Van Got "Karen'ed"

Welcome Comrade! Pull up a barstool and order yourself a virtual vodka or Baltika and enjoy the camaraderie of other Soviet bloc bike enthusiasts. Nastrovya! This is the place for generic conversations about bikes and life in general.
Forum rules
This is the place for general discussion about motorcycles and life in general. No political posts. Use The "Other" Toy Box section for other bikes, guns, collectibles or hobbies.
Wildhorse Cafe
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Re: Van Got "Karen'ed"

Post by Wildhorse Cafe » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:38 pm

tx2sturgis wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:01 pm
rougaroo wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:48 pm

Perhaps the most reported one was "Central Park Karen" in NYC She was walking her dog in Central Park with the dog off its leash. A black man who was watching birds very politely asked her to please put her dog on a leash. She freaked out, called the police, said a black man was threatening her life, and to come quickly. Unfortunately for her, as the incident escalated the man recorded the event on his cell phone. She's since lost her job and faces other repercussions for false charges: https://newsone.com/3950438/list-of-rep ... ling-cops/.

The man, incidentally, thinks she's been treated too harshly.

Rougaroo
This black man, Christian Cooper, admitted threatening her and trying to lure her dog away with dog treats he carries for that reason, before the recording started. THAT'S why he thinks she is being harshly treated. He feels partly responsible for basically, ruining her life.

Yes, she did react strongly, but she DID feel threatened.

Possibly he has done this before? He's not quite as innocent as he appears in the video.
So you think what happened to Van, was racially motovated?
2011 Patrol, The Higgs Bison Super Collider, formally known as, the Orange and Silver Pumpkin Coach.

2013 Black Retro, Chernaya Krasota, formally known as, my name is nobody.

When you set out on your journey to Ithaca
pray the road is long , full of adventure, full of knowledge
not expecting that Ithaca will offer you riches
Ithaca has given you the beautiful voyage

C.P. Cavafy

rougaroo

Post by rougaroo » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:07 pm

Almost any post after this will start a flame war on this thread, and that's why JohnBG got rid of the soapbox on the forum. I don't know where tx2stugis gets his news, but let me politely say it isn't from any major news source that fact-checks their stories. Just Google it yourself, read the first 200 or more references from all ends of the news spectrum, and see what you think.

Rougaroo
2003 Tourist - lotsa upgrades
2004 Troyka - work in progress

tx2sturgis
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by tx2sturgis » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:19 pm

rougaroo wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:07 pm
I don't know where tx2stugis gets his news, but let me politely say it isn't from any major news source that fact-checks their stories.

That seems disrespectful. But your respect is not needed or even asked for. That's a moderators job, not mine. This is exactly why politics goes south in a hurry. Your choice I suppose, if you "have a dog in this fight"...pun intended.

I was filling in some details that are not being widely reported, but I was NOT sticking up for, or attacking, anyone.

There are many sources for 'my news'...pick one, scan or read the articles, paying attention to the part where Christian says he carries dog treats, to lure un-leashed dogs away, and admits to saying he would do something the lady would not like....how was she supposed to react...smile and say "hey dude, lets go have a beer"?

I wasnt there, but I do know there are always two sides to every story like this.

He posted this stuff on his facebook page, I have no idea if it's still there, I cant access it since I'm not a member of facebook.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/26/christian ... o-footage/

https://www.boston.com/news/national-ne ... ooperation

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/05/ ... tral-park/

https://lovebreedsaccountability.com/20 ... s-puppies/
Rural Ural in Tulia Texas!

Current Ural: 2013 Ural Solo sT

Previous Ural: 2013 Ural Patrol

merman
Party Member
Party Member

Post by merman » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:33 am

The world could use more dog loving Uralistas out there. Viva la revolution y Viva Los Uralistas
Be kind. Live like today is the last day; someday it will be.

Currently riding a 2012 Gear-Up but it changes regularly...
2003 Ural Tourist
BMW F800GS with custom sidecar
W650 scrambler and a W650 with sidecar
1974 Norton 850 Commando electric