2014 Patrol low idle

Woe unto you that bought the first model year of a major remake, perhaps this section can help address any 2014 and later model Ural "imperfections". Here's a special section for folks with the latest rigs to discuss 2014 and later model-related topics such fuel injection, 3-wheel disc brakes, hydraulic steering dampers, spin-on oil filters and other anomalies that don't belong on true Russsian motorcycle ;-P We've gone from using big hammers and greasy wrenches to needing computers and Ouija boards in order to fix our rigs.
Forum rules
Please keep this section specific to issues pertaining to 2014 and later models such as fuel injection, sidecar and rear disc brakes and so forth. Ask general or non-2014 and later specific questions in the main Hammerin' & Wrenchin' section.
windmill
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Re: 2014 Patrol low idle

Post by windmill » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:29 pm

atlasheating wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:12 am
Thanks for all of the helpful suggestions. I live in Kent, WA. not far from Windmill (where ever he lives) I have seen him on the roads near to me.
I'm on 224th, probably 2 miles from you, and have an OBD2 tool, but I don't have the correct adapter cable for a 2014. :(
If you get, or make a cable I'd be happy to help you out.
Barry

"Take care, sir," cried Sancho. "Those over there are not giants but windmills".

2007 Patrol 100k km and counting,
2018 M70

BlueRockCrawler
Comrade General
Comrade General

Post by BlueRockCrawler » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:18 pm

hotflash44 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:33 am
BlueRockCrawler wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:25 am
Balance AFTER warming up. Hotflash, there's no provision in the electrojet TB's to "adjust" it's self as far as the butterflies or idle air go. I've seen what your saying that they will "follow" each other to an extent and the numbers will jump around, but this is just natural vacuum and Uralness, not any active action on the TB's. The new Keihin's actually have a separate air path with an ECU controlled motor metering the air. If you're OBDwiz doesn't seem to be precise enough, you need to set your MAP scale for metric and look at it in kPa not PSI. Maybe change your scale around, I've not had any problem being able to see an 1/8th turn of thumb screw turning in the software. For the cables, you can put your finger on one where they attach to the TB's, and your eyeballs on the other one, adjust until your finger and eye see movement at exactly the same time, and get them pretty close. Usually, I do this just as a ballpark and I've somehow been spot on with the OBDwiz.
i dont have a issue with my Ural never have ,and i have always had my OBDWiz set on kpa.as per Darrells/mass engineering videos.PSI doesn't register on the power bars very good. i can see how the by ear method works i use it all the time on old cars for carb and timing. :cheers:
LOL, sorry it was late and for some reason, I responded to you instead of Eric N who quoted you, then said that the OBD wasn't sensitive enough for some reason. I had to balance mine after replacing the R TB, then again after replacing the R side piston and cylinder. I had no problems with the OBDwiz software being sensitive enough once I had whole pistons on both sides.
2015 Ural Patrol
1993 Suzuki DR 650
2018 Suzuki DR 650
previous Honda's were
1996 750 Magna
2002 750 shadow A.C.E.
2004 919
1985 500 Magna

hotflash44
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Post by hotflash44 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:59 pm

BlueRockCrawler wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:18 pm
hotflash44 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:33 am
BlueRockCrawler wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:25 am
Balance AFTER warming up. Hotflash, there's no provision in the electrojet TB's to "adjust" it's self as far as the butterflies or idle air go. I've seen what your saying that they will "follow" each other to an extent and the numbers will jump around, but this is just natural vacuum and Uralness, not any active action on the TB's. The new Keihin's actually have a separate air path with an ECU controlled motor metering the air. If you're OBDwiz doesn't seem to be precise enough, you need to set your MAP scale for metric and look at it in kPa not PSI. Maybe change your scale around, I've not had any problem being able to see an 1/8th turn of thumb screw turning in the software. For the cables, you can put your finger on one where they attach to the TB's, and your eyeballs on the other one, adjust until your finger and eye see movement at exactly the same time, and get them pretty close. Usually, I do this just as a ballpark and I've somehow been spot on with the OBDwiz.
i dont have a issue with my Ural never have ,and i have always had my OBDWiz set on kpa.as per Darrells/mass engineering videos.PSI doesn't register on the power bars very good. i can see how the by ear method works i use it all the time on old cars for carb and timing. :cheers:
LOL, sorry it was late and for some reason, I responded to you instead of Eric N who quoted you, then said that the OBD wasn't sensitive enough for some reason. I had to balance mine after replacing the R TB, then again after replacing the R side piston and cylinder. I had no problems with the OBDwiz software being sensitive enough once I had whole pistons on both sides.
no problem, my friend. :cheers:
2016 gear up asphalt grey, name Seryy Medved ,Air America CIA circa 1967/8 Vung Tau Viet Nam USS Tutuila ARG-4 (AND JUST A TOUCH OF AGENT ORANGE!)

atlasheating
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by atlasheating » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:04 am

Thanks Windmill. I will try and contact you in a couple of weeks.

Geno89074

Post by Geno89074 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:42 pm

following eagerly so I can get started using Albuquralque's cable and the adapter to laptop connector just received from obd solutions
Thanks to all the Great Tuning Minds contributing... :lurker:
2014 Ural Patrol