Ural Summer Gloves: Are they any good?

The "Pimp my Ride" section for Soviet bloc bikes. Everybody seems to have their own custom add-ons, modifications & accessories. Share your tips and post pictures of them here.
Forum rules
This is the place for topics concerining modifying and accessorizing your Ural or Denpr.
tgtrotter
Commissar
Commissar

Re: Ural Summer Gloves: Are they any good?

Post by tgtrotter » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:52 pm

windmill wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 12:23 am
S 854 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:29 pm
How did we get from “Are Ural gloves any good” to “YER ALL GONNA DIE OUT THERE!!!” in less than two pages?!?

:feelsgood:
Because the answer to the OP's question "are they any good?" is subjective due to many different parameters that can't be quantified without perspective.

The OP's specific parameters are "Are they durable? Will they protect you in a crash?". Apparently nobody has first hand experience with them, as such we're limited to speculations based on personal requirement and prejudices.

In other words, we don't know jack $#!+ about them, and we're just talking out of our asses...... :lurker:
Lokiboy wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:19 am
I have their summer weight gloves and I love them. I did have to modify both gloves, however, because I take a medium and I could not comfortably fit the glove over my hand’s ball of the thumb. I ended up going to an upholstery shop where they slit the area to open a bit and added new fabric for an extension. Other than that, they are now very comfortable. 9E37EA6C-16BF-4155-BD21-C5A44E0D2E92.jpeg
Well there you have your one answer.
Thanks Lokiboy
2007 Woodland Green Patrol :foilhead:
2004 FLTRI :machinegun:
1992 Trek 830 :P

wesplains

Post by wesplains » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:43 pm

I had my first mc wreck at 30 mph when I was 14. Went over the handle bars and slid on road for a bit. Helmet saved my head. No gloves on so hands were ate up with road rash. That was 47 years ago. Not counting dirt bikes my only wreck. I never take off on a bike of any kind without helmet, gloves and jacket. Each to their own
Never found the rainbow.
Current bikes.
2018 Ural GearUp
2009 1300 Vstar Yamaha
2007 F650GS BMW
Daily Ride
2017 Ram Rebel

Michael W

Post by Michael W » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:46 pm

I have been using Ural summer gloves for a couple of months. I like them.
2019 Ural Gear-Up, O. D. Green. :clap:

Santa Susana, California.

sKiZo
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by sKiZo » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:32 pm

Another vote for mechanics gloves. Durable, and available most anywhere. I also prefer a tight fit for better feel for all the buttons and such. The ones I've got have knuckle protection as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Evil Kneivel? He got nuttin' on me!
2011 Ural T
Handicap mods include Raceway foot box, tank shifter w/reverse, and DIY rear brake pedal mods.

Happytrails
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Post by Happytrails » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:04 am

Those summer gloves look OK. I was never able to decide on what to go with and now its fall weather. Luckily I already have a pair of spring fall winter gloves.
-JR

2018 Ural GearUp, Urban Camo
1991 Honda Goldwing SE

"riding is good therapy"