EFI mapping....yea or nay ???

Woe unto you that bought the first model year of a major remake, perhaps this section can help address any 2014 and later model Ural "imperfections". Here's a special section for folks with the latest rigs to discuss 2014 and later model-related topics such fuel injection, 3-wheel disc brakes, hydraulic steering dampers, spin-on oil filters and other anomalies that don't belong on true Russsian motorcycle ;-P We've gone from using big hammers and greasy wrenches to needing computers and Ouija boards in order to fix our rigs.
Forum rules
Please keep this section specific to issues pertaining to 2014 and later models such as fuel injection, sidecar and rear disc brakes and so forth. Ask general or non-2014 and later specific questions in the main Hammerin' & Wrenchin' section.
MartyL
Benevolent Emperor
Benevolent Emperor

Re: EFI mapping....yea or nay ???

Post by MartyL » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:01 am

I'm just making an assumption so take it for what it is. I think allot has to do with just the rigs braking in. Maybe what will be found is that there will be a new,"first mapping" while breaking in, then a 2nd. after break in?
2010 Gear Up
1976 Yamaha XS650C
2018 H-D FLHXS
Peace.... God Bless our brave soldiers defending our freedom. God Bless America!
As I get older, I see the wisdom in Hannibal Lecter......
Ladies,Do your part! Prevent MSB often! Save mankind!!!

POROMPOPERO
Comrade
Comrade

Post by POROMPOPERO » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:34 am

sunnyboy wrote:
POROMPOPERO wrote:
Roadking wrote:
Coluralado wrote:To help support Sunnyboy's comments......

I am still running EFI map 1.3. I go out to my rig everymorning, hit the estart and it starts right up, idles fine, and I can let it sit there for a couple of minutes warming up. I drive it 16 miles or so each day to work, and it is smooth, comfortable, and a complete joy to ride. When I get off of work, the routine is much the same.

Don't get me wrong, I love wrenching on a Ural, but there is also great satisfaction in knowing the rig is going to run right everytime I get on it!

:thumbsup:
Couldn't agree more. I hit the start button once, and it starts. I let it idle for a few minutes, and it stays running with no attention needed. I get on, and ride. It rides smooth, no issues.

is not a question of supporting or not Ilya, it seems clear to me that we (here) all support Ilya, at least the logic so determines. It is just a technical opinion, with or without value, of people trying to help. It`s up to Ilya to separate what matters from what does not.
What I heard is that some guys in france made ​​some changes in the compression rate and obtained good results with this EFI, hence they concluded that this would be the way. If they`re right or not i don`t know, but if this is enough to get some "nice" comments by Ilya ... think not.

Good to know that your bikes behave well, as indeed many others I know. It is also good that the 2014 owners who are happy with the bikes (the majority), say here again and again (as you do) to let people know the truth about this issue and not just the bad part as almost always happens.
Did not mean to ofence you, really. What I was trying to say is that we need first hand experience at this point more than anything else. No matter how many tests you do, the serial product and real life experience is completely different story. As of now there are no serial bikes ridden in Europe vs. close to fifty here in the States. What you read on Eurpean forums are theories, interesting maybe, but theories.

We don't see major issues with the current EFI mapping. From what we hear, there are two areas for improvements:
- the mixture seems a bit too lean at the start and low RPM,
- the new map seems not behaving as well at higher elevation.
Nothing which can't be solved with even more testing and tweaking with software.

Ilya
No no, off course not Ilya. Never doubt your intentions. From what i read i know that you`re sober minded enough to understand this kind of comments. People like to talk, talk and talk about things that they don`t perceive nothing about (me included). But it is just the way it is, here and everywhere else. You have to be patient.
Ural: keep remind me who i am whenever you feel i`ve forgot it

`82 Ural side car desert tan
`13 Ural T

siberman1
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Post by siberman1 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:20 pm

deleted
Last edited by siberman1 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my laptop using OEM fingers, ordinary Mouse, and LCD-screen
2014 полынь зеленый гU
Сибирь Экспресс #2

Zero payments

planeflyer21
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by planeflyer21 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:36 pm

Whew!

Glad to know about the finger shaking. I was planning on kicking mine when I get it, while yelling "C'mon your RPOC!" :D
Jon

2Tim2:15

BMW 1983 R80ST Project

POROMPOPERO
Comrade
Comrade

Post by POROMPOPERO » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:27 am

Do you mean retained products of Conception, placental and/or fetal tissue that remains in the uterus after a spontaneous pregnancy loss ??????!!!!!
UHAUUUU ! :o
wikipedia drives me crazy :?
Ural: keep remind me who i am whenever you feel i`ve forgot it

`82 Ural side car desert tan
`13 Ural T

JohnBG
General Secretary
General Secretary

Post by JohnBG » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:34 am

POROMPOPERO wrote:Do you mean retained products of Conception, placental and/or fetal tissue that remains in the uterus after a spontaneous pregnancy loss ??????!!!!!
UHAUUUU ! :o
wikipedia drives me crazy :?
Close.... :lol:

RPOC = Russian Piece Of Crap...
John Grocke aka "JohnBG"
Site Administrator - sovietsteeds.com

Current Rides:
'06 Ural Raven - "Vorona"
'09 Kawasaki KLR650 - "Madea"

History:
'98.5 Ural Tourist - "Valentina" - Gone but not forgotten.
2002 Harley Road King FLHPI
1997 Harley Electra Glide FLHTPI
Honda Nighthawk 650 from the mid-80's
1980 Suzuki RM125T
1970 Honda CL100

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

todd
Comrade
Comrade

Post by todd » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:48 pm

Got my remap and it fixed the stumble about 80% but now have no mid or top speed power. Before remap I could cruise at 55mph without a problem and now I struggle to maintain 55mph. Sucks.

Leftka
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Leftka » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:46 am

Again...feeling really good 'bout my 2012 Tourist...34 mpg, runs like a banshee, and no stumbles...oh and $11,800 out the door...and I can tune the bejesuses out of it without a laptop...
Leftka
Naples, FL
2012 "Red October" Tourist, Ursula
128/40 Jets
Harmonized at 10" hg
Dynojet DNO106 Needles, 3rd Notch From Bottom
Leftka 3, ALLuminum Custom Airbox
K & N MG 200 Filter Element
7/64" Drilled Carb Slides
Power Arc Ignition with VOES Advance/Retard
Mod Top Mufflers on Stock Headers
Parabellum Scout Fairing
Retro Lighting
Left Hand Throttle, Front Brake and Clutch

Albuquralque
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by Albuquralque » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:39 am

Leftka wrote:Again...feeling really good 'bout my 2012 Tourist...34 mpg, runs like a banshee, and no stumbles...oh and $11,800 out the door...and I can tune the bejesuses out of it without a laptop...
All the above statements are true; however, you forgot one significant fact: The blue ones are faster! :D
"Put a little gravel in your travel"

Previous Urals Owned: 2004 Wolf, 2006 Tourist, 2006 Patrol (TOW), 2006 Patrol (TOM), 2014 Patrol

Leftka
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Leftka » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:31 pm

Coluralado wrote:
Leftka wrote:Again...feeling really good 'bout my 2012 Tourist...34 mpg, runs like a banshee, and no stumbles...oh and $11,800 out the door...and I can tune the bejesuses out of it without a laptop...
All the above statements are true; however, you forgot one significant fact: The blue ones are faster! :D
That science is settled...red is the fastest of all colors...and if you are stumbling off idle AND you are blue...well let's face it, you're eating my dust... :P
Leftka
Naples, FL
128/40 Jets
Harmonized at 10" hg
Parabellum Scout Fairing
Retro Lighting

Albuquralque
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by Albuquralque » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:42 pm

Leftka wrote:
Coluralado wrote:
That science is settled...red is the fastest of all colors...and if you are stumbling off idle AND you are blue...well let's face it, you're eating my dust... :P
No stumble here! :P

Previous Urals Owned: 2004 Wolf, 2006 Tourist, 2006 Patrol (TOW), 2006 Patrol (TOM), 2014 Patrol

Leftka
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Leftka » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:48 pm

Coluralado wrote:
Leftka wrote:
Coluralado wrote:
No stumble here! :P
Still blue, still eating dust.
Leftka
Naples, FL
128/40 Jets
Harmonized at 10" hg
Parabellum Scout Fairing
Retro Lighting

MartyL
Benevolent Emperor
Benevolent Emperor

Post by MartyL » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:55 am

This Red vs. Blue thing reminds me of,"Spy vs. Spy" from Mad Magazine... :roll:
2010 Gear Up
1976 Yamaha XS650C
2018 H-D FLHXS
Peace.... God Bless our brave soldiers defending our freedom. God Bless America!
As I get older, I see the wisdom in Hannibal Lecter......
Ladies,Do your part! Prevent MSB often! Save mankind!!!

Albuquralque
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by Albuquralque » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:35 am

MartyL wrote:This Red vs. Blue thing reminds me of,"Spy vs. Spy" from Mad Magazine... :roll:

Excellent comparison MartyL! :thumbsup:

Albuquralque
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by Albuquralque » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:37 am

Blue is the fastest color!

th.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.