campground it is all gravel. The gravel portion leading in has a couple of gullys crossing the road.
Nothing a Ural couldn't handle but cars proceed with caution. The group pavilion grassy area is on about a 5 degree incline . The entire property is hilly, very similar to Gilliam Mill minus all the trees.
Campground has no check in,check out time so arrive as early as you like and stay as late as you like on Sunday. For those wanting spaces with full hookups ( all are pull thru ) you would only be about 50 feet from the group pavilion. Everything is within about a 150 yard radius.
The pavilion has loads of receptacles, a 20 year old house fridge and a stainless steel grill. Our 2nd tent area is just down the hill about 50 feet from the pavilion and has a gazebo with a power outlet box. I am bringing a 50 amp plug equipped with (4) 20 amp receptacles for those in that area needing power. This grassy area is almost level with some very nice spots for tents. Down beyond this area (towards the east end of the pond ) and about 300 yards from the pavilion are several pairs of trees ideal for hammocks. The owner said hammocks would be fine for our group. He normally doesn't allow hammocks for liability reasons. This area has no power or water spigots but is closer to the wooded area and about 25 feet or so from ponds edge.
Only one bathhouse located about 50 feet from the pavilion. It has 3 shower stalls and 3 toilet stalls in each side. For those down by the pond in hammocks you will be about 300 yards from the bathhouse. The owner ( Scott ) was very personable and gave me a tour on the golf cart.
For those interested in wifi, it is iffy at best. Crystal could not pick it up in front of the office. The owner said his IT guy is going to look into it this week. The owner resets the router sometimes which helps he says. The office/store hours are much shorter than most campgrounds. 11-4 on Sat.
And I think he said 10-4 weekdays. Not sure about Sunday.
The firewood for sale did not appear to be very well stocked. As Bill mentioned, if you got some bring it, just don't bring the maul axe,
and chain saw,,,LoL.
I am going to attempt to attach some photos with captions to this post for your viewing pleasure.
Last edited by piper1ru4 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sent from my rotary dial telephone
David, Crystal, & MayKay
2000 Deco Classic
Ktm 250XC
Honda GL1800

piper1ru4
Comrade
Comrade

Post by piper1ru4 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:06 pm

Second batch of photos
Sent from my rotary dial telephone
David, Crystal, & MayKay
2000 Deco Classic
Ktm 250XC
Honda GL1800