Cheapo camera mount idea from Tractor Supply Company product

The "Pimp my Ride" section for Soviet bloc bikes. Everybody seems to have their own custom add-ons, modifications & accessories. Share your tips and post pictures of them here.
Forum rules
This is the place for topics concerining modifying and accessorizing your Ural or Denpr.
a1930ford
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Cheapo camera mount idea from Tractor Supply Company product

Post by a1930ford » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:10 am

:lurker:
Last edited by a1930ford on Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

a1930ford
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

camera mount idea from TSC

Post by a1930ford » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:21 am

Last edited by a1930ford on Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

hdflame
Comrade General
Comrade General

Re: Cheapo camera mount idea from Tractor Supply Company pro

Post by hdflame » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:38 am

a1930ford wrote:Well, since I couldn't find a Ram camera mount that fit my budget, and I enjoyed being cheap, ........
Try this site http://www.cycoactive.com/

Good people to deal with and good prices. I've bought GPS mounts from them for my Road KIng and plan on doing the same for the Ural. They will lead you in the right direction over the phone if you need help. Lots of options!

After looking again, I found this $39 http://www.cycoactive.com/ram/ramcam.shtml

You'll waste more money trying to rig something that may or may not work! Hope this helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ride safe,
Bobby
Cell-919-353-1096
2006 Ural Tourist
2004 Harley Road King FF Edition
http://www.riddlescustomupholstery.com

http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/HD ... iew=albums

Mud Pie
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Mud Pie » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:20 am

I'm kinda with you on this one, hdflame.

Why mount a camera that costs somewhat big bucks with a 1 dollar jury-rigged mount ? If and when it breaks and you watch your camera skipping down the road like a flat rock across a pond, the last thought out of my mind would be, "Glad a saved a few bucks on that camera mount !"

Like my dad used to say:

"If there is a right tool for the job, get that tool. If you can't afford that tool, wait until you can. Using half-a$$ed tools only give you half-a$$ed results."
2005 Ural Gear Up with DP-28 replica
Patriot Guard Rider

"I don't drive a Ural to make great time, I drive a Ural to have a great time."

"There is no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws." - Ayn Rand "Atlas Shrugged"

redflasher
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by redflasher » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:30 am

I use this one for my Flip video. It's mounted on the hack windshield cross bar shooting thru the lexan or whatever the windshield is made of.

Got another one for GPS or whatever else you want to carry.

It's solid.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob in Minnesota
Former GearUP owner
Can Am Spyder 2012 RT A&C

'Friends come and go. Enemies accumulate.'

'Whilst sidecaring definitely builds both character and muscles, it's not as difficult as some people claim'

hdflame
Comrade General
Comrade General

Post by hdflame » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:43 am

Mud Pie wrote:I'm kinda with you on this one, hdflame.

Why mount a camera that costs somewhat big bucks with a 1 dollar jury-rigged mount ? If and when it breaks and you watch your camera skipping down the road like a flat rock across a pond, the last thought out of my mind would be, "Glad a saved a few bucks on that camera mount !"

Like my dad used to say:

"If there is a right tool for the job, get that tool. If you can't afford that tool, wait until you can. Using half-a$$ed tools only give you half-a$$ed results."
I wasn't trying to discourage anyone from using some creativity in making things for their bikes. There is definitely a lot of that on here and it has helped me with my own projects! I was just trying to offer my experience with Cycoactive and their products, which I felt were pretty reasonably priced.

I do agree that I would want to make sure that my camera was not going to be sacraficed to the asphalt/gravel road gods! lol
Ride safe,
Bobby
Cell-919-353-1096
2006 Ural Tourist
2004 Harley Road King FF Edition
http://www.riddlescustomupholstery.com

http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/HD ... iew=albums

Mud Pie
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Mud Pie » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:38 pm

hdflame wrote:
Mud Pie wrote:I'm kinda with you on this one, hdflame.

Like my dad used to say:

I wasn't trying to discourage anyone from using some creativity in making things for their bikes. There is definitely a lot of that on here and it has helped me with my own projects! I was just trying to offer my experience with Cycoactive and their products, which I felt were pretty reasonably priced.

I do agree that I would want to make sure that my camera was not going to be sacraficed to the asphalt/gravel road gods! lol
I agree, some of the guys here think of things that amaze me, but being the geek that I am, I have to make sure all my gadgets are securely mounted.

U-bolts, metal brackets, etc. need to hold my gear on. No clip-on stuff will do Sure, it may last forever, but give me U-bolts !!
2005 Ural Gear Up with DP-28 replica
Patriot Guard Rider

"I don't drive a Ural to make great time, I drive a Ural to have a great time."

"There is no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws." - Ayn Rand "Atlas Shrugged"

Bilgekeeldave
Commissar
Commissar

Post by Bilgekeeldave » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:45 pm

Duct Tape! Lots of it!

Dave
Dave

RAMCO-Dnepr MT-16

jerbunch
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by jerbunch » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:34 pm

redflasher wrote:I use this one for my Flip video. It's mounted on the hack windshield cross bar shooting thru the lexan or whatever the windshield is made of.

It's solid.
Got a make and model number on this mount????
Jerbunch

2011 Patrol, White "Stoli"
05 Patrol (gone, but not forgotten)
05 Stella
2011 Super Low HD
2009 Burgman 650
2007 BMW R1200RT
2007 BMW F800ST

redflasher
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by redflasher » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:10 am

jerbunch wrote:
redflasher wrote:I use this one for my Flip video. It's mounted on the hack windshield cross bar shooting thru the lexan or whatever the windshield is made of.

It's solid.
Got a make and model number on this mount????

MAD DOG GEAR

hand held mount

They are made by Stearns-the life preserver people

no model number on the package

bought the first one at Fleet Farm. The second one on ebay

about $20 or so
Bob in Minnesota
Former GearUP owner
Can Am Spyder 2012 RT A&C

'Friends come and go. Enemies accumulate.'

'Whilst sidecaring definitely builds both character and muscles, it's not as difficult as some people claim'

a1930ford
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

cheapo camera mount

Post by a1930ford » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:58 am