Pedal Power - Bikes, lets see them!

Here's a place for the group to discuss their other brands of bikes, hobbies, and personal interests not related to Ural & Dnepr Sidecar rigs. But not politics...
Forum rules
Here's the place to chat about off-topic stuff, hobbies, and other toys you got. No political posts, they will be deleted and the poster warned. We're not always "politically correct", but the Steeds site is apolitical.
User avatar
cheeseheadmike
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2021
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2021
Posts: 818
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:03 pm
Location: Elburn, IL 60119

Re: Pedal Power - Bikes, lets see them!

Post by cheeseheadmike » Sat May 14, 2022 9:36 am

Dragged this one down for a tweed ride later this morning.
Image
cheeseheadmike

1973 Velosolex 3800-slow, 1977 Velosolex 4600-really slow
1979 Honda CX500-not slow at all
Various bicycles from 1947 to 2018-slow to fast, depending on my mood
2007 Ural Gear Up

User avatar
jaybird
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov
Posts: 3625
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:41 am
Location: The foothills of the Forked River Mountains, West Barnegat NJ (Do It In The Pines!) 08005

Re: Pedal Power - Bikes, lets see them!

Post by jaybird » Sat May 14, 2022 11:35 am

This is one of my “beaters”, 36x2 1/4 tire.
474607FD-F963-4268-8D6D-3C7756187080.jpeg
I usually have this with me at the shows and swap meets that I like to attend.


Happy trails,
Jaybird
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2005 Gear-Up, Mr. Nat_ural 108,000+ Kilometers and counting
2013 Retro, Black beauty, AKA Lucky "13"
1995 Olive Tourist
1975 Enfield Diesel Bullet
2008 Enfield Bullet 500
1974 BMW R 75/6
Etc.

User avatar
Wildhorse Cafe
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2021
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2021
Posts: 2544
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:28 pm
Location: Pilot Mountain, NC

Re: Pedal Power - Bikes, lets see them!

Post by Wildhorse Cafe » Sat May 14, 2022 7:01 pm

Long gone are the days of my of down hill knobby popping racing. I repurposed my 28 spd KHS into a urban warrior. First to go was the hard narrow seat. T-bar was next to go replaced by five inch rise handle bars and new cabling for the brakes and shifters. Three inches of the gooseneck had to go, done by a local welder. I removed the knobbies and install street slicks.. And the piece de resistance were the fenders ty-wrapped to the frame. She's a sweet ride we've had twenty-five years together and I can climb walls with her.

[https://1drv.ms/f/s!AilBLNSriQhGgd4qGkOb3LbodPXNzQ]
2011 Patrol, The Higgs Bison Super Collider, formally known as, the Orange and Silver Pumpkin Coach.

2013 Black Retro, Chernaya Krasota, formally known as, my name is nobody.

When you set out on your journey to Ithaca
pray the road is long , full of adventure, full of knowledge
not expecting that Ithaca will offer you riches
Ithaca has given you the beautiful voyage

C.P. Cavafy

User avatar
tgtrotter
Commissar
Commissar
Posts: 1491
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:41 pm
Location: Southside of The Grapevine, 91384

Re: Pedal Power - Bikes, lets see them!

Post by tgtrotter » Sun May 15, 2022 12:25 pm

Wildhorse Cafe wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 7:01 pm
Long gone are the days of my of down hill knobby popping racing. I repurposed my 28 spd KHS into a urban warrior. First to go was the hard narrow seat. T-bar was next to go replaced by five inch rise handle bars and new cabling for the brakes and shifters. Three inches of the gooseneck had to go, done by a local welder. I removed the knobbies and install street slicks.. And the piece de resistance were the fenders ty-wrapped to the frame. She's a sweet ride we've had twenty-five years together and I can climb walls with her.

[https://1drv.ms/f/s!AilBLNSriQhGgd4qGkOb3LbodPXNzQ]
jaybird wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:35 am
This is one of my “beaters”, 36x2 1/4 tire.

474607FD-F963-4268-8D6D-3C7756187080.jpeg

I usually have this with me at the shows and swap meets that I like to attend.


Happy trails,
Jaybird
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
2007 Woodland Green Patrol :foilhead:
Powertrain OEM
2004 FLTRI :machinegun:
1992 Trek 830 :P

User avatar
chaos2
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2021
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2021
Posts: 6102
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:58 am
Location: sw ohio

Re: Pedal Power - Bikes, lets see them!

Post by chaos2 » Sun May 15, 2022 12:38 pm

Me last Thursday. All you old farts out there ought to try this!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Past afflictions include limey cars and motorbikes, an R60/2, R65ls, & a Citroen.
Now bunch of bicycles, a still running '87 K75s,
and a trusty & rusty 2012 GU bought new
Dual K&N cones on homemade PVC intake, 40/137.5
Raceway needles, Modtop pipes, E starter delete
$29 VW Hydraulic steering dampener

User avatar
cheeseheadmike
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2021
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2021
Posts: 818
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:03 pm
Location: Elburn, IL 60119

Re: Pedal Power - Bikes, lets see them!

Post by cheeseheadmike » Sun May 15, 2022 3:55 pm

chaos2 wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 12:38 pm
Me last Thursday. All you old farts out there ought to try this!
Good on ya. :cheers:

I'm just working on getting myself back into shape for that. I used to do single, double, and triple centuries in my thirties. I did a Tweed Ride with a bunch of like minded idjits yesterday and pulled the 1970 Gitane Mexico fixed gear bike off the work stand for its maiden ride today.
Image
Image
cheeseheadmike

1973 Velosolex 3800-slow, 1977 Velosolex 4600-really slow
1979 Honda CX500-not slow at all
Various bicycles from 1947 to 2018-slow to fast, depending on my mood
2007 Ural Gear Up

User avatar
tgtrotter
Commissar
Commissar
Posts: 1491
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:41 pm
Location: Southside of The Grapevine, 91384

Re: Pedal Power - Bikes, lets see them!

Post by tgtrotter » Sun May 15, 2022 7:24 pm

cheeseheadmike wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 3:55 pm
chaos2 wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 12:38 pm
Me last Thursday. All you old farts out there ought to try this!
Good on ya. :cheers:

I'm just working on getting myself back into shape for that. I used to do single, double, and triple centuries in my thirties. I did a Tweed Ride with a bunch of like minded idjits yesterday and pulled the 1970 Gitane Mexico fixed gear bike off the work stand for its maiden ride today.
Image
Image
chaos2 wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 12:38 pm
Me last Thursday. All you old farts out there ought to try this!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
2007 Woodland Green Patrol :foilhead:
Powertrain OEM
2004 FLTRI :machinegun:
1992 Trek 830 :P

User avatar
cheeseheadmike
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2021
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2021
Posts: 818
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:03 pm
Location: Elburn, IL 60119

Re: Pedal Power - Bikes, lets see them!

Post by cheeseheadmike » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:36 am

Found this in N.Wisconsin this week.
Image

It's a DeSoto branded trike and as I have a four wheeled DeSoto from 1948, I figured they should be garage mates. The big ol' plate over the axle sure looks inviting for a small engine. The last registration on it is from 81.
cheeseheadmike

1973 Velosolex 3800-slow, 1977 Velosolex 4600-really slow
1979 Honda CX500-not slow at all
Various bicycles from 1947 to 2018-slow to fast, depending on my mood
2007 Ural Gear Up

User avatar
hoyden
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel
Posts: 268
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:54 pm
Location: Carbondale, IL
Contact:

Re: Pedal Power - Bikes, lets see them!

Post by hoyden » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:04 am

My old Gary Fisher. Bought it from a friend who races road bicycles and she hadn't ridden this one in ages.
I don't ride it enough anymore. Need to get back to it.

10409231_10204447319657376_3673030205043808404_n(1) (1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
in beautiful southern Illinois
Current:
1998 Suzi DR350
2013 Ural Patrol
1975 Yamahaha RD350 cafe racer project

Past:
1988 & 1989 Honda Hawk NT650s
2006 Ural Troyka
1991 Yamaha DR350
1996 Yamaha DR250
1990 Honda CB-1
1978 Kawi KL250
1978 Yamaha XS650
1970 Yamaha R5
1984 Yamaha RD350LC
1978 Honda Hawk
and prolly a few others I've forgotten about

Post Reply