Going to check out a Ural tomorrow - Excited

Newbies, introduce yourself here. Are you thinking about getting one and have questions? Ask your basic questions here. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of The Greasy Wrench" section.
Forum rules
Here's the place for those who are newb or thinking about buying a Ural or Dnepr to introduce themselves ask those typical "newbie" questions. Try using the "Search" link at the top of the page to see if your question may have been asked before. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of the Greasy Wrench" section.
stagewex
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018

Re: Going to check out a Ural tomorrow - Excited

Post by stagewex » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Ha, color won't matter going forward. The blinding reflections from your teeth when smiling...
Congrats.
Stagewex

2007 Ural Patrol, 2006 Yamaha TW200, 1995 BMW K75, 1969 BMW r60/2US

windmill

Post by windmill » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:41 pm

Numbercruncher wrote: I don't want to create a debate on black vs silver but black cars show all the dirt all the time and the black engine will likely show the remnants of every little puddle I ride through. The silver, not so much. I also suspect the extra coating may trap heat a little and certainly the black color should absorb more heat from sunlight as any of us who walked barefoot through a parking lot on a hot summer day
:lol:
Things might be a little different over there on the dry side, but here on the wet side, I have one of each, and it doesn't make a lick of difference either way.
Barry

"Take care, sir," cried Sancho. "Those over there are not giants but windmills".

2007 Patrol 100k km and counting,
2018 M70

hotflash44

Post by hotflash44 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:23 am

windmill wrote:
Numbercruncher wrote: I don't want to create a debate on black vs silver but black cars show all the dirt all the time and the black engine will likely show the remnants of every little puddle I ride through. The silver, not so much. I also suspect the extra coating may trap heat a little and certainly the black color should absorb more heat from sunlight as any of us who walked barefoot through a parking lot on a hot summer day
Things might be a little different over there on the dry side, but here on the wet side, I have one of each, and it doesn't make a lick of difference either way.
Mr. wind.while on the powder coat subject is there any way to shine that stuff like when new? seems all the black frame parts are getting dull. :cheers:
drive a 2016 gear up asphalt grey .Air America CIA circa 1967/8 Vung Tau Viet Nam USS Tutuila ARG-4 (AND JUST A TOUCH OF AGENT ORANGE!)

windmill

Post by windmill » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:55 am

hotflash44 wrote:
windmill wrote:
Mr. wind.while on the powder coat subject is there any way to shine that stuff like when new? seems all the black frame parts are getting dull. :cheers:
Yes there is, damn near a miracle solution.

S100 Engine Brightener,
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W ... UTF8&psc=1
Simply spray on, no rubbing or buffing.

First w@$# it with S100 Total Cycle Cleaner,
or
By far the best product I've found for w@$#ing motorcycles, I get the large size as I use it for other things.
Once dry, just spray on the Engine Brightener and let dry. It will make everything look like new. It also makes it easier to w@$# the next time, and lasts a long time.

S100 also makes what they call Total Cycle Corrosion Protectant,
It's also a spray on that stops corrosion on steel and bare aluminum that lasts a long time.

If I sound like a S100 commercial, its just because I like their products so much. Their stuff is kinda pricey because it comes from Germany, but IMO its results are worth it.
Barry

"Take care, sir," cried Sancho. "Those over there are not giants but windmills".

2007 Patrol 100k km and counting,
2018 M70

hotflash44

Post by hotflash44 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:01 am

thanks, ill give it a try! :cheers:
drive a 2016 gear up asphalt grey .Air America CIA circa 1967/8 Vung Tau Viet Nam USS Tutuila ARG-4 (AND JUST A TOUCH OF AGENT ORANGE!)

Numbercruncher
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Numbercruncher » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:56 pm

Agree on S-100. From my dirt bike riding days.

NC