RETRO RIDING GEAR Bargains - LOOK

The "Pimp my Ride" section for Soviet bloc bikes. Everybody seems to have their own custom add-ons, modifications & accessories. Share your tips and post pictures of them here.
Forum rules
This is the place for topics concerining modifying and accessorizing your Ural or Denpr.
INSUBORDINATOR
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

RETRO RIDING GEAR Bargains - LOOK

Post by INSUBORDINATOR » Tue May 28, 2019 6:40 pm

I was pleasantly surprised today - with an email from - www.militaryharbor.com They are located in HONG KONG or you would not be able to afford the items. lots of these are purchased by re-enactors, WWII film makers etc. Pictures are enclosed:

Item 1) Reproduction German JACKBOOTS. I purchased a lifetime supply when the berlin wall went down. But In case you haven't priced boots lately these are a world class bargain @ $70. seen these in the USA priced nearly $400. These are actually better made boots than my East German boots - but the style is very comfortable for motorcycling & walking - with plenty of toe room. IN THE GERMAN BOOT section

Item 2) Reproduction German KRADMANTLE (bad weather motorcycle coat) @ $100. I had a similar British Aviakit version of this, when young & an all weather rider. They really do keep you toasty & dry as a top layer, But I substituted farmers Gumboots to keep my feet dry. This is a very good price, but you should probably order larger - to layer. IN THE GERMAN COAT section.

I have a suspicion this was sent by RALPH of "Chinese Moonday", who was also selling CJ motorcycle parts & accessories. I had a good experience dealing with him, a nice helpful guy. I've bought lots of parts & accessories from China at great savings & no fear - VISA CARD BACKS YOU UP.
Hope the upcoming TARRIFFS won't mess this up for anyone.

Hope this is useful, Good gear IMO.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current Motorcycles: Improved 2002 Ural Tourist.

"Be who you are & say what you feel. Those that matter won't mind, those that mind - don't matter."

windmill
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Re: RETRO RIDING GEAR Bargains - LOOK

Post by windmill » Wed May 29, 2019 6:56 pm

I had two of those reproduction kradmantles, I was going to have it made into a 3/4 length riding coat, but I never bothered as its so cheaply made. the seams tear open, and buttons pull through material. It may look ok as a costume for occasional use by a reenactor, but not up to use as riding gear.

One was so bad I tossed it out, the other I use as a small tarp. I have has better experiences with other repo items from US sources who apparently are more selective.
http://onlinemilitaria.net/default.asp
Barry

"Take care, sir," cried Sancho. "Those over there are not giants but windmills".

2007 Patrol 100k km and counting,
2018 M70

INSUBORDINATOR
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Re: RETRO RIDING GEAR Bargains - LOOK

Post by INSUBORDINATOR » Thu May 30, 2019 11:38 am

Sorry to hear that I never bought one because the didn't have anything large enough for me to layer under. I had an original, made in Vichy France to German specs. It was very heavily rubberized, & still useable. Glad you mentioned this.
The BOOTS look very good - actually made better than my EAST GERMAN BOOTS which I'm happy with, & Any Boots for $70. are a good buy today - depending on shipping cost. Unfortunately they don't make "Gunboat" size, Or I'd buy a pair.
Current Motorcycles: Improved 2002 Ural Tourist.

"Be who you are & say what you feel. Those that matter won't mind, those that mind - don't matter."