Fixed vibration, now have a noise: FIXED 600KM update

Woe unto you that bought the first model year of a major remake, perhaps this section can help address any 2014 and later model Ural "imperfections". Here's a special section for folks with the latest rigs to discuss 2014 and later model-related topics such fuel injection, 3-wheel disc brakes, hydraulic steering dampers, spin-on oil filters and other anomalies that don't belong on true Russsian motorcycle ;-P We've gone from using big hammers and greasy wrenches to needing computers and Ouija boards in order to fix our rigs.
Forum rules
Please keep this section specific to issues pertaining to 2014 and later models such as fuel injection, sidecar and rear disc brakes and so forth. Ask general or non-2014 and later specific questions in the main Hammerin' & Wrenchin' section.
Mr Wazzock
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Re: Fixed vibration, now have a noise: FIXED 600KM update

Post by Mr Wazzock » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:56 pm

Pump is switched by the left throttle body ECU. Pretty sure no relay is involved. None shown for that on the wiring diagram anyway. The 3 relays under the seat are only to do with electric starter.

Mike H
2016 Ural cT, in glorious terracotta
(aka Oranzhevaya Opasnost, "The Orange Peril")

phughes
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by phughes » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:17 pm

Yeah, I would start by looking at connections, and switches. I didn't think it was on a relay either. Thanks Mike.

Geno89074

Post by Geno89074 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:33 am

So I had some diagnostic time today. Since this problem started about a month ago I have replaced the battery, checked the charging output at the battery with a volt meter, checked and set the valves, did a compression test (165 psi +/2 psi both cylinders, cold engine, branch tubes removed and throttle butterflies open).

Problem persisted. Removed the seat and tested the 3 relays. Interesting thing: Removed each relay 1 at a time. Starter wouldn't engage but the pump would still prime each time. Cleaned and checked all the relay wire spades and reinstalled with dialectric grease. Then hooked up obd wizpro and found the idle was low (1000 rpm) and the throttle bodies were not balanced above 1800 rpms. Turned the idle up to 1080 rpms and balanced the cables above 1800 rpms. Took it for a 5 mile test ride the stalling hasn't happened yet so I am crossing my fingers for now. Did order a spare relay from Heindl today along with some gaskets. I am hoping this works, have been worried that it could be a bad ecu since the wiring diagram shows the power and ground for the fuel pump operation comes from 2 pins on the left hand ecu.
2014 Ural Patrol
Green Valley
Henderson, Nevada

Mr Wazzock

Post by Mr Wazzock » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:35 am

Interesting thing: Removed each relay 1 at a time. Starter wouldn't engage but the pump would still prime each time.
What did I say, the pump is controlled directly by the left cyl ECU, the relays have nothing to do with it. :lol:
Mike H
2016 Ural cT, in glorious terracotta
(aka Oranzhevaya Opasnost, "The Orange Peril")

Geno89074

Post by Geno89074 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:13 pm

Mr Wazzock wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:35 am
Interesting thing: Removed each relay 1 at a time. Starter wouldn't engage but the pump would still prime each time.
What did I say, the pump is controlled directly by the left cyl ECU, the relays have nothing to do with it. :lol:
Yes Sir....I am checking connections and the wiring harness as I am able to
Bike is still stalling, both at idle and while on the road.
If it is the ecu i will be absolutely astounded and pretty sad
2014 Ural Patrol
Green Valley
Henderson, Nevada