Connected to ECU's and Balanced Throttle Bodies!!!!!!!

Woe unto you that bought the first model year of a major remake, perhaps this section can help address any 2014 and later model Ural "imperfections". Here's a special section for folks with the latest rigs to discuss 2014 and later model-related topics such fuel injection, 3-wheel disc brakes, hydraulic steering dampers, spin-on oil filters and other anomalies that don't belong on true Russsian motorcycle ;-P We've gone from using big hammers and greasy wrenches to needing computers and Ouija boards in order to fix our rigs.
Forum rules
Please keep this section specific to issues pertaining to 2014 and later models such as fuel injection, sidecar and rear disc brakes and so forth. Ask general or non-2014 and later specific questions in the main Hammerin' & Wrenchin' section.
Mr Wazzock
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Re: Connected to ECU's and Balanced Throttle Bodies!!!!!!!

Post by Mr Wazzock » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:36 am

Assuming the above is correct -

My dealer can have exactly the same problem when his computer is plugged in for the diagnostics. So what he does is, have a battery charger plugged in at the same time. On mine, we can turn the headlight off as well.

HTH
Mike H
2016 Ural cT, in glorious terracotta
(aka Oranzhevaya Opasnost, "The Orange Peril")

gobium
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by gobium » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:51 am

Rumor had it!
You can use TwinMax on 2019 ural.

Mr Wazzock

Post by Mr Wazzock » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:08 pm

OK! :D
Mike H

stefano1979

Post by stefano1979 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:19 pm

ok....i resolved!!

Albuquralque
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by Albuquralque » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:12 pm

stefano1979 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:19 pm
ok....i resolved!!

How?
"Put a little gravel in your travel"

Darrell - Albuquralque
2014 Patrol - Babe the Blue Ox
EFI Map OR 1.02
Throttle Body Vacuum Ports
K&N Air Filter
Raceway 2-into-1 Header (Right Side)
Previous Urals Owned: 2004 Wolf, 2006 Tourist, 2006 Patrol (TOW), 2006 Patrol (TOM)

stefano1979

Post by stefano1979 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:19 am

The color of the wires on my obd2 socket was incorrect.
With the tester I checked the wires and I redid the connections.
Unfortunately I can not buy the "professional add on" for obdwiz, the site answers me with a failed transaction.
Are there other software for controlling the two ecu?

Thank you

Stefano from Italy!

AndyH
Comrade
Comrade

Post by AndyH » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:49 pm

Stefano, try emailing OBDWiz. I found them to be quick to respond.

Just an update - Had XXOR_1.03 loaded and my throttles balanced by our Ural Importer. There was little to no difference between my balance with OBDWiz and the Ural software.
Interestingly there are a heap of pointless codes indicated on the Ural software that were also ignored - one ones that come up in red are an issue, none on my bike.
Importer said that sometimes it depends on the way you hold your tongue when you turn on the ignition :)
2015 Ural EU Tourist -

Donbmw

Post by Donbmw » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:48 pm

Those of you that are using the OBDwiz on your laptop. I have not used my laptop for balancing in awhile. Be using a android Bluetooth tablet mounted on the bike. I replaced the RH throttle body and set idles and balance with the tablet. There is a slight lag with the tablet and wanted to compare the Bluetooth to a wired connection. The OBDWIZ needed to a activation code before it would read the bike. After getting that and started to check balance. The only PID that was working was the tach. The PID’s for temps and vacuums were not working. There were no changes looked at the settings for each PID. Was wondering if any one had this issue. The last time I used the laptop was back earlier in the summer when I got everything to use the small tablet on the bike. The OBDWIZ has been updated to the latest version also.
2015 Patrol, 1980 R65, 1982 R65 bought new, 1975 R 90/6, 1959TR3 Triumph

Don

AndyH
Comrade
Comrade

Post by AndyH » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:22 pm

My Laptop OBDwiz has been updated - all of my PID's still work.
What I did find was that I needed to go on-line with the cable plugged in every month or so otherwise it would require the activation code - guessing it is just talking to OBDWiz and verifying the cable.

Make sure that the Professional Add-On is listed as "available" in your licence features screen.
Maybe remove / reinstall the PID's?
2015 Ural EU Tourist -

hotflash44

Post by hotflash44 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:37 pm

i have had the OBDwiz for awhile now, and only used to check that it worked and the throttles were in balance,they were. i don't want to experiment with the bike as it runs great,but if i ever need to balance/adjust the idle how sensitive are the little screws on the bottom of the throttle bodies? :cheers:
2016 gear up asphalt grey, name Seryy Medved ,Air America CIA circa 1967/8 Vung Tau Viet Nam USS Tutuila ARG-4 (AND JUST A TOUCH OF AGENT ORANGE!)

Tomcatfixer
Commissar
Commissar

Post by Tomcatfixer » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:46 pm

if i ever need to balance/adjust the idle how sensitive are the little screws on the bottom of the throttle bodies?
Please remember that the idle stop adjustment screws are only to be used for setting idle and performing throttle body balance at idle. This is only half of your throttle body balancing. You will still need to balance the throttle cables to make sure that they are opening the butterflies equally. you can check to see how sensitive the screws are yourself, by turning them and listening to the idle go up or down.
- Chad

Virginia Beach + Gordonsville, Virginia, USA

Current rides:
2015 Ural cT "Mobile Chernobyl", 2001 Ural Patrol "The Patrol", 1999 Ural Tourist "The RPOC", 1994 Honda VFR750F

Previous rides:
2007 Honda VTR1000 FireStorm (Super Hawk in U.S.)
2001 Buell Blast! - - - - - - - 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
1993 Honda CBR600F2 - -1984 Yamaha FJ1100
Two different 1986 Yamaha FZX700S Fazers

Donbmw

Post by Donbmw » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:09 pm

AndyH wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:22 pm
My Laptop OBDwiz has been updated - all of my PID's still work.
What I did find was that I needed to go on-line with the cable plugged in every month or so otherwise it would require the activation code - guessing it is just talking to OBDWiz and verifying the cable.

Make sure that the Professional Add-On is listed as "available" in your licence features screen.
Maybe remove / reinstall the PID's?
[/qu

I do have the add-on listed. Had planned on reloading the PID’s.
2015 Patrol, 1980 R65, 1982 R65 bought new, 1975 R 90/6, 1959TR3 Triumph

Don

hotflash44

Post by hotflash44 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:26 pm

Tomcatfixer wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:46 pm
if i ever need to balance/adjust the idle how sensitive are the little screws on the bottom of the throttle bodies?
Please remember that the idle stop adjustment screws are only to be used for setting idle and performing throttle body balance at idle. This is only half of your throttle body balancing. You will still need to balance the throttle cables to make sure that they are opening the butterflies equally. you can check to see how sensitive the screws are yourself, by turning them and listening to the idle go up or down.
thanks,i havent used the obdwiz since the day i set it up,so i tried it today and all is perfect even the trail tech tach was spot on. at first i thought the soft ware wasent working, but found that i needed to go to connections and then pick ECU and it came alive. thanks for the advice TCF,your the best :cheers:
2016 gear up asphalt grey, name Seryy Medved ,Air America CIA circa 1967/8 Vung Tau Viet Nam USS Tutuila ARG-4 (AND JUST A TOUCH OF AGENT ORANGE!)

Mr Wazzock

Post by Mr Wazzock » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:47 pm

hotflash44 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:37 pm
i have had the OBDwiz for awhile now, and only used to check that it worked and the throttles were in balance,they were. i don't want to experiment with the bike as it runs great,but if i ever need to balance/adjust the idle how sensitive are the little screws on the bottom of the throttle bodies? :cheers:
extremely

We're talking gnat's whisker fractions of a turn at a time, I've watched the dealer doing it.
Mike H

hotflash44

Post by hotflash44 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:44 am

Mr Wazzock wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:47 pm
hotflash44 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:37 pm
extremely

We're talking gnat's whisker fractions of a turn at a time, I've watched the dealer doing it.
thanks, thats what i needed to hear,hope i don't need to adjust, but someday im sure i will. i have hooked up my laptop with OBDwiz several times and all is staying good since new,7000km hope it stays that way. im one of those guys that until i do something with my own hands and brain im a little apprehensive. years ago i had a issue with taking out a spark plug on a Cushman scooter and to this day i cringe when i take that first crack to loosen a plug. guess im just a Scaredy-cat! :cheers: