Newbie looking for a Ural or Dnepr

Newbies, introduce yourself here. Are you thinking about getting one and have questions? Ask your basic questions here. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of The Greasy Wrench" section.
Forum rules
Here's the place for those who are newb or thinking about buying a Ural or Dnepr to introduce themselves ask those typical "newbie" questions. Try using the "Search" link at the top of the page to see if your question may have been asked before. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of the Greasy Wrench" section.
hotflash44
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018

Re: Newbie looking for a Ural or Dnepr

Post by hotflash44 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:46 pm

rmcphearson, my suggestion would be the newest Ural you can find preferably 2007 or newer as there were many improvements on these models. as to the Dnepr i understand the last one produced was in 1999. the one wheel MT 11 and the 2 wheel version MT 16. not suggesting there arnt good running Dneprs, but unless your willing to be possibly very frustrated and spend much time on mechanicals instead of riding.go with the newer Ural ,IMHO of course. :cheers:
2016 gear up asphalt grey, name Seryy Medved ,Air America CIA circa 1967/8 Vung Tau Viet Nam USS Tutuila ARG-4 (AND JUST A TOUCH OF AGENT ORANGE!)

Bilgekeeldave
Commissar
Commissar

Re: Newbie looking for a Ural or Dnepr

Post by Bilgekeeldave » Thu May 17, 2018 9:57 am

I was at the Dnepr factory in 2003, they were still making Dneprs then.
Dave

RAMCO-Dnepr MT-16