windmill wrote:Finally got around to doing it on my M70, and programming the Redline warning so the spedo flashes red when it's exceeded.
I initially tried the method of wrapping the wire around a spark plug wire, but it was erratic. Rewired it to the gray and white wire on the left coil and it works great now.
What part of the speedometer flashes red, the LCD backlights?
Yes, that's correct.
I adjusted the LCD LEDs so it's kind of an OD green that somewhat matches the color of my rig, and its a good contrast to the red when it flashes. It's kind of a hoot being able to adjust the red, green, and blue back light LED's to "mix" them for a unique color.
For folks who don't know, this is how redline warning, and back light color is adjusted.
Shift Warning RPM Operation:
1. Press both MODE & RESET buttons to go into setting mode.
2. Press MODE button to until It displays the default "RPM r06500", the digit “0” flashes.
each press of the RESET button increments the flashing digit
When desired RPM is set, press and hold mode button for 2 seconds to exit programming mode.
Backlight Color Adjust:
1. Press MODE button to get to the VOLT screen when not moving; push and hold
RESET button for 2 seconds to go into backlight color setting mode.
2. It displays “LED RGB and RX-GX-BX”, the X after R, G and B indicate each color
of Red, Green or Blue color to be adjustable, each color has 10 levels 0, 1, 2,.9
for setting, “0” means the color is off, “9” means the color is turned on 100%.
3. Each press of the RESET button increments the flashing digit by 1, press MODE
button to confirm the flashing digit setting and jump to next digit to be set.
Press MODE button for 2 seconds to finish the setting and go to normal mode