Newbie in AZ thinking about buying

Newbies, introduce yourself here. Are you thinking about getting one and have questions? Ask your basic questions here. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of The Greasy Wrench" section.
Forum rules
Here's the place for those who are newb or thinking about buying a Ural or Dnepr to introduce themselves ask those typical "newbie" questions. Try using the "Search" link at the top of the page to see if your question may have been asked before. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of the Greasy Wrench" section.
El queso
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Newbie in AZ thinking about buying

Post by El queso » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:59 pm

So is it parked in your garage now?
2013 Patrol + a bunch of other bikes

flexydude
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by flexydude » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:28 pm

Beastmaster wrote:Hi guys, thought I'd stop by and introduce myself.

Like the title says, I'm in southern Arizona and new to the forum. I haven't owned a bike for several years but thinking of getting back into it with a Ural (leaning toward and M-70). Looking forward to reading the great posts and picking everyone's brains for info I'm not able to find. :cheers:
put on some knobbys and we can go to the dunes!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2013 gear up
2014 zero ds
2016 klr 650

2013 suzuki gw 250
2007 drz 400
2014 yamaha xt 250

Beastmaster
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018

Post by Beastmaster » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:06 pm

El queso wrote:So is it parked in your garage now?
Not yet, I exprct to take delivery sometime after the first of March. :lurker:
>>>The smartest man knows what he doesn't know.<<<
2018 M70 (Natasha) in Beautiful Southern Arizona (Tucson)

Beastmaster

Post by Beastmaster » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:07 pm

flexydude wrote:
Beastmaster wrote:Hi guys, thought I'd stop by and introduce myself.

Like the title says, I'm in southern Arizona and new to the forum. I haven't owned a bike for several years but thinking of getting back into it with a Ural (leaning toward and M-70). Looking forward to reading the great posts and picking everyone's brains for info I'm not able to find. :cheers:
put on some knobbys and we can go to the dunes!
Sweet!!! :thumbsup:

hotflash44

Post by hotflash44 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:02 pm

Beastmaster, are you going to buy from the Prescott AZ dealer? Seems like a good bunch, seen some YouTube vids done at that shop. love the owners mustache. :cheers:
drive a 2016 gear up asphalt grey .Air America CIA circa 1967/8 Vung Tau Viet Nam USS Tutuila ARG-4 (AND JUST A TOUCH OF AGENT ORANGE!)

Beastmaster

Post by Beastmaster » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:09 pm

hotflash44 wrote:Beastmaster, are you going to buy from the Prescott AZ dealer? Seems like a good bunch, seen some YouTube vids done at that shop. love the owners mustache. :cheers:
Ya, I'm rather impressed with Mark, he's going all out to help me. Granted, I'm going to be giving him lots of money but he's going the extra mile for a customer 220 miles away. The time line he told me is that my rig will be in-country Jan 26th and he should have it Feb 14th. I should be able to take possession of my M70 sometime after the first of March. He's quite the salesman and even took my wife for a ride. She really loved it as she played it up for the camera.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

flexydude
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by flexydude » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:23 am

Beastmaster wrote:
hotflash44 wrote:Beastmaster, are you going to buy from the Prescott AZ dealer? Seems like a good bunch, seen some YouTube vids done at that shop. love the owners mustache. :cheers:
Ya, I'm rather impressed with Mark, he's going all out to help me. Granted, I'm going to be giving him lots of money but he's going the extra mile for a customer 220 miles away. The time line he told me is that my rig will be in-country Jan 26th and he should have it Feb 14th. I should be able to take possession of my M70 sometime after the first of March. He's quite the salesman and even took my wife for a ride. She really loved it as she played it up for the camera.
he delivered mine to my doorstep from prescot to tucson, for free!
2013 gear up
2014 zero ds
2016 klr 650

2013 suzuki gw 250
2007 drz 400
2014 yamaha xt 250

Beastmaster

Post by Beastmaster » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:32 am

flexydude wrote:
Beastmaster wrote:
Yep, that's what he said he'll do for me. :thumbsup:

Snakeoil

Post by Snakeoil » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:27 pm

I sorta speed read thru all the suggestions. Did not see this. Not sure if new ones come with these now. I just installed one of them on mine, which is why it comes to mind. Not necessarily "must haves", but some of the other suggestions are not "must haves" either.

12v cigarette lighter receptacle for charging/running phone, GPS, etc.. while out on a ride.
12v charger SAE plug attached to the battery and tucked under sidecover to allow easy connection with a battery charger.
Regards,
Rob
Proud member of the Peanut Gallery
2000 Ural Tourist
40 Pilots, 122 Mains
Before you say something stupid, always ask yourself, "What would Harpo say?".

Beastmaster

Post by Beastmaster » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:34 pm

Snakeoil wrote:I sorta speed read thru all the suggestions. Did not see this. Not sure if new ones come with these now. I just installed one of them on mine, which is why it comes to mind. Not necessarily "must haves", but some of the other suggestions are not "must haves" either.

12v cigarette lighter receptacle for charging/running phone, GPS, etc.. while out on a ride.
12v charger SAE plug attached to the battery and tucked under sidecover to allow easy connection with a battery charger.
Its supposed to come with a "Sidecar Power Outlet " but I'm not sure what type of plug it is.

I like the idea of a battery charger connection :thumbsup:

hotflash44

Post by hotflash44 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:48 pm

Beastmaster ,my 2016 GU came with a 12v adapter in the side car but it needed a US adapter which is larger the dealer gave me one for free. nice feature for cell phone, 12v tire pump etc. while on subject these are my suggestions. i got motorcycle towing, a small battery/jump start device, 12v tire pump, slime for tube tires, small jack, 10 inch piece of 2x4, clutch cable, small ball pien hammer, fuses, a spare tube,funnel , oil, also don't leave the manual at home changing the tires is rather complicated,as the spare needs to be changed to fit front/rear/side car on the 2014 on Urals. you know all the stuff you need on any motorcycle, but cant carry, got to love the Ural! :cheers:
drive a 2016 gear up asphalt grey .Air America CIA circa 1967/8 Vung Tau Viet Nam USS Tutuila ARG-4 (AND JUST A TOUCH OF AGENT ORANGE!)

Beastmaster

Post by Beastmaster » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:20 pm

hotflash44 wrote:Beastmaster ,my 2016 GU came with a 12v adapter in the side car but it needed a US adapter which is larger the dealer gave me one for free. nice feature for cell phone, 12v tire pump etc. while on subject these are my suggestions. i got motorcycle towing, a small battery/jump start device, 12v tire pump, slime for tube tires, small jack, 10 inch piece of 2x4, clutch cable, small ball pien hammer, fuses, a spare tube,funnel , oil, also don't leave the manual at home changing the tires is rather complicated,as the spare needs to be changed to fit front/rear/side car on the 2014 on Urals. you know all the stuff you need on any motorcycle, but cant carry, got to love the Ural! :cheers:
Great info, thanks :thumbsup:

flexydude
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by flexydude » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:27 pm

Beastmaster wrote:
flexydude wrote:
Beastmaster wrote:
Yep, that's what he said he'll do for me. :thumbsup:
2013 gear up
2014 zero ds
2016 klr 650

2013 suzuki gw 250
2007 drz 400
2014 yamaha xt 250

flexydude
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by flexydude » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:28 pm

let me know when he shows up, i'll chlugg over and say hi
2013 gear up
2014 zero ds
2016 klr 650

2013 suzuki gw 250
2007 drz 400
2014 yamaha xt 250

Beastmaster

Post by Beastmaster » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:06 pm

flexydude wrote:let me know when he shows up, i'll chlugg over and say hi
I'll let you know :thumbsup:

Mark said he'll give me some tips and instructions when he drops it off. Its been many years since I've ridden a bike and never with a side car.