Rich's Cycle Upholstery OPEN!

This is the place for dealers and other commercial entities to peddle their Ural/Dnepr related wares. One caveat only, all listings must include a price or the MSRP.
Forum rules
This is the place for dealers and other commercial entities to advertise and sell their Ural or Dnepr related wares. All listings must include a price or the MSRP.
Lofty
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Re: Rich's Cycle Upholstery OPEN!

Post by Lofty » Mon May 27, 2019 9:40 pm

No worries, Rich. It's a minor variance, and I'm too fond of the overall aesthetic of the carpet to want to disturb it.
:cheers:
Inventory:
2018 Ural Gear Up
2015 Suzuki DR650
1991 Bianchi Osprey
1952 Columbia RX-5 ('87, NOS)

BinDerSmokDat

Post by BinDerSmokDat » Tue May 28, 2019 3:40 pm

Rich Maund does great work, I can't say enough about the infamous Road Sofa in my signature.
Alas, Russian metallurgy, rust from off-roading and my fat a$$ conspired to crack it at the rear passenger step-up section.
I'm trying to wear out my current Enduro seat on a plastic pan so i can send it to Rich for the Road Sofa treatment on a more durable, hump-free plastic seat pan.

IndyChizzle
Party Member
Party Member

Post by IndyChizzle » Tue May 28, 2019 10:44 pm

Do you have any photos and pricing for tonneau covers for 2012 and older Urals? I prefer waterproof, if possible. I wish someone made them out of PVC coated fabric, like what Giant Loop uses for their bags.
Sidecar newby trying to get started...

Waffl6

Post by Waffl6 » Wed May 29, 2019 2:24 am

Rich, what are these sidecar seats running cost-wise these days?
Probably the youngest guy in the room.

Current bikes: 1987 Rebel 250, 1990 Ninja 500, 2009 Honda Shadow 750, 2011 Ural Patrol T - A real POS

Past bikes: 1994 Katana 600

Fairfax Virginia

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Wed May 29, 2019 3:53 pm

I still do the old style tonneaus. Side curtains too. Marine grade vinyl with either natural tan or black leather patch grommets and snap on tabs to secure them. I can install leather patch grommets with H shaped slits in them for windshield rods to pass thru or leave it alone for even better water proofness. My tonneaus go over the grab handle, not around it like the factory ones. Makes for a much drier sidecar interior. $300 for a tonneau and $125 for a side curtain. I do the windshield skirts as well. $125.

KInda busy finishing some customer projects right now. They are due in the next two weeks. But I do have that earth colored carpet set available as well as side curtains in stock. Yesterday I got ten more of the crazy powerful magnets in that I use for side curtains. (At the back of them.) Thursday I
have seat and sidecar seat foam arriving. I have three sets of sidecar seat bases done and ready to foam and sculpt to order.
yeah, I might be addicted to brake fluid. But I can stop any time I want.

Lofty

Post by Lofty » Wed May 29, 2019 3:57 pm

I almost wish that I hadn't purchased your one-off, 4 pc. gray carpet set. The 9 pc. earth-colored set that is presently available would complement the Burgundy Satin on my rig quite nicely.
Inventory:
2018 Ural Gear Up
2015 Suzuki DR650
1991 Bianchi Osprey
1952 Columbia RX-5 ('87, NOS)

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Wed May 29, 2019 10:43 pm

Waffl6 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 2:24 am
Rich, what are these sidecar seats running cost-wise these days?
A custom scratch built sidecar seat is $350 shipped in the USA. Understand that $50 of that is just for shipping! USPS isn't cheap anymore. Its like buying an airline ticket for the box to take a vacation! Its a heavy item! I use much better wood that Ural ever did. I seal it with clear polyurethane. Marine grade vinyl in the covers or marine canvas. SS staples and the hardware gets blasted and either gun koated or poly hammer finished. The seat backs are trimmed with carpeting and I make a leather close able pouch that is attached to the seat back as well. I use a very high density foam for the seat cushion and a plusher density for the seat back. All hardware is included. Hope that info helps!

Tomcatfixer
Commissar
Commissar

Post by Tomcatfixer » Thu May 30, 2019 6:01 am

UNSOLICITED CUSTOMER REVIEW / FEEDBACK

I am quite pleased with my new sidecar seat. Rich tailored it exactly to my particular custom requests: He used the "cinnamon whisper" vinyl I sourced, installed into both backrest and bottom the heating pads I provided, and painted the wood "satin nutmeg" to match my bike's finish. In addition, he produced a nice-looking seat with a comfy contour and firmer foam. He even did the little pouch thing, which I didn't expect, but I like it.
-
2019-05-30 05.51.28.jpg
2019-05-30 05.51.00.jpg
2019-05-30 05.50.45.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Chad

Gordonsville, Virginia, USA

Current rides:
2015 Ural cT "Mobile Chernobyl", 2001 Ural Patrol "The Patrol", 1999 Ural Tourist "The RPOC", 1994 Honda VFR750F

Previous rides:
2007 Honda VTR1000 FireStorm (Super Hawk in U.S.)
2001 Buell Blast! - - - - - - - 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
1993 Honda CBR600F2 - -1984 Yamaha FJ1100
Two different 1986 Yamaha FZX700S Fazers

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Thu May 30, 2019 9:25 pm

Chad
I appreciate the comments! I happened to have some nice leather in that color that went with your vinyl, so I did the pouch with it. Glad you liked it! How are the heating pads working for you this summer? ;-)

Folks. Got two 8 foot long slabs of foam in this afternoon. I can do seat work and sidecar seats again!

bratmanxj

Post by bratmanxj » Fri May 31, 2019 8:28 am

Got the bike back from the shop earlier this week, Rich's interior came in late last week and I had a free evening....
2019-05-30 21.42.54.jpg
2019-05-30 21.43.03.jpg
Interior is nice, cuts down on the road noise and rattles. Tools don't randomly slide around in the trunk anymore. Much more cost effective than what the mother company wants for the just the two side panels.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1999 Yamaha Royal Star Venture
2007 Ural Tourist - The Big Red Brick

VWNate1
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

MORE Customer Kudos 4 Rich !

Post by VWNate1 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:12 am

I'm old, fat & badly broken, Rich made me get covers for two of my Solos tractor seats and I promise you, your bum will thank you ! .

Both seat covers are still in good condition, I park my bike out side under light tarps or whatever is handy in the unrelenting California sun, no fading, cracks etc.

NO REGRETS and I'm a broke @44 Blue Collar guy who's disabled and have to carefully count every penny, you'll be well pleased .

I'm trying to figure out how to afford a gel seat cover for my current 1975 BMW R60/6 .

Better yet I'd like to trade it for a decent Ural sans tub .
-Nate
'94 Tourist 650
'96 650 Solo
'10 Solo sT Crashed & Ruined 6.26.17 :cry:

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Re: MORE Customer Kudos 4 Rich !

Post by Rich Maund » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:12 pm

VWNate1 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:12 am
I'm old, fat & badly broken, Rich made me get covers for two of my Solos tractor seats and I promise you, your bum will thank you ! .

Both seat covers are still in good condition, I park my bike out side under light tarps or whatever is handy in the unrelenting California sun, no fading, cracks etc.

NO REGRETS and I'm a broke @44 Blue Collar guy who's disabled and have to carefully count every penny, you'll be well pleased .

I'm trying to figure out how to afford a gel seat cover for my current 1975 BMW R60/6 .

Better yet I' d like to trade it for a decent Ural sans tub .
Nate
Glad you're still riding buddy! But I have given up on my gel supplier. Had two shipments in a row come in with dead flies stuck in the gel sheets. Besides being gross and unsanitary, each fly is a flaw in the gel, like a bubble that will just crack later and lead to tears in the gel sheet. After the second shipment like that I had an honest talk with the company president. He pretty much said that he can't get the inbreds there to do any better work than that so I agreed to stop doing business with the company. He figures they were "sweeping" the shop clean with a blower and the dead bugs went airborne and into the molds and no one cleaned them before use. I now use a special high density foam for the seat pads. It is quite comfortable. I have also lowered the price as the foam is less expensive to use in them.

VWNate1
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by VWNate1 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:06 pm

Oh, no ! .

I'm screwed .

Yes, still riding in spite of my son, sweet lady, doctors & surgeons (all of them I have quite a few now) yelling at me to stop......

To - day I'm astride my 1970 Honda CT90k2.....

Dammit ~ I can't figure out why I cannot post pictures here, they're smaller than others pictures....

Anyway, it's hot like blazed here (105* yesterday & 100* to - day) so of course I'm out with wrenches in my hands up fixing 42 year old Motocycles but then I get ti ride :boogie: .
-Nate
'94 Tourist 650
'96 650 Solo
'10 Solo sT Crashed & Ruined 6.26.17 :cry:

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:50 pm

We lucked out today. We're between storms now. 82 this afternoon with 35% humidity and a breeze. Perfection! Me and all my neighbors did exactly the same thing. Got out the yard equipment and did our lawns! The whole lot of us, just a bunch of responsible old men.

Rich Maund
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by Rich Maund » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:41 am

My own Ural chair is going to a new owner today to eventually get mounted on a large BMW adv bike. Of course it has a scratch built seat, carpet set and double layer tonneau like I did for Chad. Side curtain too. The materials shown in the pics are ones I can get more of. They are my standards I use.