K&N filters

This is the place for dealers and other commercial entities to peddle their Ural/Dnepr related wares. One caveat only, all listings must include a price or the MSRP.
Forum rules
This is the place for dealers and other commercial entities to advertise and sell their Ural or Dnepr related wares. All listings must include a price or the MSRP.
chaos2
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Re: K&N filters

Post by chaos2 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:22 pm

dogboy443 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:37 pm
My 06 Tourist has the 100lb air box. Anyone swapped out to the K&N air pods and how do they run?
5 or 6 years ago I made a manifold out of PVC for dual K&N pods. Only problem was early on I got caught in frog drowning downpour and the wet K&N's choked the engine. Since cured with covers. Very happy with them once I got the jetting right.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Past afflictions include limey motocars and bikes, R60/2, R65ls, & a Citroen.
Now a DB Haanjo and Canyon CF SL Endurace, '87 K75s,
and a rusty 2012 GU bought new
dual K&N cones on homemade intake, 40/137.5
Raceway needles, Modtop exhaust, E starter delete
$29 VW Hydraulic steering dampener

phughes
Party Member
Party Member

Re: K&N filters

Post by phughes » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:57 pm

I had two K&N pods on a 1986 ZX1000R that I drag raced. The previous owner had raced it as well, and he was the one who installed the K&N filters. The bike was also used by me as a street bike.

One pod covered two carbs. After removing the carbs for some work, I found that where the runners branched off from the plenum, it looked as if they had been sand blasted. They had really eroded. The bike had around 18,000 miles on it at the time.

I believe the K&N filters let through too many small particles. I have stopped using them.