sidecar asylum meet/ride report

Where have you been riding? Tell us all about your trip. Prove it with pictures! If ya didn't take pictures, it didn't happen...
Forum rules
This is the place for you to post reports about your rides. Remember the mantra: "If you don't post pictures, it didn't happen".
gobium
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

sidecar asylum meet/ride report

Post by gobium » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:53 pm

IMAG0387.jpg
IMAG0384.jpg
IMAG0391.jpg
It was great, got to meet lots of nice peoples. Sidecar games was fun! Thank you sarge and fly. Gobium
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

starglyderz
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Re: sidecar asylum meet/ride report

Post by starglyderz » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:08 pm

who owns/runs the Blue/White Deco? What year is it?
Rik Nebeker

1998.5 Deco Classic
Lyubochka
1972 Honda CB 350E

gobium
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by gobium » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:21 pm

starglyderz wrote:who owns/runs the Blue/White Deco? What year is it?
It is a 1998, belong to Babushka.

gflapg
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by gflapg » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:40 pm

Yes she has a nice looking DECO . Her Daughter also has one I believe.
May all beings be blessed by the three jewels
May the planet be at peace, and the earth stay beautiful
May all beings be happy
May all have good fortune

"When the mind is clear, one can sip tea; when the spirit is at ease, one can talk of aspiration."

2010 GU ( the year before that goofy Pecans and Cream Version)
2003 Raceway Custom Built Wolf
1993 Solo

Babushka
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Babushka » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:18 pm

starglyderz wrote:who owns/runs the Blue/White Deco? What year is it?
Hello Starglyderz

Everyone who answered you about the blue/white Deco is correct. It is a 98, and my daughter has one identical. If you go onto the Ride report board, you can see pictures that she took and posted of our National Rally day. You will find it under "anklodge" or the Ohio Plural Ural Odyssey. My husband has a Dnepr on a Moto Guzzi and our son has a Dnepr on his BMW. We have a lot of fun riding together!
Kathy
1998 Deco Classic

Babushka
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Babushka » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:31 pm

I, too, want to thank Sarge and Fly for putting together the Sidecar Asylum Rally - The Sequel! It was a good time and the games were a lot of fun! It was good to see some familiar faces and to meet some new sidecarists. The Ural group was well represented by Gobium on his Gear-up, Eyeore with his wife on his Patrol, and myself on my Deco. Thanks to Gobium for posting the pictures. I hope to see my new Ural friends again! :D
Kathy
1998 Deco Classic

eeyore
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by eeyore » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:54 pm

Nice pics Van, Like the 3 Urals together, now all the city dwelling New Yorkers will strengthen their belief that ohio is nothing but cornfields,
cornfields in Deeeerfield Ohiya :lol:
I would also like to thank Sarge and fly for setting up the mini-rally. It was nice to finally be able to hook up with some ss members.

se ya around!!!!
2015 softail deluxe w/motorvation spyder “fattie”
2010 gear-up nato camo "Pasha" (gone but not forgotten)
2007 sportster 883 "blue beast"

anklodge

Post by anklodge » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:22 pm

It was fun for the short time I was there! Thanks to Sarge and Fly for allowing me to crash the party on my 2 wheels! Wish I could've made it on my Deco, next time! Babushka, (mom) I had fun being your monkey! Wow, I didn't know there were so many Urals closeby! Hope to see our new friends, Mr and Mrs Eeyore, and Gobium again!
Anklodge

'09 Moto Guzzi Griso 1200 8V
'09 Harley Davidson Road Glide
'04 Triumph Speedmaster
'99 Moto Guzzi Bassa
'98 Ural Deco Classic

cdscoot
Order of Victory
Order of Victory
Location: The lower southern tier of central upstate NY ,Binghamton,NY

Post by cdscoot » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:33 pm

eeyore wrote:Nice pics Van, Like the 3 Urals together, now all the city dwelling New Yorkers will strengthen their belief that ohio is nothing but cornfields,
I would also like to thank Sarge and fly for setting up the mini-rally. It was nice to finally be able to hook up with some ss members.

se ya around!!!!
Almost looks like a chalk line in back of your bike. You sure there wasn't a ball field there?
Craig
Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again. Every morning is the dawn of a new error .
2010 Patrol T
2016 BMW R1200GS

eeyore
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by eeyore » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:38 pm

My wife said she liked the rally but would have really enjoyed going on a ride. I agree with her (not because I have to), we liked the rally alot but we will have to have a ne Ohio ge-together/ride someday.

eeyore
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by eeyore » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:45 pm

cdscoot wrote:Almost looks like a chalk line in back of your bike. You sure there wasn't a ball field there?
Children of the corn, If you grow it they will come.......................on their Urals.

the 'chalk line' is from the burn-outs & donuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so crazy, I must have been posting at the same time you were posting and my post got hung up.............had to re-type it

starglyderz
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by starglyderz » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:58 pm

Thank you Babuska & Anklodge! I knew that in 98 about 40 Tourist models were painted up in Washington state, I did not know there were any other than black. Mine is Black and Yellow, a pale yellow, but when I got it the paint was an YOUGLY Russian Army Green. After 3 gallons of acetone, the original colors are visible, and all I have left to restore it is connect all the wires pulled off of everything, put in a battery, and fill the fluids to crank it over.

Maybe one day I can find my way up there to compare yours with mine. I would love to see photos of your engines and body work.

Rik Nebeker
Rik Nebeker

1998.5 Deco Classic
Lyubochka
1972 Honda CB 350E

sergeantbrown
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by sergeantbrown » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:14 am

Rik,

Baburska's and Andrea's bikes are NOT repainted Tourists. You will note that the Deco has "normal" front forks rather than leading link forks. They can be ridden as a solo where the Tourist cannot. :moto:

I would like to thank you all for the praise, however it is totally misdirected. Sidecar Asylum was solely the effort of Al "Fly" Butterfield. I was simply the "comical sidekick". Credit where credit is due. :D

We had 8 rigs and an attendance of 25 riders, monkeys and general attendees. For various reasons, four of us had to ride 2 wheels or 4 and, had Andrea and I ridden our Urals, we Ruski's would have CREAMED the other brands. As it was, we had 3 out of 8. :boogie:

Mrs. Eeyore,

You are absolutely correct about the joys of a group ride, and group rides are a staple part of most rallies. The problem here is Sidecar Asylum was a single day mini-rally. Can only fit in so much! We are already talking about Sidecar Asylum III and the possibility of turning it into a "real" full-weekend rally. Wait and see!! :lurker:

Sincerely,
"Stuffed with spaghetti" Sarge :foilhead:
2004 Ural Retro Rig, "Boris Badenov"
1973 VW Thing "Das Kubel"
http://www.sidecarsarge.webs.com

sergeantbrown
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by sergeantbrown » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:56 am

Some Photos:

Van and his monkey.

Mr and Mrs Eeyore.

Mother and daughter.

Suspicious looking old fart.

What more can I say. :lol:
Sarge :foilhead:
2004 Ural Retro Rig, "Boris Badenov"
1973 VW Thing "Das Kubel"
http://www.sidecarsarge.webs.com

Babushka
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Babushka » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:39 am

eeyore wrote:Nice pics Van, Like the 3 Urals together, now all the city dwelling New Yorkers will strengthen their belief that ohio is nothing but cornfields,

se ya around!!!!
First off, I must apologize to you Eeyore for the typo of your name spelling. Also, for calling your bike a Patrol. It's a fine Gear up indeed! Forgive me. We love our cornfields in Ohiya! We can eat corn, burn corn, make really cool corn mazes to get lost in, and above all, they make great backdrops for Ural photography! LOL.
Kathy
1998 Deco Classic