2018 Retro Limited Edition, Overview, Ural of New England

This is the place for dealers and other commercial entities to peddle their Ural/Dnepr related wares. One caveat only, all listings must include a price or the MSRP.
Forum rules
This is the place for dealers and other commercial entities to advertise and sell their Ural or Dnepr related wares. All listings must include a price or the MSRP.
sKiZo
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Re: 2018 Retro Limited Edition, Overview, Ural of New England

Post by sKiZo » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:10 pm

Tires are Shinko Super Classic 270 ...

The ones I can find are rated for front tire only, and they don't seem to have a rear wheel version of the tire. Then again, the tread looks symmetrical and I don't see any reason to have any problems running them on the rear as long as the weight rating is good. They are four ply too so should get some miles on them.

PS - I wouldn't think traction would be all that great off road, but I'm thinking us road cruisers would be happy with them mounted up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Evil Kneivel? He got nuttin' on me!
2011 Ural T
Handicap mods include Raceway foot box, tank shifter w/reverse, and DIY rear brake pedal mods.

BigJames
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Post by BigJames » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:34 pm

I saw this rig in person, it is magnificent. I could have been talked into leaving the GearUp and taking it instead, but my Retro would have gotten jealous...can't have that...
BigJames
19 Ural Gear Up
11 Ural Retro (108K and counting)
95/79 Bural Sportsman (Myrtle)
88 HD FLHS Watsonian Cambridge (232K and counting)
51 HD Servicar

Mracer
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by Mracer » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:18 am

BigJames wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:34 pm
I saw this rig in person, it is magnificent. I could have been talked into leaving the GearUp and taking it instead, but my Retro would have gotten jealous...can't have that...
James, outside of the tires, bumpers and sidecar mirror, what else made that rig pop at you like that? Just curious as I will be getting my retro over the weekend and trying to get ideas :)
Max
1965 MB750
1958 M72H
2013 Retro
2010 Red October
Gone but not forgotten:
198? MT-16
1997 Ural/BMW conversion (R60/5)

BigJames

Post by BigJames » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:00 pm

Mracer wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:18 am
BigJames wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:34 pm
James, outside of the tires, bumpers and sidecar mirror, what else made that rig pop at you like that? Just curious as I will be getting my retro over the weekend and trying to get ideas :)
New, shiny, just grabbed me, but I already have one with everything that one has, but the tires...it is pretty much what a lot of Retro owners turn their's into over time, all it needs is an HD cop seat...that one is over done just enough to not be tacky, close, but not quite... I just liked it, and took the gear up home anyway, time for a main stream Ural for me. I still have my 2 odd balls...
BigJames
19 Ural Gear Up
11 Ural Retro (108K and counting)
95/79 Bural Sportsman (Myrtle)
88 HD FLHS Watsonian Cambridge (232K and counting)
51 HD Servicar