Van Got "Karen'ed"

Welcome Comrade! Pull up a barstool and order yourself a virtual vodka or Baltika and enjoy the camaraderie of other Soviet bloc bike enthusiasts. Nastrovya! This is the place for generic conversations about bikes and life in general.
Forum rules
This is the place for general discussion about motorcycles and life in general. No political posts. Use The "Other" Toy Box section for other bikes, guns, collectibles or hobbies.
rougaroo
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Van Got "Karen'ed"

Post by rougaroo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:20 pm

Anybody who's followed Van Le or knows him knows what an incredible job he's done training his Malinois, Lola, and his three German shepherds. Van was at a park in Annapolis yesterday exercising the dogs. He was getting ready to go home and had them sit next to the car, then one by one ordered them up into the car.

A woman saw the dogs getting into the car and called the police, telling them Van was (obviously) stealing the dogs! She followed Van back to his house and gave the police his license number and a description of the car.

The police showed up at Van's house.
108050659_313385153152117_4598073360648009830_n.jpg
They asked Van why Lola wasn't on a leash. Note in the picture how Lola is lying down on her stool, watchful and alert but not endangering anyone. Note, too, that the officers are both watching Lola, not Van. Van told me the woman officer kept her hand on her gun the entire time she was talking to him. Van replied that Lola didn't need to be on a leash on his property and was under his full control regardless. They then insisted Lola still needed to be on a leash! (I looked it up - that isn't true under either Maryland state or Annapolis city laws) They asked how he'd gotten the dogs and whether they roamed the neighborhood. Then they went to Van's neighbors and questioned them.

The city animal control has been by before just to watch Van training and talk about dog training in general. All the dogs are registered in the city and county. Did the police check with animal control before coming by? Of course not. Van said the police had the woman who reported him on the phone the entire time they were talking to him and she wouldn't let up.

There's obviously something wrong with a skinny tattooed Asian guy wearing sunglasses, driving a Jeep that looks like it was painted by Maurice Sendak, and accompanied by four large shepherd dogs. It's a damn good thing they didn't see the Urals!

Rougaroo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2003 Tourist - lotsa upgrades
2004 Troyka - work in progress

Peter Pan

Re: Van Got "Karen'ed"

Post by Peter Pan » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:24 pm

Xenophobic police or lady playing "Blockwart"?
We seem to get back to 1933.

Van, on, on, you are a man who does things right.
Congratulation to your dog training skills.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
While our 2 shepherds are pure pet dogs "herding" their folks. :party:
Sophie Travelair = Patrol 2013
8 weeks 12.000km Oregon-Alaska-Oregon
With a DIY foam air filter the rig runs well even in tropical rain = :moto:
Final drives: 1. at 5000km, 2. at 34.000km(+friction plates) 3. at 42.386km
transmission: 1. 40.000km. 2. installed
Engine: 1. 43.388km crank replacement: Back on the road since 23.Okt.2019 :party:

The Avatar are 2 rice grains stating life's essence:
"The most important you cannot see!"
=> Attitude makes the difference!

a1930ford
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by a1930ford » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:54 pm

I sort of laugh at the irony, as I had a somewhat similar situation with a Modle A Ford that I had in my own secluded drive right outside of my own garage to my home when I lived in Arlington, Tx. The city inspector came by when I was removing a tire to it. She told me that she had a complaint and had to cite me, because my old Ford was in the drive and not inside of my garage. She said that the city had an ordinance against such. as some young child could accidentally wander into my property and have the car fall down on them. I told her I could move it immediately, which I did. I asked her why it was that I could have it inside of my own garage with the garage door fully opened and not be cited, but she would not answer me. She wrote me out the ticket and I immediately went inside and called the head of her department to complain and to show immediate proof that I did indeed move the car, as she had demanded. I still had to go to the courthouse, even though he dropped it and ended up paying a $25.00 dollar fine. Believe me, this car had been out there and being worked on at various times over the past year with no issues from the city at all, but my neighbor next door had used a realtor to sell his home and she was the one who complained. He had never had an issue and had even helped me often during the entire time he had lived next door to my home. The city government can be areal butt to deal with, especially inspectors. It was almost as bad as dealing with and HOA. In today's world of noseybodies trying to garner internet fame for their stupidity stunts, it will only get even worse., especially with this shelter in place stuff to fight this virus happening and people forgetting how to use common sense or at least hold a real conversation with someone to find out the facts before they call the police. Here's wishing him some good luck, as he probably needs it. :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"There is a reason Dogs do not live as long as we do. They are our resume in Heaven."
"Cheapest, most efficient and longest distance wifi in the world is prayer."

2005 Troyka "The Dog Taxi" - Wichita Falls, TX.

Peter Pan

Post by Peter Pan » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:27 pm

Pat, that photo looks familiar to me:
IMG_5870.jpg
Van, the fresh harvest I just sent for your personal protection.

CR saying:
"Nobody is able to live in peace, if the neighbour doesn't want to let you."

(already 6 of our dogs were killed by "nice" neighbours)
Sophie Travelair = Patrol 2013
8 weeks 12.000km Oregon-Alaska-Oregon
With a DIY foam air filter the rig runs well even in tropical rain = :moto:
Final drives: 1. at 5000km, 2. at 34.000km(+friction plates) 3. at 42.386km
transmission: 1. 40.000km. 2. installed
Engine: 1. 43.388km crank replacement: Back on the road since 23.Okt.2019 :party:

The Avatar are 2 rice grains stating life's essence:
"The most important you cannot see!"
=> Attitude makes the difference!

gobium
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by gobium » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:48 pm

PSX_20200715_144454.jpg
My kids are not average pet or k9.
Resized_PSX_20200715_144423.jpeg

gobium
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by gobium » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:58 pm

I brought Lola out to for back up, this is what we are training for the last 2 years.
Mood got hostile when Lola show up with no leash, the police called for back up. They are rookies no match for me or Lola. I stand next to the jeep with open door for a reason.
Good thing Lola did not show agression toward the police, they will shoot her in a heart beat. They knew it is a trained Belgian that is why hand on holster at all time.
Sh!t could got deathly over NOTHING!

BTW my k9s are registered with the county, a simple phone call could have be better.
No German or Belgian reported stolen last 24 hrs or past week.
No F...ING apology.

GHGoodwin

Post by GHGoodwin » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:12 pm

Van - this just plain out sucks. I'm sorry you got treated that way.
Hal

2011/12 Tourist - "The Russian"
It's a long list.
2014 Patrol - "Blackbird"

harryball

Post by harryball » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:50 pm

Un-f-ing believable. Some people need... I'll stop there. Glad it didn't escalate. Hope "Karen" meets Karma.
---
2017 - cT - "Georgia" My wife's rig.
2017 - M70/Retro, Sigmund. My wife's other rig.
Robert
http://HabitatForBats.org - Give a bat a home!

mattzahr
Comrade General
Comrade General

Post by mattzahr » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:31 pm

Van by chance do you have the whole video string that you could show to the Annapolis City Council?

It might make for good news on a local channel even though the police will say they were "following up on a complaint".

More reason to stay in the Ozarks....just sayin'

Keep the faith!
'16 cT - Terracotta 20k and climbing
Former bikes
2005 HD Springer Classic
1983 BMW R80RT
1998 Ural Italia

gobium
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by gobium » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:39 pm

mattzahr wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:31 pm
Van by chance do you have the whole video string that you could show to the Annapolis City Council?

It might make for good news on a local channel even though the police will say they were "following up on a complaint".

More reason to stay in the Ozarks....just sayin'

Keep the faith!
Polices have body cam.
Camera is your friend

WEGUNTER
Commissar
Commissar

Post by WEGUNTER » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:55 pm

Van!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep that must have been a tense situation. What a crock. Things could have gotten real bad real fast. How about the cops filing charges against the woman for filing a false report?????????? This is BS

Penrod

Post by Penrod » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:14 pm

Total BS Van. Your Ural family supports you.
2015 cT Special Edition Dark Force
Live in Maine. Retired.

windmill

Post by windmill » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:46 pm

It's sad when good people get treated bad, and the people responsible for it get away with it.
Barry

"Take care, sir," cried Sancho. "Those over there are not giants but windmills".

2007 Patrol 100k km and counting,
2018/20 M70

Pterodactyl

Post by Pterodactyl » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:23 pm

Yet another reason to not live in the cess pools that pass for modern American city.
Kevin
God Bless America!
The Outpost, Silver City, MT
2018 Ural Gear Up, 2017 R1200GSA

RC20

Post by RC20 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:49 pm

Van - this just plain out sucks. I'm sorry you got treated that way.
Agreed 1000%

I would love to have you and the 4 dogs for neighbors.

We were owned by two white shepherds, my folks had a black and tan when I was 19, love em.
Last edited by RC20 on Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fear No Gravel
Formerly Owned: ( various rides on others)
Honda 90
2 x CB750K (one a true Japan Model flown to Hawaii by a P3 Orion Sub Patrol Aircraft!)
1 x CB700 SC ala Shaft Drive Nighthawk S (RC20 is the actual in house production Model)
1 x R80GS (ok to start with, learned to love it for what it was)
1 x CB450K

Current:
1 x 2019 cT Terracotta

What I Did (I quit June 2 , 2019)
Mechanic/Technician/Engineer: Electro Mechanical Systems