T.U.R.D. October Rally in Hot Springs, Arkansas

Planning a local ride or a Rally? Let other folks know here so they can ride along.
Forum rules
This is the place to plan a ride or let others know about upcoming rides. Please post stories and/or pictures of the ride once it happens in the "Ride Reports" section. Please put the city and state of the rally or start of the ride so folks can attend.
Barbosa
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

T.U.R.D. October Rally in Hot Springs, Arkansas

Post by Barbosa » Sun May 23, 2010 10:00 pm

Well folks,

It was decided to hold our 2nd half 2010 rally in Hot Springs, Arkansas. We usually hold it on the 2nd weekend of October, but may swing it a couple weeks either way.

We're hoping that we can draw in at LEAST some of you from Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi and of course, Texas. I understand there's some really good riding there. And we'll probably make our way to see Wagners. Order a few weeks in advance and pick it up while we're there.

Ya got roughly 5 months to plan it. We'll seeya there.
Last edited by Barbosa on Mon May 24, 2010 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and skepticism to put all our trust in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.

Tin Man
Commissar
Commissar

Re: T.U.R.D. October Rally in Hot Springs, Arkansas

Post by Tin Man » Sun May 23, 2010 11:26 pm

Been there several times. The bathhouse at the Hotel Arlington is aces... :thumbsup: .....riding around thru the hills oughta be a blast. Lookin forward to it. 8)
Mike
2007 GearUp (Arctic #1)
130/45 jets, KTM rock solid mirrors, Delaware Dave's outstanding trunk lock, Mr. Cob's most excellent skid plate, Cycra Probend smashproof hand guards, Duro strong like bull 307's, RotoPax damn near bulletproof fuel cans, MKIII all but water proof air box and Dimples super duper magnetic drain plugs all around...oh yeah, and a manual fuel petcock.

.........if you see something that needs doing, just do it........

Oldtimer
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Oldtimer » Tue May 25, 2010 7:45 am

I've been laying out the route for our (Charlie and my and anyone else that's interested) "Black Powder" ride which will visit the famous Nat Park Civil War Battle fields in Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, North and South Carolina, Virginia and Tennessee. The ride will end at the TURD rally in Hot Springs.
Barry
2003 BMW GS 650
2013 Honda CRF 250 dual srport
2012 Vespa 150LX
2008 Yamaha XT 225
2015 Ural CT
1966 Triumph Bonneville
2014 Suzuki DR 650
Longview, TX

Rib Eye Steak Ride
http://sovietsteeds.com/forums/viewtopi ... steak+ride

Mud Pie
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Mud Pie » Wed May 26, 2010 12:07 am

If it becomes a definite, I vote we all stay at the KOA in Hot Springs.

I've stayed there in the past, it has everything we need, even "kabins" with interior plumbing (the ladies require that.....).

They used to serve a kick butt pancake breakfast in the mornings, don't know if they still do that.

Having us all stay at one spot makes the rally a lot more fun; no one peeling off to get back to the hotel, campground, etc. We just all pick one picnic table, sit around the campfire and tell lies.

The way a rally should be..... :lol:
2005 Ural Gear Up with DP-28 replica
Patriot Guard Rider

"I don't drive a Ural to make great time, I drive a Ural to have a great time."

"There is no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws." - Ayn Rand "Atlas Shrugged"

Barbosa
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Barbosa » Wed May 26, 2010 1:11 pm

Mud Pie wrote:If it becomes a definite, I vote we all stay at the KOA in Hot Springs.

I've stayed there in the past, it has everything we need, even "kabins" with interior plumbing (the ladies require that.....).

They used to serve a kick butt pancake breakfast in the mornings, don't know if they still do that.

Having us all stay at one spot makes the rally a lot more fun; no one peeling off to get back to the hotel, campground, etc. We just all pick one picnic table, sit around the campfire and tell lies.

The way a rally should be..... :lol:
I agree. The problem is getting the Warden to agree.

The KOA in Hot Springs:
Kamping lodge: This is a one room lodge, that sleeps 5 people, has a full bath & small kitchenette. Near the pool, arcade, playground and store! DON'T FORGET YOUR LINENS! $110.00 per night.

Standard Kottage: Our standard Kottages provide room for up to 4 with complete bathroom. Small refrigerator and microwave available. Enjoy the quiet from your front porch swing. DON'T FORGET YOUR LINENS! $78.00 per night

1 room Kabin: Located near clean restrooms, pool, laundry, and store. They sleep up to 4 people. DON'T FORGET THE LINENS! $55.00 per night

Look at it this way. I ain't spending $110.00 a night anywhere.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and skepticism to put all our trust in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.

bayourick
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by bayourick » Thu May 27, 2010 9:41 pm

Every time I have went to the Ozarks in Ar I have stayed at Lake Catherine state park. There are 17 waterfalls within driving distance of it, But count me in any way. I will stay wherever you guys do and can show you some great rides on state park and forest service roads $18 per night for tent.
If you have time a must see is lost valley around Ponca for the elk, deer and bears. I have photographed up there for weeks at a time
The journey is the destination

bayourick
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by bayourick » Thu May 27, 2010 10:28 pm

Oldtimer you need to hit Pea ridge in Ar. also. My great grandfather was there with Co G 8th Tx inf CSA

Mud Pie
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Mud Pie » Thu May 27, 2010 10:40 pm

Barbosa wrote: I agree. The problem is getting the Warden to agree.

The KOA in Hot Springs:
Kamping lodge: This is a one room lodge, that sleeps 5 people, has a full bath & small kitchenette. Near the pool, arcade, playground and store! DON'T FORGET YOUR LINENS! $110.00 per night.

Standard Kottage: Our standard Kottages provide room for up to 4 with complete bathroom. Small refrigerator and microwave available. Enjoy the quiet from your front porch swing. DON'T FORGET YOUR LINENS! $78.00 per night

1 room Kabin: Located near clean restrooms, pool, laundry, and store. They sleep up to 4 people. DON'T FORGET THE LINENS! $55.00 per night

Well, Hot Springs is a tourist town, so that'll be the going price, or higher, for any hotel there....unless you want to sleep by the airport/railroad with one eye open on yer rig, if you want lower than 78 bucks... :)

The Standard Kottage for 4 isn't really for 4. Well, 4 midgets or 4 really, REALLY close friends. I think KOA uses the same yard stick as tent manufacturers when giving "people amounts". I have a three man tent that I used to take backpacking. It barely had enough room for me and my gear. I used to call it my "three fig tent" because the only way three men could fit in there was if they slept on top of each other. Yeah, yeah, I know, not politically correct, just passing it on..... :oops:
Patriot Guard Rider

"There is no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws." - Ayn Rand "Atlas Shrugged"

bayourick
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by bayourick » Thu May 27, 2010 10:47 pm

Mud Pie wrote:
Barbosa wrote: I agree. The problem is getting the Warden to agree.

The KOA in Hot Springs:

Well, Hot Springs is a tourist town, so that'll be the going price, or higher, for any hotel there....unless you want to sleep by the airport/railroad with one eye open on yer rig, if you want lower than 78 bucks... :)

The Standard Kottage for 4 isn't really for 4. Well, 4 midgets or 4 really, REALLY close friends. I think KOA uses the same yard stick as tent manufacturers when giving "people amounts". I have a three man tent that I used to take backpacking. It barely had enough room for me and my gear. I used to call it my "three fig tent" because the only way three men could fit in there was if they slept on top of each other. Yeah, yeah, I know, not politically correct, just passing it on..... :oops:
Yep exactly why I avoided Hot springs and stayed at the state parks

Darman
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Darman » Thu May 27, 2010 11:27 pm

Barbosa wrote: We're hoping that we can draw in at LEAST some of you from Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi and of course, Texas.

what about Missouri?? I ain't invited?? :( you best keep it a secret or I will crash the rally! There is a dealer who's business is called "Artrac" that sells Urals not far from there too. artrac@centurytel.net,it is in Clarksville Arkansas, ask for Chris. I don't know if you guys want to go by there or not.
09 NATO green Gear Up
73 ironhead "fatster"
3 horses and a mule ( the mule counts as a sidecar....)

"better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it", Capt. Woodrow Call

Brutus
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by Brutus » Thu May 27, 2010 11:49 pm

Last time I went by, I though Artrac was closed. My folks live close to Little Rock. I may have to make it a 2-fer type trip...unless I can finangle Uncle Sam to pay my way :lol: Late Sept would be best for me (anniversary 2nd week and major conference I must attend 3rd week)
Russ DeWald
2005 Patrol
"Зеленый кабана" The Green Boar

Darman
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Darman » Thu May 27, 2010 11:55 pm

Brutus wrote:Last time I went by, I though Artrac was closed. My folks live close to Little Rock. I may have to make it a 2-fer type trip...unless I can finangle Uncle Sam to pay my way :lol: Late Sept would be best for me (anniversary 2nd week and major conference I must attend 3rd week)

I got email from him in January , I will send a follow up and see if he is still doin the do
09 NATO green Gear Up
73 ironhead "fatster"

"better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it", Capt. Woodrow Call

Mud Pie
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Mud Pie » Fri May 28, 2010 12:15 am

Darman wrote:
Barbosa wrote: We're hoping that we can draw in at LEAST some of you from Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi and of course, Texas.

what about Missouri?? I ain't invited?? :( you best keep it a secret or I will crash the rally! There is a dealer who's business is called "Artrac" that sells Urals not far from there too. artrac@centurytel.net,it is in Clarksville Arkansas, ask for Chris. I don't know if you guys want to go by there or not.
Of course you're invited !!

You don't have to be from Texas to be a TURD.... :P A native Texan in Texas is as rare as an over age 30 California woman with her original boobs !! :)

Most of us Turders are from "someplace else". I, myself, hail from Long Island.

One of the reasons we thought about Hot Springs was the very idea of others coming in from other states (we already told each other all our lies; we need fresh ears...).
Patriot Guard Rider

Darman
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Darman » Fri May 28, 2010 12:18 am

what about some fresh lies????
09 NATO green Gear Up
73 ironhead "fatster"

Barbosa
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Barbosa » Fri May 28, 2010 7:24 am

Darman wrote:

I missed Missouri...sorry. Of course your invited!
I called Artrac this past Tuseday and he's out of the business. Selling tractors only.