Hello from North Carolina

Newbies, introduce yourself here. Are you thinking about getting one and have questions? Ask your basic questions here. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of The Greasy Wrench" section.
Forum rules
Here's the place for those who are newb or thinking about buying a Ural or Dnepr to introduce themselves ask those typical "newbie" questions. Try using the "Search" link at the top of the page to see if your question may have been asked before. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of the Greasy Wrench" section.
Kilometers2
Comrade General
Comrade General

Re: Hello from North Carolina

Post by Kilometers2 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:19 pm

Congratulations. As for maintenance....these bikes are easy to work on and something your son and nephew could pick up easy. They would thank you years from now for the experience too.
Miles aka Kilometers

Uralless for 3 years and regretting it the last 2 years I have owned a Doberman. Thinking of coming back rather than hacking the Harley...there is just something about Urals, this forum, and the 2WD I used infrequently while camping.....

Formerly owned 2007 GU, 2014 Patrol, and 2016 GU

Al Parker

Post by Al Parker » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:56 pm

Newbie also from NC. Coastal southeastern. Attempted to deal with the dealer in Charlotte. Couldn't get any interest from them. Ended up ar Blue Moon Cycle. I would like to build a good relationship with them though. Went online to request a set of valve cover gaskets and was never contacted.
2018 Gear Up Ranier White

Roadking
Comrade General
Comrade General

Post by Roadking » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:26 pm

Just deal with Hollowpaw in Fl. Can’t get any better service. Gene is great!!!
2014 Ural Sage Green Gear Up (The Crazy Russian)
2001 HD Roadking FLHRI

Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Then he'll be a mile away and he'll have no shoes.

RC20
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Post by RC20 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:23 pm

I may not be an East Coaster, but I have made the drive, Florida is quit a ways away from NC, even by AK or Western US standards.
Fear No Gravel
Formerly Owned: ( various rides on others)
Honda 90
2 x CB750K (one a true Japan Model flown to Hawaii by a P3 Orion Sub Patrol Aircraft!)
1 x CB700 SC ala Shaft Drive Nighthawk S (RC20 is the actual in house production Model)
1 x R80GS (ok to start with, learned to love it for what it was)
1 x CB450K

Current:
1 x 2019 cT Terracotta

What I Did (I quit June 2 , 2019)
Mechanic/Technician/Engineer: Electro Mechanical Systems