New Years Pine Barrens Ride

Planning a local ride or a Rally? Let other folks know here so they can ride along.
Forum rules
This is the place to plan a ride or let others know about upcoming rides. Please post stories and/or pictures of the ride once it happens in the "Ride Reports" section. Please put the city and state of the rally or start of the ride so folks can attend.
IVANGROZNEY
Party Member
Party Member

New Years Pine Barrens Ride

Post by IVANGROZNEY » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:27 pm

Who is up for a New Jersey Pine Barrens ride on Jaurary 8th? I figure most will not want to get up early on new years day. So lets go for the next saturday. Most of the snow from the current blizzard will probably melt by then. Think of it spinning Knobbies in 2 to 4 inches of snow, stearing with the rearend of the motorcycle. Sounds like fun to me.

Meet at Atsion at 10 ride untill 4, pack a lunch. Early arrivals go to breakfast at "The Outback" aka "Not Nina's"

Post or contact me if you are thinking of going. I don't want to go it alown.
New Jersey Ken
94 Tourist w/750 original owner
95 Solo
Vice Commissar Eastern Seaboard Division CURD

ReCycled
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Re: New Years Pine Barrens Ride

Post by ReCycled » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:40 pm

In spite of three weeks of cold and what was likely two feet of snow yesterday, I don't know if there will be any left by the 8th. We're going to be warming up and then rain? http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/f ... y/USNJ0197

Any thoughts on making it New Year's Day?
David B.
'07 Ural Twourist

IVANGROZNEY
Party Member
Party Member

Post by IVANGROZNEY » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:10 pm

Do you think it will melt enough by then? I'm guessing there will still be 6 to 8 inches and the wheather report says it's going to rain on saturday. It will be like we made it though with some "difficulty" vs most is gone enough to make it fun the next week.
New Jersey Ken
95 Solo

ReCycled

Post by ReCycled » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:27 pm

I've ridden there when everything was frozen but never in the snow. I think the mix of snow and sand could be fun and was just worried that a week+ of 40 degree weather and maybe some rain would w@$# it all away.

I can see where this Saturday might be a bit of a cold, sloppy mess though :shock:

Maybe we'll get a fresh coat on the 7th...
David B.
'07 Ural Twourist

Niteblues
Commissar
Commissar

Post by Niteblues » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:08 pm

As much as I want to go for a long ride on New Year's Day (it's supposed to be 55F), I may be limited to a local jaunt only. The snow on the main roads in the Pine Barrens might be gone and the roads inaccessable with deeeeep water crossings that only QBall would attempt...the trails might be fun though.

Fresh powder would be best! Pray for snow on Jan 7 or 8; although the 9th is better for me.

:lurker:
Scott

2004 Ural Patrol

"You can ride farther in one hour than you can walk in a day"

"Media bias contributes to erosion of the perception of truth." Tanya Marcum

xtrememachines
Party Member
Party Member

Post by xtrememachines » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:56 pm

I would be in for the 8th.
Xtreme Machines
700 Hwy 33
Millstone Twp NJ 08535
732-786-9696
sales@xtrememachines.us

Call to schedule a Ural demo ride!

BinDerSmokDat

Post by BinDerSmokDat » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:38 pm

I'm down for the 1st, the 8th and any day before, after or in between. This Saturday will be rainy, but warm, might make for some interesting slop riding. I have off tomorrow, maybe I'll head out and see how much snow there is on the trails.

BinDerSmokDat

Post by BinDerSmokDat » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:00 pm

Almost forgot, Santa brought me an HD Helmet Cam for Xmas...so any mishaps will be caught on film in full 1080p glory! I just hope it isn't me!

IVANGROZNEY
Party Member
Party Member

Post by IVANGROZNEY » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:48 pm

Sounds like 5 for the 8th. I should pm the Smith brothers. Got me a new winch from Harbor Freight at a major discount. Have a chord on order for the old one. I contacted the Head Cheeze Berger about Polar Bear patches. He has not gotten back to me yet. It would be bending the rules so I would not blame him for not going for it. Offically you have to be a registered member of CURD, you can do that by joining their site, and ride for atleast an hour on newyers eve or new years day and sumbit pictures to qualify for a polar bear patch. Next year we should plan on doing a New Years day ride and call it 'The CURD Eastern Seaboard Polar Bear Ride' As Vice Commissar of the Eastern Seaboard Division of CURD I think I'm qualified to do that. This will be a "Riders of the Eastern Front Mid Atlantic Chapter/Jersey Devil Hunters" Ride. All you have to do to join is show up on a Russian motorcycle.
New Jersey Ken
95 Solo

digitalebola
Comrade General
Comrade General

Post by digitalebola » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:52 pm

I was watching some YouTube videos ofba previous ride up there... Y'all looked like you were have a ton of fun!
2005 Patrol

IVANGROZNEY
Party Member
Party Member

Post by IVANGROZNEY » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:02 pm

This is going to be our first winter ride. Hopfully there wil be just enought snow to make it fun. It's for day trippers only, the campground is closed for the season and the nearest motel is 30 miles away.
New Jersey Ken
95 Solo

BinDerSmokDat

Post by BinDerSmokDat » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:58 am

IVANGROZNEY wrote: Offically you have to be a registered member of CURD, you can do that by joining their site, and ride for atleast an hour on newyers eve or new years day and sumbit pictures to qualify for a polar bear patch.
Herhe, I did that anyway. Went out on NYD and filmed the ride with the new helmet cam! I'm not fussed about a patch though, I ride both bikes throughout the winter anyway and in much colder weather than our 51F New Years Day.

ReCycled

Post by ReCycled » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:43 pm

This is starting to look like a true Winter ride. The forecast is in the 20's with some snow.

Don't let me lead, I might just head down Quaker Bridge and then out Stokes Road to the Picalilli for for some hot soup.
David B.
'07 Ural Twourist

IVANGROZNEY
Party Member
Party Member

Post by IVANGROZNEY » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:52 pm

I might have to breakout my real cold weather gear because I'm too lazy and may not have the time to put on my windshield and leg guards. Good news is I got my bike started today. I tried real hard on the first, wanted to do a real polar bear ride. The problem was probably water in the gas from condensation. I pulled the float bowels and dumped them out today and put in the new compliance fittings while I was at it. Started when I was almost ready to give up. Sounds good. The battery is still weak and I need to take it for a ride to charge it. Or that might happen saturday.
New Jersey Ken
95 Solo

ReCycled

Post by ReCycled » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:52 pm

No worries Ken, I mean it's not like we don't have practice push starting your bike 8)

Looks like we might just get that fresh inch or so snow tomorrow. I put the snow tire on last night and I should be good to go Saturday!
David B.
'07 Ural Twourist