Sidecar paint job with bedliner

The "Pimp my Ride" section for Soviet bloc bikes. Everybody seems to have their own custom add-ons, modifications & accessories. Share your tips and post pictures of them here.
Forum rules
This is the place for topics concerining modifying and accessorizing your Ural or Denpr.
siberman1
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Re: Sidecar paint job with bedliner

Post by siberman1 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:43 pm

IndyChizzle wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:22 pm
glacoste wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:45 am
They used a product called Raptor. Not as thick as some of the others. Having my fenders all done up with them as well.
....snip....

If anybody knows of any fellow Ural folks that are doing this within driving distance to Indianapolis, please send me a PM!
Anywhere in USA is within driving distance of Indianapolis! Now if you were in Mogocha or Yakutsk (Google to see where....) it would be a different story! :lol:

In real life, there are forest roads, CDT, and misc. farm "roads" in US western mountain states that are Better than the Trans-Siberian Highway in Russia! I know, I've been there.

YMMV
Sent from my laptop using OEM fingers, ordinary Mouse, and LCD-screen
2014 полынь зеленый гU
Сибирь Экспресс #2

Zero payments

glacoste

Post by glacoste » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:27 am

fenders5.jpg
fenders7.jpg
fenders4.jpg
fenders.jpg
Picked up my fenders today. Had the underside of fenders done up with the Raptor bed liner as well.
Looking forward to getting it all back together!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2013 Gear-up

arbalest04062
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by arbalest04062 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:12 am

Well, I picked up my Chang tub after "painting" with truck bed liner. Ultimately, I only had the exterior done. The truck bed liner is quite "textured". I am happy with it. Finishing up remounting the tub tonight.
Once you go hack, you'll never go back.

sKiZo
Party Member
Party Member

Post by sKiZo » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:52 pm

No salt water to deal with here, unless you count a few months of winter ...

Just painted the inside of the trunk on mine last night, only I went with "gravel guard" paint from the local NAPA. Goes on thick, and leaves a pebbly finish that's pretty much indestructable. I DID wheel and prime the metal first though- a lot of that didn't look bad but came right off with the wire brush. Good news - no holes to deal with, and the exterior metal and paint look good. Interior probably rotted out from all the beer spills over the years. ;-}

Handy stuff - been using it for years on custom brackets and such. Here's what it looks like on the air cleaner.

You can also get a faux pebble vinyl finish on plastic and fiberglass - I've got some repairs to do on the fairing I found, and the paint works nice on the inside surfaces that are visible. The gravel guard dries with almost a satin sheen to it, but will dull down over the years for more of a leather look.