T.U.R.D. October Rally in Hot Springs, Arkansas

Planning a local ride or a Rally? Let other folks know here so they can ride along.
Forum rules
This is the place to plan a ride or let others know about upcoming rides. Please post stories and/or pictures of the ride once it happens in the "Ride Reports" section. Please put the city and state of the rally or start of the ride so folks can attend.
Woodface
Party Member
Party Member

Re: T.U.R.D. October Rally in Hot Springs, Arkansas

Post by Woodface » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:46 am

Hey guys.

Just wanted to let you know I got the bike home fine after a little wrenching and late night deer dodging. It was a good time and nice to meet you folks!

I think my Type V is giving up the ghost. I will post in Hammerin' and Wrenchin'.
Steve

2005 Patrol - "Катя"
Modtop Airbox
Modtop Pipes
Carb Jets 45/65/135
PowerArc

DaveO
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by DaveO » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:10 am

Woodface wrote:Hey guys.

Just wanted to let you know I got the bike home fine after a little wrenching and late night deer dodging. It was a good time and nice to meet you folks!

I think my Type V is giving up the ghost. I will post in Hammerin' and Wrenchin'.
A pleasure meeting you also, as well as everyone else, always fun to be able to put faces to screen-names...glad to hear your ride home was uneventful :clap: :)
'00 CMSI Patrol

Mud Pie
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Mud Pie » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:13 pm

Woodface wrote:Hey guys.

I'm REALLY glad to hear that ! :boogie:

Your telling us to "go on" and leave you there goes against everything I've ever done with Jeepin', riding, and military...."never leave a man behind"....

But it looked like you wanted to spend a little "alone time" with your rig without a dozen of us untrained, uncertified, Ural mechanics all bent over and wrenching on your rig.... :oops:
2005 Ural Gear Up with DP-28 replica
Patriot Guard Rider

"I don't drive a Ural to make great time, I drive a Ural to have a great time."

"There is no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws." - Ayn Rand "Atlas Shrugged"

Woodface
Party Member
Party Member

Post by Woodface » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:44 am

Well, I knew you guys would stay.. but I did want to be the guy to spoil the fun... the dumb thing on my part is that I should have gotten one of your cell phone numbers before I waved you on... for your peace of mind and mine. But I figured I could get her running again.

I was in town... worst case scenario I would have walked to a hotel... or grabbed a cab to the KOA and showed up and said... "um... hey guys?"...
Steve

2005 Patrol - "Катя"
Modtop Airbox
Modtop Pipes
Carb Jets 45/65/135
PowerArc

flicka
Comrade
Comrade

Post by flicka » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:50 am

a1930ford wrote:Hummmmmmm....must be something interesting going on there...just a rumor, but they may have some explaining to do when they return. :-)
Glad to hear everyone had a great time and no 'events' ! This time of year in Hot Springs is the best, all the tourists have gone home for 3 months. Our population quadruples 9 months out of the year, 'tourism' is the industry here along with thoroughbreds, bass fishing tournaments, Tyson chicken ranches and logging. :D

John BG - We greatly appreciate you posting on our behalf, letting the group know we would not be available during the rally !

My 81 yr old mom has been in ER/ICU 5 times this year and almost didn't make it out, each time was worse. I just got back, spent almost 6 weeks up north in our old stomping grounds, Laporte, IN, assisting my mom with her affairs. I really appreciate the support during this difficult time from the Ural owners, our friends, you know which ones you are. We have been through a lot in the past 15 years together, but that's what friends are for. Mike managed to keep the walls standing in my absence and now everything is back to being abnormal as usual.

As most of you know, we ceased being a Ural dealer in June 2010. We still have about $25K in parts, Ural dealer cost on the shelves and are cleaning house. I have been busy taking pictures and counting inventory to market what we don't need (Ural, Triumph, Honda, Cushman). Amazing what one will collect over the years, not just what we acquired since opening in 1994, but Mike's dad's shop, the original Wagner's Cycle, Inc, Michigan City, IN from 1951(Honda,Triumph, Cushman, Rupp, Western, etc. dealer for 32 years). We are still servicing the Urals, phone/email tech support and offering accessories, body work and custom applications. We have expanded, gone back to our early beginnings: doing complete frame off restoration of the vintage Honda & Triumph motorcycles along with British sports cars -Triumph & MGB. We LOVE what we do and we'll always be here for YOU !!

Just wanted to FYI the group, can't stand 'rumors', you people know we shoot straight from the hip. 8) Have a GREAT one, thanks again for your understanding,

Flicka
Felicia D Landes, co owner
Wagner's Cycle Shop
IMZ-Ural Dealer Sept. 1995 - June 2010
http://www.wagnerscycle.us
AMA, ISOK, NARMA, USCA
870-356-2009

flicka
Comrade
Comrade

Post by flicka » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:19 am

Just had an interesting inquiry about our "sale" and thought it would be good to clarify our position:

Question: "Do you plan to sell all of the items individually on eBay or is there plans to sell some of it off in larger quantities?"

Answer: "Our marketing plan has always been individual sales whether at the shop, our website or online classifieds. This is not a 'fire sale', we just want to move some of the items we have no further use of. Our shop will remain stocked with the important items to support our customer base and sustain healthy sales."

Have a great weekend everyone !
Flicka
Felicia D Landes, co owner
Wagner's Cycle Shop
IMZ-Ural Dealer Sept. 1995 - June 2010
http://www.wagnerscycle.us
AMA, ISOK, NARMA, USCA
870-356-2009

Spat
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Spat » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:59 pm

My wife and I were just back in SoMo for a few days and I sure miss those back country roller coaster roads they are custom made for Uraling. Our friends giving us dirictions to there farm said now the gravel roads ar rough getting here, Hah smooth as silk I could just imaging get the hack drifting on them. Naturally our talk turned to riding the Ural back there next fall to visit folks and take in the country side.
I'll keep eye open to see if the TURD happens down in that part of the territory again next year.
Spat
FLHGSSXDR.Patrol
Proud member of the Patrol Patrol

Fall in love with a person who enjoys your madness
Red Green: If life gives you lemons, throw 'em into a quart of vodka.
Red Green: Duct tape or zip tie,,, fixed is fixed

If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we're going.
Irwin Corey