Tactical Backpack at Cheap Price

The "Pimp my Ride" section for Soviet bloc bikes. Everybody seems to have their own custom add-ons, modifications & accessories. Share your tips and post pictures of them here.
Forum rules
This is the place for topics concerining modifying and accessorizing your Ural or Denpr.
Lmo
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Re: Tactical Backpack at Cheap Price

Post by Lmo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:14 pm

Any 'weapon' you carry in your back pack is essentially worthless.
Lew Morris
Dnepr w/ '06 Ural Drive Train
C5 Power Arc
125/42 jets
Drilled slides/
.030" shims

1973 BMW R75/5 (original owner)
1947 HD FL (long gone, forever regretful)

disposable

Post by disposable » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:44 pm

https://www.511tactical.com/rush-moab-6.html sling function with hidden compartment for weapon. quite acceptable for immediate action. It's smaller, and i dont remember if the rush 10 has the hidden compartment
2014 Gear Up
previous-
2009 Triumph Bonneville
Classcode 03-K64, Firefly

isldtime
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by isldtime » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:18 pm

Lmo wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:14 pm
Any 'weapon' you carry in your back pack is essentially worthless.
+1
2002 Tourist
2013 Husky TR650 Strada

RC20

Post by RC20 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:44 am

France_Fadeley wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:31 pm
I consider it as an accessory. :/
An accessory would be an added light.

If I wanted to carry armor I would have a Hummer.
True, guess I always go here to look at bike mods. My bad. Carry on carry on
I go with the first take.
Fear No Gravel
Formerly Owned: ( various rides on others)
Honda 90
2 x CB750K (one a true Japan Model flown to Hawaii by a P3 Orion Sub Patrol Aircraft!)
1 x CB700 SC ala Shaft Drive Nighthawk S (RC20 is the actual in house production Model)
1 x R80GS (ok to start with, learned to love it for what it was)
1 x CB450K

Current:
1 x 2019 cT Terracotta

What I Did (I quit June 2 , 2019)
Mechanic/Technician/Engineer: Electro Mechanical Systems

Joe123451979
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Joe123451979 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:32 am

RC20 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:44 am
France_Fadeley wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:31 pm
I consider it as an accessory. :/
An accessory would be an added light.

If I wanted to carry armor I would have a Hummer.
True, guess I always go here to look at bike mods. My bad. Carry on carry on
I go with the first take.
And yet there are threads asking for “adventure tablets” “block heaters “blue tooth intercoms” and “heated blankets” all on the first page .

I can see her confusion given all the other posts that arnt about modifications to motorcycles and are about accessories to motorcycles in the modification and accessories forum

Hmmmmmmmmm
Hmmmmmmm
Wonder what the definition of “accessories” is

Joe123451979
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Joe123451979 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:12 am

91C6D304-5B88-43E3-A508-9E9397549CEE.png
I wish all these ural dealers would stop selling tactical back backs in their ural accessories places

Someone needs to tell ural tactical backpacks are not accessories
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RC20

Post by RC20 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:53 pm

I have to ponder if my sleeping Matt is an accessory?

I think its camping gear and I had my 511 backpack with me on my pickup the Ural trip and I don't think its a Accessory or Modification.

Adding the permanent hook up jumper wires for the Li Ion booster pack is a mod and its the pack is an accessory as its direly connected to the machine the same as a fuel can etc.

Hell, by the OP definition my underwear is an accessory (and that not a pretty picture)_ .

I have no idea what Wild Camping is, but if I need a weapon and body armor I am not going there, well unless I have my bullet proof tent with me.
Fear No Gravel
Honda 90
2 x CB750K (one a true Japan Model flown to Hawaii by a P3 Orion Sub Patrol Aircraft!)
1 x CB700 SC ala Shaft Drive Nighthawk S (RC20 is the actual in house production Model)
1 x CB450K

Current:
1 x 2019 cT Terracotta

Joe123451979
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Joe123451979 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:29 pm

RC20 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:53 pm
I have to ponder if my sleeping Matt is an accessory?

I think its camping gear and I had my 511 backpack with me on my pickup the Ural trip and I don't think its a Accessory or Modification.

Adding the permanent hook up jumper wires for the Li Ion booster pack is a mod and its the pack is an accessory as its direly connected to the machine the same as a fuel can etc.

Hell, by the OP definition my underwear is an accessory (and that not a pretty picture)_ .

I have no idea what Wild Camping is, but if I need a weapon and body armor I am not going there, well unless I have my bullet proof tent with me.
I guess if it’s ural underwear it could be

However have you seen the amount of people who ride with backpacks especially on motorcycles without the sidecar. There’s even back packs aimed just at people who ride just for that purpose So it’s not to far of a stretch as underwear lol but I see your point !

The body armor did throw me off a bit but I looked at her other posts and gathered English may not be her first language and she may have mixed up body armor with a brand or type of motorcycle jacket and pants that have removable plastic “armor” bits inside to protect you during a crash but then again who knows .

As for “wild camping” I like to go way out in the middle of nowhere to camp places that are sometimes frequented by hunters And always frequented by bears. During hunting season if I’m camping I do wear a level 3 vest on hikes away from The camp sight.

As for guns the only time I don’t have one is at work and then it’s in my car parked on a public street so to me her request about gear that works well with a motorcycle and a gun doesn’t seem that far off

So If she got a back pack and temporarily bolted it to the ural would that be considered a mod or accessory as Saddle bags I think would be.

Tin Man
Commissar
Commissar

Post by Tin Man » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:13 pm

on2wheels52 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:26 am
I rode with a backpack one (1) time.
I've never even tried. Had a kid at work ask me for which style I recommended.....after I told him it was a bad idea he did it anyway choosing one of those single strap sling-bag things. He got almost to work one day when the bag shifted in a curve and put him directly into a fence. Tore up the bike and skinned him up a bit......but he did come and tell me I was correct in what I had told him. :foilhead:
Mike
2007 GearUp (Arctic #1)
130/45 jets, KTM rock solid mirrors, Delaware Dave's outstanding trunk lock, Mr. Cob's most excellent skid plate, Cycra Probend smashproof hand guards, Duro strong like bull 307's, RotoPax damn near bulletproof fuel cans, MKIII all but water proof air box and Dimples super duper magnetic drain plugs all around...oh yeah, and a manual fuel petcock.

.........if you see something that needs doing, just do it........

RC20

Post by RC20 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Never tried it but I can see the issue. I did with a Bicycle until the back went (then it was on the rack!)

Never occurred to me on the cycle, that is what bags, racks or ? are for.

Just did not seem like something I wanted flipping around if I went down.
Fear No Gravel
Honda 90
1 x CB450K

Current:
1 x 2019 cT Terracotta

Joe123451979
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Joe123451979 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:25 pm

RC20 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:27 pm
Never tried it but I can see the issue. I did with a Bicycle until the back went (then it was on the rack!)

Never occurred to me on the cycle, that is what bags, racks or ? are for.

Just did not seem like something I wanted flipping around if I went down.
Ok so I’ve seen multiple posts on how it’s dumb to have a backpack on a motorcycle and I do not get it at all

I’ve been riding on motorcycles right after I got the training wheels taken off of my bicycle

I have used backpacks every now and then without a problem As have many people.

I don’t get it what is so bad about it?
What’s the problem with it?

BlueRockCrawler
Comrade General
Comrade General

Post by BlueRockCrawler » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:51 pm

Not for everybody I guess. Like I said, mine gets strapped to the luggage rack, sissy bar or thrown in the hack. But I have worn it riding the Magna at very high speeds for long stretches of highway with no ill effects physically or aerodynamically. I don't see any problems with wearing a backpack as long as it's secure.
2015 Ural Patrol
1993 Suzuki DR 650
2018 Suzuki DR 650
previous Honda's were
1996 750 Magna
2002 750 shadow A.C.E.
2004 919
1985 500 Magna

Joe123451979
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Joe123451979 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:07 am

BlueRockCrawler wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:51 pm
Not for everybody I guess. Like I said, mine gets strapped to the luggage rack, sissy bar or thrown in the hack. But I have worn it riding the Magna at very high speeds for long stretches of highway with no ill effects physically or aerodynamically. I don't see any problems with wearing a backpack as long as it's secure.
Ohhhhh So its just the weight shifting that messes people up I take it

I hadn’t ever thought of that always used a cummerbund and packed like I was hiking so was never an issue

Thanks

Ammo
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by Ammo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:00 am

BlueRockCrawler wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:51 pm
I don't see any problems with wearing a backpack as long as it's secure.
the problem comes when you depart the motorcycle and go tumbling with all that crap you now have tied to your back
Mac
13 Patrol T
16 Chief
96 ATK605

BinDerSmokDat

Post by BinDerSmokDat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:57 am

I tried riding to work with both a messenger bag (over the shoulder/cross body) and a backpack to hold my laptop and work papers when I rode two wheels to work.
I hated it. Not only can the weight be annoying, I don't want to worry about any weight shifting on me and/or straps digging into me.
Because my riding jacket has back, shoulder and rib cage armor, plus I'm larger than your average bear, I never felt comfortable, despite trying several packs and trying different straps.
Loose enough to allow movement meant it felt like it was shifting on me, tight enough that it felt stable felt like it was digging in.

Also in an accident I don't want to worry about...
Causing the armor in my jacket to shift away from a vital impact area
Cause extra drag, or snag on bike keeping me entangled as bike goes down
A hard piece of broken laptop or a pen is going to gouge/punture me
Landing with my laptop or stainless steel water bottle under my spine

I ended up lashing the bag to the pillion with straps, then when I got the Ural I stowed it inside the hack.

If there is anything you feel you need immediate access to while on the bike, it should be in a tank bag where it can be reached but isn't likely to impact/encumber you.
One exception for me when riding alone is the cell phone.
I'm a fan of keeping the phone on my person in a secure case, inside a zippered pocket that is outside of my armor, so if I'm thrown from the bike and injured I can call for help.
Anything you need when you arrive should be mounted to/in the bike securely.

One bag that I like for carrying a wide array of stuff when off the bike is the QualComm Sat bag.
I have the XL version because I'm kind of an XL guy and it fits me better.
The original was designed to hold the folding satellite antenna and accessories for military comms.
Because Qualcomm is an active supplier to the US military all of there stuff is either an actual item supplied to the military or in the case of the XL bag, built to the same specs as the actual military item.
This means it's durable and it works.
I like this bag because the shape is unique and by wearing it cross-body, you can swing it forward to access all items without taking it off.
Try that with a backpack.
Also unlike a messenger bag that is designed to hang at your hip, flopping and bumping around, this sits right across your back or across your chest.
Very comfortable to wear but with one strap I do find I have to shift it form left to right on longer slogs.
It can hold almost anything; a takedown/folding stock rifle or shotgun, hydration system, rope, tall thermos, dog leash and bowl, tripod and extra long lenses, walking shoes, chronograph, game cameras, cigar case and big torch lighter, collapsible fishing pole, beer growler, rolled up tarp/picnic blanket, tent poles, etc.
One limit is that it won't carry broad things like laptops or a full-sized Monopoly set, but I rarely find a need to lug those around anyway.

I don't really carry "weapons" in it but just it's appearance will keep people guessing as to it's contents.
And nobody ever dares call it a "man purse."

I refuse to call it "tactical", but I have used the Molle straps to attach stuff to the bag as well as attach the bag to stuff. :lol:
It isn't cheap but it will literally last you a lifetime.

https://countycomm.com/collections/bags ... atac-rev-3

https://countycomm.com/collections/bags ... atac-rev-3