Ghost Rider

Here's a place for the group to discuss their other brands of bikes, hobbies, and personal interests not related to Ural & Dnepr Sidecar rigs. But not politics...
Forum rules
Here's the place to chat about off-topic stuff, hobbies, and other toys you got. No political posts, they will be deleted and the poster warned. We're not always "politically correct", but the Steeds site is apolitical.
Lofty
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Ghost Rider

Post by Lofty » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:56 pm

Requiesce in pace.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... h49xTOjfiY

"Neil Peart, the drummer and lyricist for Rush, died Tuesday, January 7th, in Santa Monica, California at age 67, according to Elliot Mintz, a family spokesperson. The cause was brain cancer, which he had been quietly battling for three-and-a-half years. A representative for the band confirmed the news to Rolling Stone.

Peart was one of rock’s greatest drummers, with a flamboyant yet utterly precise style that paid homage to his hero, the Who’s Keith Moon, while going well beyond that example. He joined singer-bassist Geddy Lee and guitarist Alex Lifeson in Rush in 1974, and his virtuosic playing and literate, wildly imaginative lyrics – which drew on Ayn Rand and science fiction, among other influences – helped make the trio one of the essential bands of the classic-rock era. His drum fills on songs like 'Tom Sawyer' were pop hooks in their own right, each one an unforgettable mini-composition. A rigorous autodidact and a gifted writer, Peart was also the author of numerous books.

In a statement released Friday afternoon, Lee and Lifeson called Peart their 'friend, soul brother and bandmate over 45 years,' and said he had been 'incredibly brave' in his battle with glioblastoma, an aggressive form of brain cancer. 'We ask that friends, fans, and media alike understandably respect the family’s need for privacy and peace at this extremely painful and difficult time,' Lee and Lifeson said. 'Those wishing to express their condolences can choose a cancer research group or charity of their choice and make a donation in Neil Peart’s name. Rest in peace, brother.'”
Inventory:
2018 Ural Gear Up
2015 Suzuki DR650
1991 Bianchi Osprey
1952 Columbia RX-5 ('87, NOS)

rivers

Re: Ghost Rider

Post by rivers » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:24 pm

RIP sir.
My apologies to Lofty for tweaking his thread. If any one is a fan and wants to read his book "Ghost Rider" drop me a PM and I'll ship it to you for free and no return necessary.
Joe
014 GU
"I'm lost but I'm making good time."

rd.king
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Ghost Rider

Post by rd.king » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:02 pm

RIP Neil

The way he chose to travel on tour by riding his bike from gig to gig
and having his own tour bus meet him at way points and show venues was inspiring.
His books are worth a read in my opinion.
1942 WLC Harley Davidson
1943 WLC Harley Davidson
1975 FLH Harley Davidson
2001 FLHR Harley Davidson
2006 Ural patrol