Official 2nd Generation Keihin EFI retrofit kit

The "Pimp my Ride" section for Soviet bloc bikes. Everybody seems to have their own custom add-ons, modifications & accessories. Share your tips and post pictures of them here.
Forum rules
This is the place for topics concerining modifying and accessorizing your Ural or Denpr.
User avatar
windmill
Order of Victory
Order of Victory
Posts: 8082
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:17 am
Location: Kent, Wa 98042

Re: Official 2nd Generation Keihin EFI retrofit kit

Post by windmill » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:31 pm

GHGoodwin wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:00 pm
As far as buying back throttle bodies. I "read between the lines" as removing evidence of incompetence rather than making it right.
Or maybe something less nefarious, such as needing cores for future OE product support?
Barry

"Take care, sir," cried Sancho. "Those over there are not giants but windmills".

2007 Patrol 100k km and counting,
2018/20 M70

eastbloc
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Posts: 1875
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:46 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contact:

Re: Official 2nd Generation Keihin EFI retrofit kit

Post by eastbloc » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:06 pm

Or something in the middle, like not wanting used ElectroJet TBs flooding the market and competing with dealer parts.
'14 Gear Up
'02 Patrol
'00 Bavarian Classic

User avatar
GHGoodwin
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Posts: 5144
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:43 pm
Location: Aurora, Ohio 44202 (SE of Cleve)

Re: Official 2nd Generation Keihin EFI retrofit kit

Post by GHGoodwin » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:38 am

Please note they won't buy back my '14"s. I guess I'm just stuck with the plain old "bad product" ending (The Boys).
Hal

2011/12 Tourist - "The Russian"
It's a long list.
2014 Patrol - "Blackbird"

SgtFear85
New Member
New Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:02 pm
Location: Cape Coral Fl
Contact:

Re: Official 2nd Generation Keihin EFI retrofit kit

Post by SgtFear85 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:38 pm

How do you order one? I contacted my local dealer...they don't know anything about it.
Thanks!

User avatar
windmill
Order of Victory
Order of Victory
Posts: 8082
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:17 am
Location: Kent, Wa 98042

Re: Official 2nd Generation Keihin EFI retrofit kit

Post by windmill » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:59 pm

SgtFear85 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:38 pm
How do you order one? I contacted my local dealer...they don't know anything about it.
Thanks!
It's listed on Urals web site under accesories > performance, part number 51150
https://live.uralcatalog.com/accessory/ ... 3100/3809/

https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts ... ction=View
Barry

"Take care, sir," cried Sancho. "Those over there are not giants but windmills".

2007 Patrol 100k km and counting,
2018/20 M70

User avatar
GHGoodwin
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Posts: 5144
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:43 pm
Location: Aurora, Ohio 44202 (SE of Cleve)

Re: Official 2nd Generation Keihin EFI retrofit kit

Post by GHGoodwin » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:32 am

This cynic got his hands on one for his '14. At dealers and picking it up next week. I haven't seen the kit yet but it came with a 90 page installation manual. We'll see it's a user friendly install. My initial guess is that it'll take a couple of uninterrupted days.
Photos and report later.
Hal

2011/12 Tourist - "The Russian"
It's a long list.
2014 Patrol - "Blackbird"

User avatar
windmill
Order of Victory
Order of Victory
Posts: 8082
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:17 am
Location: Kent, Wa 98042

Re: Official 2nd Generation Keihin EFI retrofit kit

Post by windmill » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:20 am

GHGoodwin wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:32 am
This cynic got his hands on one for his '14. At dealers and picking it up next week. I haven't seen the kit yet but it came with a 90 page installation manual. We'll see it's a user friendly install. My initial guess is that it'll take a couple of uninterrupted days.
Photos and report later.
I think you'll be really pleased.

Nik told me he installed a kit in a little over 2 hours....but he designed it..... Jason put it in the dealers book as 8 hours labor.

A couple of FYI,
The kit comes with those stupid one use hose clamps, had I done it myself I would have reused the regular skinny hose clamps I had replaced them with on the OE setup.
You'll need a pair of vacuum port adapters to hook up your manometer, they gave me a spare set, but supposedly they're a common item that come with many gauges.

https://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-08-00 ... B000OO4PWG
https://www.amazon.com/TecMate-CarbMate ... B0022ZXEH2
IMG_3233.JPG
IMG_3231.JPG
IMG_3232.JPG
Looking forward to your report. :lurker:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Barry

"Take care, sir," cried Sancho. "Those over there are not giants but windmills".

2007 Patrol 100k km and counting,
2018/20 M70

User avatar
GHGoodwin
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Posts: 5144
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:43 pm
Location: Aurora, Ohio 44202 (SE of Cleve)

Re: Official 2nd Generation Keihin EFI retrofit kit

Post by GHGoodwin » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:43 pm

Adapters ordered.

Put a ruler next to the one Jason provided. Looks like a fun lathe project.
Hal

2011/12 Tourist - "The Russian"
It's a long list.
2014 Patrol - "Blackbird"

User avatar
windmill
Order of Victory
Order of Victory
Posts: 8082
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:17 am
Location: Kent, Wa 98042

Re: Official 2nd Generation Keihin EFI retrofit kit

Post by windmill » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:35 pm

GHGoodwin wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:43 pm
Adapters ordered.

Put a ruler next to the one Jason provided. Looks like a fun lathe project.
ID. .115
Relief depth for O ring, .035
IMG_3234.JPG
IMG_3242.JPG
IMG_3240.JPG
IMG_3236.JPG
IMG_3241.JPG
IMG_3238.JPG
IMG_3239.JPG
IMG_3237.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Barry

"Take care, sir," cried Sancho. "Those over there are not giants but windmills".

2007 Patrol 100k km and counting,
2018/20 M70

User avatar
GHGoodwin
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Posts: 5144
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:43 pm
Location: Aurora, Ohio 44202 (SE of Cleve)

Re: Official 2nd Generation Keihin EFI retrofit kit

Post by GHGoodwin » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:38 pm

Gracias. Gracias.

I discovered that individual adapters like those are hard to come by. USU in some kind of kit.

What I really needed was the thread depth. I like the lower main body recess for the o-ring. Assume it's about a third of the dia of the ring.

Also might be interesting to make from a brake bleeder. Cut off bottom. Champfer the hole edge.
Hal

2011/12 Tourist - "The Russian"
It's a long list.
2014 Patrol - "Blackbird"

User avatar
windmill
Order of Victory
Order of Victory
Posts: 8082
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:17 am
Location: Kent, Wa 98042

Re: Official 2nd Generation Keihin EFI retrofit kit

Post by windmill » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:54 pm

GHGoodwin wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:38 pm
Gracias. Gracias.

I discovered that individual adapters like those are hard to come by. USU in some kind of kit.

What I really needed was the thread depth. I like the lower main body recess for the o-ring. Assume it's about a third of the dia of the ring.

Also might be interesting to make from a brake bleeder. Cut off bottom. Champfer the hole edge.
It's M6-1.0

The O ring is .070 thick

Digi sync sells a nice quality adapter.
http://thedigisync.com/e-store.html
Barry

"Take care, sir," cried Sancho. "Those over there are not giants but windmills".

2007 Patrol 100k km and counting,
2018/20 M70

User avatar
GHGoodwin
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Posts: 5144
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:43 pm
Location: Aurora, Ohio 44202 (SE of Cleve)

Re: Official 2nd Generation Keihin EFI retrofit kit

Post by GHGoodwin » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:56 am

windmill wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:20 am
Nik told me he installed a kit in a little over 2 hours....but he designed it..... Jason put it in the dealers book as 8 hours labor.
8 hrs at dealer shop rate? Might add a considerable amount to the price tag. We'll see. Off the cuff I'm leaning toward having a dealer install done anyway. Simple case of "its their problem - not mine".
Hal

2011/12 Tourist - "The Russian"
It's a long list.
2014 Patrol - "Blackbird"

User avatar
windmill
Order of Victory
Order of Victory
Posts: 8082
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:17 am
Location: Kent, Wa 98042

Re: Official 2nd Generation Keihin EFI retrofit kit

Post by windmill » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:07 am

GHGoodwin wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:56 am
windmill wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:20 am
Nik told me he installed a kit in a little over 2 hours....but he designed it..... Jason put it in the dealers book as 8 hours labor.
8 hrs at dealer shop rate? Might add a considerable amount to the price tag. We'll see. Off the cuff I'm leaning toward having a dealer install done anyway. Simple case of "its their problem - not mine".
I get what you're saying, and unfortunately I don't have any firsthand experience with the installation. The folks at IMWA are confident the average person can install the kit following the directions as its plug and play other than adjusting the throttle cable slack, and off idle balance which is no different than carbs, or EJ.
Barry

"Take care, sir," cried Sancho. "Those over there are not giants but windmills".

2007 Patrol 100k km and counting,
2018/20 M70

User avatar
GHGoodwin
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Posts: 5144
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:43 pm
Location: Aurora, Ohio 44202 (SE of Cleve)

Re: Official 2nd Generation Keihin EFI retrofit kit

Post by GHGoodwin » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:01 pm

Hey Barry. I thought you might get a kick out of this. I really liked the hand screw-in capability on the vacuum port adapters you got from Ural. I bought the Motion Pro set you linked above. Well made. Two of each. So I quick modded one of the long ones.

Bottom nut is secured with blue locktite and set to mirror the threaded end on yours. Hand screw is a 6mm coupler nut that was drilled out and secured with red locktite and a couple of peens. Voila! Not as much fun as making a copy on a lathe but functional and easily copied.
P2170067.JPG
I'll do one of the short ones tomorrow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hal

2011/12 Tourist - "The Russian"
It's a long list.
2014 Patrol - "Blackbird"

User avatar
windmill
Order of Victory
Order of Victory
Posts: 8082
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:17 am
Location: Kent, Wa 98042

Re: Official 2nd Generation Keihin EFI retrofit kit

Post by windmill » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:19 pm

GHGoodwin wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:01 pm
Hey Barry. I thought you might get a kick out of this. I really liked the hand screw-in capability on the vacuum port adapters you got from Ural. I bought the Motion Pro set you linked above. Well made. Two of each. So I quick modded one of the long ones.

Bottom nut is secured with blue locktite and set to mirror the threaded end on yours. Hand screw is a 6mm coupler nut that was drilled out and secured with red locktite and a couple of peens. Voila! Not as much fun as making a copy on a lathe but functional and easily copied.
P2170067.JPG

I'll do one of the short ones tomorrow.
KISS! :thumbsup:
Barry

"Take care, sir," cried Sancho. "Those over there are not giants but windmills".

2007 Patrol 100k km and counting,
2018/20 M70

Post Reply