Driving Light Switch Location.

The "Pimp my Ride" section for Soviet bloc bikes. Everybody seems to have their own custom add-ons, modifications & accessories. Share your tips and post pictures of them here.
Forum rules
This is the place for topics concerining modifying and accessorizing your Ural or Denpr.
snowymonkey
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Re: Driving Light Switch Location.

Post by snowymonkey » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:41 pm

I resurrected the old thread so as to quit hijacking this one. Sorry, I went down a rabbit hole and now I’m curious.
“ The music moves me, but it moves me ugly” - Nickoli

2008 Ural Patrol - “Toothless”

Lake City Florida

INSUBORDINATOR
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Re: Driving Light Switch Location.

Post by INSUBORDINATOR » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:02 pm

Lmo wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:59 am
I just put two 5-3/4" Hella H3 55W driving lights on my rig, but I haven't connected them yet.

How do you control your auxiliary driving lights? Put another way, where is the switch located; handlebar, dash, other place?

Relays and individually fused?
I can turn my headlight & running lights on & off from the handlebar switch. I wired my LED spots to my running light circuit, so I could just run them without the headlight. My Projector LED headlight is always on BRIGHT. So basically I can use my spots to see road surface at slower speeds (like low beams) To be legal - I have the Blue LED PILOT LIGHT wired to the ignition - so it's on when the bike is running day or night. No fuses needed for LEDs.

I have observed insects seem less attracted to LEDs - Or maybe its my Cologne keeping them away.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current Motorcycles: 02 Ural Tourist, 2010 modified Royal Enfield G5 Deluxe.

"Be who you are & say what you feel. Those that matter won't mind, those that mind - don't matter."