650 custom air filter

The "Pimp my Ride" section for Soviet bloc bikes. Everybody seems to have their own custom add-ons, modifications & accessories. Share your tips and post pictures of them here.
Forum rules
This is the place for topics concerining modifying and accessorizing your Ural or Denpr.
4REICH
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Re: 650 custom air filter

Post by 4REICH » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:22 pm

Thank you everyone for your responses.
13 ST solo
94 solo
74 M66
MT16

INSUBORDINATOR
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Re: 650 custom air filter

Post by INSUBORDINATOR » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:09 pm

4REICH wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:02 pm
I am mounting an older gas tank to a M66. The crossover nipples are making contact with the air filter. How do I overcome this problem? I figure taking off the stock part and shoving a 5 inch x 2 inch round automotive style filter into the hole and covering the top would be a solution. Perhaps the collective has a better idea
YES, Here is what I used on my 1994 650 Tourist. It began as an aftermarket VW air filter Kit. By Gluing a PVC floor flange (plumbing Piece) in to the cast opening (& painting it silver) I was able to use it with a thinner pleated paper filter. It worked much better than the original, & hilarious original horse tail hair filter. The flanged portion was used on top as a base for the filter. I measured the opening in the trans casting & went looking @ Home Depot. Glued with silicone - so could be undone if necessary. Never did because an excellent upgrade - like AGM Battery, & German 2 nipple filter fuel petcock..
Hope its helpful. C.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current Motorcycles: Improved 2002 Ural Tourist.

"Be who you are & say what you feel. Those that matter won't mind, those that mind - don't matter."