2014 Turn Signal Flasher

Woe unto you that bought the first model year of a major remake, perhaps this section can help address any 2014 and later model Ural "imperfections". Here's a special section for folks with the latest rigs to discuss 2014 and later model-related topics such fuel injection, 3-wheel disc brakes, hydraulic steering dampers, spin-on oil filters and other anomalies that don't belong on true Russsian motorcycle ;-P We've gone from using big hammers and greasy wrenches to needing computers and Ouija boards in order to fix our rigs.
Forum rules
Please keep this section specific to issues pertaining to 2014 and later models such as fuel injection, sidecar and rear disc brakes and so forth. Ask general or non-2014 and later specific questions in the main Hammerin' & Wrenchin' section.
Albuquralque
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

2014 Turn Signal Flasher

Post by Albuquralque » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:08 pm

The stock flasher is a TH-S502.

Of course these are made in Taiwan and are spec'd for some not so common vehicles.

Has anyone found a suitable substitute for this?
"Put a little gravel in your travel"

Darrell - Albuquralque
2014 Patrol - Babe the Blue Ox
EFI Map OR 1.02
Throttle Body Vacuum Ports
K&N Air Filter
Raceway 2-into-1 Header (Right Side)
Previous Urals Owned: 2004 Wolf, 2006 Tourist, 2006 Patrol (TOW), 2006 Patrol (TOM)

wooden nickel
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018

Re: 2014 Turn Signal Flasher

Post by wooden nickel » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:36 pm

I used an EF36L in my M70. I don't know if your Patrol is wired the same. I like the solid state relays.
I may not be good, but I'm slow.
Nick
2014 M70 Retros, the sports car of Urals.

Eric N
Comrade General
Comrade General

Post by Eric N » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:37 am

When I installed the signalminder (self cancelling turn signal controller) in my 2018, it was a standard 3 pin relay. I had to rewire because my power/ negative were backwards from the one I bought on eBay, but the correct signalminder says it's for Kawasaki cruisers and other Japanese bikes. Swapping the wires in the bracket was easy, just a small screwdriver/ dental pick to pop them loose, then push back in place in the correct location.

You should be able to find a 3 pin in any auto parts store but you might need to swap wires to make options easier to find.
2018 Gear Up
2013 Retro Solo
2001 Patrol - Sold

Albuquralque
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by Albuquralque » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:25 am

Eric N wrote:When I installed the signalminder (self cancelling turn signal controller) in my 2018, it was a standard 3 pin relay. I had to rewire because my power/ negative were backwards from the one I bought on eBay, but the correct signalminder says it's for Kawasaki cruisers and other Japanese bikes. Swapping the wires in the bracket was easy, just a small screwdriver/ dental pick to pop them loose, then push back in place in the correct location.

You should be able to find a 3 pin in any auto parts store but you might need to swap wires to make options easier to find.

I found a Napa one that is readily available and works with any combination of lights - EP-36L.
"Put a little gravel in your travel"

Darrell - Albuquralque
2014 Patrol - Babe the Blue Ox
EFI Map OR 1.02
Throttle Body Vacuum Ports
K&N Air Filter
Raceway 2-into-1 Header (Right Side)
Previous Urals Owned: 2004 Wolf, 2006 Tourist, 2006 Patrol (TOW), 2006 Patrol (TOM)