T.U.R.D. October Rally in Hot Springs, Arkansas

Planning a local ride or a Rally? Let other folks know here so they can ride along.
Forum rules
This is the place to plan a ride or let others know about upcoming rides. Please post stories and/or pictures of the ride once it happens in the "Ride Reports" section. Please put the city and state of the rally or start of the ride so folks can attend.
Heiffelfinger
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Re: T.U.R.D. October Rally in Hot Springs, Arkansas

Post by Heiffelfinger » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:53 pm

2 months away!

So what's the estimated head count anyway?
Sounds like it's gonna be a nice turn out. Oh, count me in; I'll be there!

I haven't been in them hills since I bought my rig from Wagner's... hmmm 2 1/2 yrs ago. :D
My very first ride on pavement began in those hills and ended about 6 hrs later in North Dallas. :oops:
I can't wait to go back! :moto:
'05 Deutsche Patrol

"People understand me so poorly that they don't even understand my complaint about them not understanding me."
- Soren Kierkegaard

geojag
Party Member
Party Member

Post by geojag » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:28 pm

Here is an update regarding the TURD outing to the KOA in Hot Springs. I just made a Kabin reservation for Oct. 1-3, with running water and beds. Lee the manger said, that all 4 of the kabins with restrooms are now rented. There are 2 lodges on the pond that sleep 5 or so but go for large $$$ :? . She also said that we have reserved most if not all the kamping spots (using k's for KOA). I updated the group name that she had as Euro's :shock: . I told here we were the TURD's :wtf: riding Urals. She got a kick out of that, I think. I am trying to get one of our newest dealers, Steve Hudson from Atomic Brown's Cycle here in Oklahoma City to ride over with me, it depends on if he gets a kitchen pass from Kernal Klink. He has a new Solo coming in, or he could ride his Gear-Up or he is an orginal airhead and has a sweet older beemer :wub: :wub: . Welll anyway a large time should be had by all, I look forward to meeting everyone and this damn weather :hot: to let up just a bit. Until The TURD bowl, ride with pride. JAG
Experience is a brutal teacher,
But you learn, my god do you learn.

C.S. Lewis

2010 Ural "T"
2005 Stella w/ Hack

SwampFox
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by SwampFox » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:39 am

Add 2 more to the count for Saturday. We plan to ride up Saturday morning and join y'all -- Jena on her Burgman rig and me on my Sportster rig. We'd sure enjoy riding back home on Sunday with some folks heading towards Northwest Louisiana or Northeast Texas.
Lee
Shreveport, LA
Lee
USCA South Central Director
Summer Grove, LA USA
R1100GS with CSM Sidecar
CRF250L + TW200
Burgman with Texas Ranger <Mrs. SwampFox's

cmaridersa
Comrade General
Comrade General

Post by cmaridersa » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:04 pm

I've been collecting a couple or three door prizes for the TURD. They range from a pair of gloves to a between the bike and sidecar rack (latest version) donated by PeteT, ural rider extraordinaire from Las Vegas.

If anyone has anything, bring it along and we'll distribute tickets and have a drawing at some point.
:party:
Earl
http://www.cmausa.org
2004 Ural Patrol - Molly Tov
2000 R1150GS/Ural sidecar
2008 Suzuki Bandit w/TX Ranger sidecar---for sale

Mud Pie
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Mud Pie » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:54 pm

I will, without fail, be bringing some of my "ghetto-fabulous" TURD Rally coozies from our last get together... I still have WAY too many left over, so if you don't want one, keep me away from your hack trunks, jacket pockets, tent/cabin doors, etc., as I will be running around trying to hide them like a squirrel hiding acorns.....
2005 Ural Gear Up with DP-28 replica
Patriot Guard Rider

"I don't drive a Ural to make great time, I drive a Ural to have a great time."

"There is no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws." - Ayn Rand "Atlas Shrugged"

Woodface
Party Member
Party Member

Post by Woodface » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:32 am

I live in Little Rock. If you guys don't mind an Arkie/n00b riding over on Saturday morning and tagging along with you guys... it would be fun to ride with/meet some other uralistas.
Steve

2005 Patrol - "Катя"
Modtop Airbox
Modtop Pipes
Carb Jets 45/65/135
PowerArc

Mud Pie
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Mud Pie » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:02 am

Woodface wrote:I live in Little Rock. If you guys don't mind an Arkie/n00b riding over on Saturday morning and tagging along with you guys... it would be fun to ride with/meet some other uralistas.
C'mon over !! Always welcome to add another to the TURD pile !!

Maybe we should see if the KOA will let us do a few rally games while we are there (Anyone ever play "Honey, I'm home !" at a bike rally ? Fun as hell)
Patriot Guard Rider

"There is no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws." - Ayn Rand "Atlas Shrugged"

bayourick
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by bayourick » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:16 pm

I'll be there on my newly acquired 1992 R100GS
The journey is the destination

Oldtimer
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Oldtimer » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:00 am

bayourick wrote:I'll be there on my newly acquired 1992 R100GS
Considering I'm always being asked if my Ural is a BMW, I was wondering if you're always being asked if your BMW is a Ural? :D
Barry
2003 BMW GS 650
2013 Honda CRF 250 dual srport
2012 Vespa 150LX
2008 Yamaha XT 225
2015 Ural CT
1966 Triumph Bonneville
2014 Suzuki DR 650
Longview, TX

Rib Eye Steak Ride
http://sovietsteeds.com/forums/viewtopi ... steak+ride

DaveO
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by DaveO » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:07 pm

The 'ghetto-fabulous' coozies have piqued my curiosity... :cheers: :clap:
'00 CMSI Patrol

Mud Pie
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Mud Pie » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:14 pm

Well, when ya see them, after the uncontrollable giggle, you'll look at it in amazement, turn it over in your hand a few times, then feel an unwarranted sense of obligation to put the POS on your drink of choice !! :lol:
Patriot Guard Rider

DaveO
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by DaveO » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:52 pm

Mud Pie wrote:Well, when ya see them, after the uncontrollable giggle, you'll look at it in amazement, turn it over in your hand a few times, then feel an unwarranted sense of obligation to put the POS on your drink of choice !! :lol:

Awesome!! I've been looking for something that carried an unwarranted obligation....:party: :party:
'00 CMSI Patrol

Barbosa
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Barbosa » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:14 am

Rig'll be done this weekend. Have insurance now too.
Tin Man's bringing me some wood planks to finish off my trailer tomorrow. Then the lights and plates will be on it.
Monday the rig will be inspected and registered.
My car will have a new water pump (Tuesday) and hitch put on sometime this next week.
After the hitch is on, I'll take the trailer to a mech friend who will let me use his welder and I'll modify the trailer a bit.

Talk about calling it close, huh?
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and skepticism to put all our trust in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.

Barbosa
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Barbosa » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:15 am

Those of you who have been to Hot Springs need to list places of good to excellent eating!!!
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and skepticism to put all our trust in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.

Schdoja
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Schdoja » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:51 pm

My RPOC is making strange noises and vibrations, possible main bearing problem. :( I thinking about a swap to a 750 but I don't think it will be ready in time. Unless someone has an extra engine laying around. So can I still come if I'm riding my Honda. :oops:
2003 Ural Tourist "Cajun Queen"
2001 Ural Bavarian Classic "Svetlana"
1985 Honda V65 Sabre
1972 Vespa Primavera 125 "Gina"
2008 Vespa LX50 w/150 engine "Angelo"