OEM windshield, mounted but.........

The "Pimp my Ride" section for Soviet bloc bikes. Everybody seems to have their own custom add-ons, modifications & accessories. Share your tips and post pictures of them here.
Forum rules
This is the place for topics concerining modifying and accessorizing your Ural or Denpr.
Madmortarman

Re: OEM windshield, mounted but.........

Post by Madmortarman » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:12 am

Well I read through all the posts and finally got my OEM windshield installed. I have a 2018 Ural Gear Up. I didn't have to cut the Fairing at all for the turn signal. I simply unbolted the bracket and moved it behind the fork, I also undid the wires inside and rerouted them behind the fork as well. This gave it a much cleaner look, as well as the clearance needed for the fairing. As far as the rest.. What a Pain it was. It still needs a little fine tuning. Also something to mention. You will need to cut off a 5mm Allan wrench to be able to reinstall the screws on the headlight. At least on the newer models, not sure about the older ones.
2018 Gear Up

LVGS
Comrade
Comrade

Post by LVGS » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:18 pm

DB9DB079-5843-4A3C-B879-92CCFE9BEFDD.jpeg
In Canada, our bikes have turn signals on both sides of the bike. While the one on the left can be easily moved behind the fork, the one of the right appears like it may hit the steering damper if moved back.

One option would be to remove the right turn signal altogether; however, I am unclear whether this would cause any issues i.e. with respect to the other turn signals.

Has anyone in Canada or elsewhere with turn signals on both sides run into this challenge and if so, how did you get around it?

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LVGS on Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nanoose Bay (Vancouver Island), BC CANADA

In the garage:
‘18 Ural Gear Up
‘10 BMW R1200GS

jeffsaline
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2019

Post by jeffsaline » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:51 pm

Why not take the bulb out of the right turn signal you'd like to remove and see if the rest continue to work as designed. If no issue then remove the signal. My guess is there will be no problem removing the turn signal but it is just a guess.

Best,

Jeff
Jeff Saline
2010 Gear Up
-Good, Fast, Cheap. Pick Two
-Just because something isn't true, no reason you can't believe it. Hub McCann Second Hand Lions
-Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

LVGS
Comrade
Comrade

Post by LVGS » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:33 pm

jeffsaline wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:51 pm
Why not take the bulb out of the right turn signal you'd like to remove and see if the rest continue to work as designed. If no issue then remove the signal. My guess is there will be no problem removing the turn signal but it is just a guess.
That’s a far too logical and thoughtful idea Jeff and one that I should have considered in the first place!

Having said that, my preference would be keep both turn signals but in the event I haven’t found a solution, I will definitely do as suggested. Thanks Jeff.
Nanoose Bay (Vancouver Island), BC CANADA

In the garage:
‘18 Ural Gear Up
‘10 BMW R1200GS